Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
abhilove1984

Cheapest EVDO on BSNL CDMA Prepaid

here we all discuss about evdo with Reliance, TATA and MTS...meanwhile BSNL is giving EVDO on prepaid at Rs.525 per month unlimited with no FUP from past 8 months.

(postpaid is still Rs.750 + s.tax).

BSNL has no marketing for this product.

so i want to ask all techies of this forum to make handsets compatible with bsnl CDMA and also with EVDO and sell it which will make good market

bsnl has good network and good coverage of cdma and maximum coverage of EVDO among other private operators.

iown two EVDO prepaid sim/ruim from BSNL.

One is already having RS750 plan.

Rs750is getting deducted from main balance, so we have to rechage with RS830/month.

Other sim card plan not activated.

Circle maharashtra.

iown two EVDO prepaid sim/ruim from BSNL.

Rs750is getting deducted from main balance, so we have to rechage with RS830/month.

Circle maharashtra.

sorry bro i have this from last 10 months from jan they roll out pramotional offer for cdma topup which gives 50% exta value on recharge above 100 Rs.

from 0 to 500 toupup bsnl deduct service tax but above 500 they give full talk time

so in 525 i get = 525(normal balance)+ 252.50(extra prmotional balance)=777.50 and after deductin 750 we had balance in account so you need only 501 to recharge

MTNL does not have EVDO network in Delhi and Mumbai!

The thread is getting OT.

Avishekh was trying to draw attention of the gurus to the fact that BSNL's cheap unlimited EVDO can potentially be activated on imported good handsets. BSNL's 1X is also omnipresent.

So can this be tapped as a new option in using good CDMA handsets on BSNL network for Data/Voice?

while bsnl's 1x is almost everywhere, its EVDO coverage is very poor compared to other EVDO players ! :(

the BSNL default prepaid EVDO data tariff is 5 paisa per 100 KB from 7 AM-11 PM and 2.5 paisa per 100 KB from 11 PM- 7 AM.

even at default rate as a data plan for normal smartphone use it could be a definite possibility.

and 1x data is better than GPRS any day.

Edited by commonman

I had BSNL EVDO approx. a year back. The speed was verying heavily in different parts of the city. I was getting very less speed. My plan was Rs. 650 unlimited. But then I stopped it and got Reliance Netconnect Broadband+. Which is much much batter.

Though, BSNL evdo is cheap, the speed is the concern.

Well this is the topic i am looking for I want to take BSNL EVDO connection. The tower which supports Evdo is less than 500m from my home.. I think i get good speed at my home.

My issue is if i am on traveling or on remote place where 1X is only available. I want to know the BSNL 1X actual speed. Some times i use my vodafone gprs connection and its just OK to serve my purpose ( online recharge, ticket booking) in case of emergency when my broadband halts.

Some one throw some light on gprs vs 1x speed. Does 1x helps me to check emails, online recharges, online bank transactions, tickets etc.

Thank you

... The tower which supports Evdo is less than 500m from my home.. I think i get good speed at my home.

My issue is if i am on traveling or on remote place where 1X is only available. I want to know the BSNL 1X actual speed. Some times i use my vodafone gprs connection and its just OK to serve my purpose ( online recharge, ticket booking) in case of emergency when my broadband halts.

Some one throw some light on gprs vs 1x speed. Does 1x helps me to check emails, online recharges, online bank transactions, tickets etc.

Thank you

There are plenty of cases where evdo tower's proximity doesnt help in getting any good speed. So dont assume that. You may take a trial by getting some friend's evdo to test at your place.

1x is slightly better than GPRS. You will be able to use 1x for all the purpose that you mentioned. However, at times 1x gets so slow that you cant do anything.

... The tower which supports Evdo is less than 500m from my home.. I think i get good speed at my home.

Thank you

There are plenty of cases where evdo tower's proximity doesnt help in getting any good speed. So dont assume that. You may take a trial by getting some friend's evdo to test at your place.

1x is slightly better than GPRS. You will be able to use 1x for all the purpose that you mentioned. However, at times 1x gets so slow that you cant do anything.

But the thing is none of my friends use evdo, BSNL office in my city does not provide me demo. Rater they are assuring me that with in the city limits the service is very good. Based on your analysis 1x is better when compared to gprs?? then Shall i go for MTS Blaze 999 unlimited 12gb at 3.1 mbps and later on 1x? Frankly we are using 3 MTS prepaid mobile connections and quite satisfied with them compared to Reliance Prepaid services, so i am just edging over MTS rather than reliance net connect+.

