Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
mastermunj

Original MEID Restoration Process For Droid Incredible

Hi All,

I've been using Droid Incredible since 8 months and thanks to Sadik / Hetal that now I have my MEID registered with Reliance.

However, original MEID is not yet restored on Droid Incredible.

I thought to try it myself and learn about it and arrive at a process which can be followed (at least for Droid Incredible, will be great if it can be done for all handsets), so that Gurus here should get a little relief from bombarding of such requests.

After searching on internet, found below link, which explains MEID restore process, but with my limited knowledge, I wasn't sure to go ahead with it.

Below is the content of the post

Phone: Htc Droid Incredible: Android 2.2: Baseband Version 2.15.00.07.28

Tools: CDMA Workshop 2.7, QXDM, QPST, Winhex, Scientific calculator (RealCalc app)

Step 1. You will need to download the HTC diagnostic drivers.

Step 2. Connect the phone to Computer & Dial ##3424# to put the phone in diagnostic mode. It will ask to install the diagnostic Drivers manually install the drivers from the location where you have downloaded the drivers.

You need to keep the phone in Diagnostic Mode for Programming.

Step 3. Now open QPST Configuration & select the port the phone is on

phone is now showing try to Add port.

Step 4. Open CDMA Work Shop 2.7 Select the port on which phone is connected

Connect the phone & Then Press Read.

Step 5. Now go to security tab and send the spc 000000 Press read button in ESN then Select Universal Ram Method from drop down menu

Press the write button It will ask for 2 options select 2nd option "Scan for ESN Addresses".

Leave the locations as is and click ok. While Scanning u will get all the pEsn Locations.

It will ask you to save the pEsn locations txt file after the scan is finish. Choose to save on the desktop for easy location of the file.

If you don't want to scan these are my ESN Locations for Incredible.

ESN addresses: 0x00FCADB0 0x00FCC67C 0x00FDD590 0x00FED590 0x01144E1C 0x01275C2C

0x015F2CA8 0x017C191C 0x017C1D7C 0x017C8238 0x01882F24 0x01D34C12

(Please do your own scans)

Step 6. Now the memory tab in the "Memory/Eeprom" area, enter the beginning of the address range in the Start box "00FA:0000" and "296124 bytes" in the "Size (bytes)" box. Now click "read" it will ask you to save to a file. Do this for "BOTH REGIONS" you scanned. The second region will likely take a while. The range address are "0108:0000" and "13500000 bytes".

Step 7. Press the (Phone) button on the home screen to get to the dial pad and Enter ##778 call Select view mode and then display. Find the MEID (Hex) and the ESN (Hex) They should Look something like this.

MEID: A1000009C57FQZ ESN: 8373B5C5

Now pay close attention following the example MEID and ESN I provided above your going to separate every 2 characters and then you are going to flip a few to make it backwards just follow my model and do the same to your numbers.

Original: MEID A1000009C57FQZ ESN: 8373B5C5

Separated: MEID A1 00 00 09 C5 7F QZ ESN 83 73 B5 C5

Now Flipped: MEID: QZ 7F C5 09 00 00 A1 ESN C5 B5 73 83

Step 8. now you have your .bin files open them up in Winhex. Hit CTRL+Alt+X to find the hex values you're looking for your reversed MEID: QZ7FC5090000A1 & ESN: C5B57383. Look at the line your hex value begins on: on the left side of the screen is the line number written in Hex. Put the calculator into Hex mode, then add this value to the value which represents the start of your memory range for that dump. This will be your memory location in hex.

For example, if your range started at 00FA:0000 and you find something you're looking for on line 311B8, you would add FA0000 to 311B8 in your calculator and get FD11B8... add a few 0's and a : and you have the memory location of 00FD:11B8.

By the calculations above you will get all MEID Locations in QXDM

Now After u have All MEID & pEsn Location u can proceed to the next step.

If you don't want to scan these are my MEID Locations for Incredible.

MEID addresses: 0x00FAC594 0x00FCD950 0x00FD8350 0x015E7E8C 0x015E7E98 0x017C1DD0

0x018E7A14 0x01D38E2C 0x01D546C1 0x01D3A540

(Please do your own scans)

Step 9. Open QXDM go to communication, Select the port now in Command Line Type "mode offline-d" & press enter then type spc "000000" & press enter again. Now press F4 and the memory viewer will open 1st start by change the rows from 8 to 16 then putting the address you got for MEID for Example: 0x00FD11B8 & press Enter now u will get ur MEID 14digit in reverse. make it zero & press write. (Note: some meid numbers continue on to other lines so read each location thoroughly and zero them out please.) After you have made MEID zero proceed in same manner for ESN location & make it zero.

