Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
revhappy

Reliance Netconnect + Activation

Hello guys,

I am a Bangalorean living in Singapore. I am going to bangalore this friday and will need to work from home for 1 week starting from Monday and hence I desperately need a broadband connection, quickly.

I was considering Reliance Netconnect+ prepaid connection. I called up the customer service and they said it will take 3 hours for the prepaid data connection to be activated. The sounds too good to be true. What do you guys think?

My colleague who had gone to India has brought back the USB device that has a built in SIM card and he asked me to use it, but he doesn't remember the datacard number, MDN, RSN or any kind of number. Will this USB device be of any help? i.e. He used it some 6 months ago and so not sure about its validity. Can I take this USB device to the R world store and will the be able to re-activate it?

Please help!

Thanks in advance!

Revhappy.

First of all, Prepaid NetConnect Broadband+ or NetConnect 3G USB Stick takes only 30 seconds to get activated. (If you buy from some experienced Reliance Store)

Secondly, Your friend brought a USB is NetConnect Broadband+? Are you sure? Because it doesnot contain SIM Card, as NetConnect Stick works on NON SIM. and 3G (GSM) Stick works with SIM Card.

You can buy a new stick @ Rs.1599 from any store and

recharge with Rs.330 and get 5GB Data free for first month.

• Like 1

Hello Nitin,

I am also put up in Bangalore..I can say you are on the right path to go for Reliance Netconnect BB+. I am personally using it for more than 6 months in PREPAID.

Also, I referred 1 of my Wimax Frustrated Friend to go for this last week and he is rocking with this connection now.

Few TIPS :-

Connection will be activated in a minute, reliance store (web world) guys will do it for you.

Current Cost - 1599 official cost (Its 1399 in only few places, just ask them for this price, who knows u might be lucky)

Tariff - Go for 1 Re/- recharge YES only 1 rupee recharge and you will get 10 GB data valid for 30 months, YES this is available for new customers. My friend also got it last week. Next month onwards you can recharge according to your wish (I will suggest you to go for Rs 800/- recharge from next month onwards which gives you unlimited data..but only 5gb with BB and after than 1x speed but unlimited ).

Let me know if any questions ..

Njoyyyy and welcome to RIMWEB.

-Raj

• Like 1

YES only 1 rupee recharge and you will get 10 GB data valid for 30 months,

Is there a typo there? You meant 30 days.. Right?

Thanks a lot Amit and Rajiv. If it really 1 min, that great. Reliance surely rocks :)

The USB device that my friend bought is Reliance Netconnect Broadband+ and it works without SIM(sorry for confusing you by saying that it has in-built SIM). My friend doesn't remember MDN and he had taken the 1 month 5GB data plan for 300 Rs I think. That was in like almost 6 months ago, so not sure if it is valid. Do you guys think this USB device will be of any use to me? Can the reliance web world guys decode the MDN from the device and then be able to reactivate it?

I am staying in Hebbal in Bangalore. I remember seeing a Reliance Web world store at the end of brigade road and it was quite popular. I guess I will go there to get the connection.

Thanks Guys,

Cheers!

Revhappy

YES only 1 rupee recharge and you will get 10 GB data valid for 30 months,

Is there a typo there? You meant 30 days.. Right?

Oopsy..yes that was a typo..its 1 Re/- for 30 days. :Sorprendido:

Thanks a lot Amit and Rajiv. If it really 1 min, that great. Reliance surely rocks :)

The USB device that my friend bought is Reliance Netconnect Broadband+ and it works without SIM(sorry for confusing you by saying that it has in-built SIM). My friend doesn't remember MDN and he had taken the 1 month 5GB data plan for 300I think. That was in like almost 6 months ago, so not sure if it is valid. Do you guys think this USB device will be of any use to me? Can the reliance web world guys decode the MDN from the device and then be able to reactivate it?

I am staying in Hebbal in Bangalore. I remember seeing a Reliance Web world store at the end of brigade road and it was quite popular. I guess I will go there to get the connection.

Thanks Guys,

Cheers!

Revhappy

Allright.. here is a good news for you. Considering that your friend was using it as a prepaid connection, all the prepaid Netconnect BB+ gets activated for lifetime..yes just like mobile connections..even this USB once activated , will be valid for life time. So now if you take it from him, you just need to recharge and it will be ready to use..no need to go to any WW.

I guess thats what u wanted to know.

If you want to go for new one, I have already told u the procedure in my last post.

Thanks

Thanks Rajiv. That is indeed good news if its validity is lifetime and it doesn't expire due to lack of recharge for 6 months. Since I dont have the MDN, once I reach India, if I just connect the device and try click the connect button will it connect and show me the MDN? Then this MDN can be used to recharge isn't it?

Hello guys,

Just to update you, I kept calling the customer service several times and finally one person asked me the RSN number which is behind my USB device and using that he gave me the datacard number and thank god it is valid :)

Now I am trying to recharge it online, using following URL:http://myservices.relianceada.com and click instant recharge, I get the following options:

HSD Data Vouchers

Broadband+ 250MB Pack

30 Days

Broadband+ 1GB Pack

1 week

Broadband+ 350MB Pack

30 Days

Broadband+ 500MB Pack

30 Days

Broadband+ 1GB Pack

30 Days

Broadband+ 6GB Pack

3 Months

Broadband+ 18GB Pack

6 Months

There is a "Buy Now" button besides each option. But when I click the button, it takes me to a screen to select Circle and prepaid/postpaid and tells me to download a form and submit at nearest webworld :(

Any idea why it is not letting me recharge online?

mdn is the username and password

I guess you are logging in to recharge it. and if so, have you added your Netconnect/MDN No. in your login. If not, do so and then try recharging it.

ELSE, its a 2 mins job, just drop in to any of the Reliance WEB WORLD and ask them to recharge your no. just like any mobile no. it will be done in a min.

If you have decided on your plan and you are aware of the 10 digit number, you can do the recharge at any of the easy recharge dealers who are available. You need not go to the Webworld itself