Step 10. Now after MEID & ESN has been made zero you can confirm it by putting the command: "requestnvitemread esn" for esn & "requestnvitemread meid" for meid.

After you get a message that it's zero than u can proceed to write your ESN or MEID which ever you prefer.

Commands are

requestnvitemwrite scm 0x3a

requestnvitemwrite meid 0x(Your MEID)

MEID = actual 14 digit meid (not in reverse)

If u are writing MEID no need to write the ESN.

requestnvitemwrite esn 0x(Your ESN)

esn= actual 8 digit esn (not in reverse)

Restart your phone & hope ur ESN would have changed. Now upload the PRL file of desired operator.

It would be very very great if gurus can have a look at it and confirm whether process is correct (may be with few modifications) and can be used for restoring original MEID on Droid Incredible.

Source

yes u need to re program handset fully

hard reset DOES NOT restore meid and esn fully , it might just restore pesn

this is how i would do it to make it fast and easy

- root device

-s off device

- load an older radio 1.xx.xx

and then follow above procedure

I too have been wanting to restore the Meid on my hero. Been too busy off late. :(

Sent from my MB525 using Tapatalk

- root device

-s off device

I once restored Incre's MEID thru hard reset!

Dont try restoring the NV Items ##786# without zeroing the ESN first and changing SCM, else your radio shall be bricked.

Verizon phones dont support ##786#

I did try in past to restore meid by hard reset.. but didn't happen..

- root device

-s off device

Its only once a while that works , most of times it will restore either meid or pesn but never both

its been tried on lot of incredibles , never did it work on those

Verizon phones dont support ##786#

##786# reset on verizon = hard reset you do from bootloader screen

but its same thing

it will not restore both meid and pesn

i used this reset when memory scanning used to fail and i had to get original meid back again

Dont try restoring the NV Items ##786# without zeroing the ESN first and changing SCM, else your radio shall be bricked.

786 reset will not brick radio , but yes it will screw up your prl and make phone non writable in qpst

though it doesnt happen always

on HTC 786 reset should only be used as last resort when meid doesnt 0 out and scanning yields no new memory locations

As muffy said 786 is not the full solution for meid restore,

if your device is only on ESN then only meid will come back and ESN stays same,

best way is to root--->S-OFF---> Load 2.1 rom with 1.xx radio ---> then follow scanning method.

This rom can be used after S-OFF

http://shipped-roms....00_NoDriver.exe

teacher.gif

Edited by ::Hitesh::

Noob question what is S-OFF??

My hero is also lying idle for want of MEID restore. Will this work for Hero also or any specific modifications to the steps??

For Hero S-off is good, but not require while doing meid restore, as highest official rom is 2.1, and no issues for meid restore.

still if you want more info go to http://unrevoked.com/

Edited by ::Hitesh::
  • Like 1

For Hero S-off is good, but not require while doing meid restore, as highest official rom is 2.1, and no issues for meid restore.

still if you want more info go to http://unrevoked.com/

Thanks for the link will go through it . So i can do memory scan on the last 2.1 radio or do i have to go back to the original factory radio.

on hero do it on any radio any rom

on incre easy way is to do it on 2.1 rom with 1.00 radio

• Like 1

on hero do it on any radio any rom

on incre easy way is to do it on 2.1 rom with 1.00 radio

K thanks will try it out.

On hero 786 problem was prominent. Meid restoration is very easy on most htc phones when used with lower versions of radio and rom, higher versions of rom usually cause problems of stuck meid or leftover pesn/ meid. I have restored few hero and droid 1 and one incredible very easyly after I degraded rom and radio to lowest possible version. - usually in one pass of memory scan.

^^^

you are too lucky then, if your hero is ESN base then 786 only restores meid .

i have restored my original meid & esn and after activating my number, calls are disconnecting after answering.

when i dial *228 also disconnecting....

if i restore back previous meid & esn, calls are not disconnecting...

can any one helpout....

Lol,That's a weird issue. Try writing the akey again in the new meid.Might work.

:previous: please contact the seller or the person to whom you got your meid registered.. its AKEY issue..

Use Search, discussed many times before.

it's authentication key. If it's programmed only to the handset ur calls will work. Otherwise it wont. Contact your handset seller for the a-key.

Commands are

requestnvitemwrite scm 0x3a

requestnvitemwrite meid 0x(Your MEID)

MEID = actual 14 digit meid (not in reverse)

If u are writing MEID no need to write the ESN.

requestnvitemwrite esn 0x(Your ESN)

esn= actual 8 digit esn (not in reverse)

Restart your phone & hope ur ESN would have changed. Now upload the PRL file of desired operator.

Source

Just to add one thing.

If you are writing esn

then type the following command before writing esn

RequestNVItemWrite scm 0x2a

(this will change the mode from meid to esn)