Thank you

But the thing is none of my friends use evdo, BSNL office in my city does not provide me demo. Rater they are assuring me that with in the city limits the service is very good. Based on your analysis 1x is better when compared to gprs?? then Shall i go for MTS Blaze 999 unlimited 12gb at 3.1 mbps and later on 1x? Frankly we are using 3 MTS prepaid mobile connections and quite satisfied with them compared to Reliance Prepaid services, so i am just edging over MTS rather than reliance net connect+.

bsnl evdo speed is very good in my area, i always got avg speed of 1.8 mbps and after attaching a cd on my zte usb dongel

which work like antina and boost and stable the signal i got 2 mbps+ speed.

and where you got this cheap evdo 525 unlimited with no fup, so nothing to think go for it if your download is heavy

i made 100 gbs of month download with this evdo connection

i own two EVDO prepaid sim/ruim from BSNL.

Circle maharashtra.

sorry bro i have this from last 10 months from jan they roll out pramotional offer for cdma topup which gives 50% exta value on recharge above 100

from 0 to 500 toupup bsnl deduct service tax but above 500 they give full talk time

so in 525 i get = 525(normal balance)+ 252.50(extra prmotional balance)=777.50 and after deductin 750 we had balance in account so you need only 501 to recharge

yes, its very correct, even u can go for annul pack.

You have made wrong calucation

normal TT

Top up Rs500, give TT of RS 500+ 50(10 % of card value)=550. and you have pay RS 500+ST(10.3%) = 551

in short You pay RS 551 and get TT of Rs 550.

if u make TOP up of RS 700, then pay Rs 772, and TT is 700.

So to get plan of RS 750, normally u top up with RS 685 (approx) , pay RS755/month so that you plan will continue.

THIS only possible when you already have MAIN account validity of 30 or more days

( this will either require yo to go for RS110 or RS221 validity voucher of 6 and 12 month respectively.

PROMO offer

promo offer deatil

This offer was ended on 30th june and then restarted on 11th july.

Full Talk value equal to MRP will be offered on all the Recharge Coupon Vouchers.

50% Extra talk value will be offered on all the Top Ups and Flexi Top Ups.

If Top up of Rs500 is made during this period,

Rs 500 top up, PAY Rs 551 (500+st), TT received is 500+250= 750

in short pay RS 551 and get TT of RS750.

THIS only possible when you already have MAIN account validity of 30 or more days

This can be get by using validity voucher of 110 or 221

During this offer period these two RCV will give FULL TT=MRP

so RCV 221 gives TT of Rs 221 and validity of 365 days.

------------------------------------------------

By using same logic of above

If u go for annul pack, By default BSNL has voucher of Rs 8275, give TT of 9000 and validity of 400 days( 11 month)

But during offer period

Rcv 221--- TT 221 -- validity 365 days

TOP up of rs 5860, gives TT of 8790, PAY rs 6564

So total TT is 9011.

total paid amt 6685,

cost for 1 month appox 558.

This way we can also get annul pack.

So in any term it's chepest EVDO

BUT lacks good speed and coverage

the BSNL default prepaid EVDO data tariff is 5 paisa per 100 KB from 7 AM-11 PM and 2.5 paisa per 100 KB from 11 PM- 7 AM.

even at default rate as a data plan for normal smartphone use it could be a definite possibility.

and 1x data is better than GPRS any day.

tata indicom default rate just 50paise per MB on EVDO/1x handset.

Well this is the topic i am looking for I want to take BSNL EVDO connection. The tower which supports Evdo is less than 500m from my home.. I think i get good speed at my home.

Thank you

nearest tower location from my home is 500m, but speed id never goes above 80KB/s

normal speed of 40KB/s, some time 0.02KB/s.

so dont go for tower location

while bsnl's 1x is almost everywhere, its EVDO coverage is very poor compared to other EVDO players ! :(

BSNL's 1X coverage is the widest. They use it for their WLL service in the rural areas. And EVDO is present in maximum number of cities. The private operators just cannot match BSNL's presence. Private operators offer good services only at few selected big cities. At small cities either their service is dismal or they are not present at all (sans the case of MTS, they are spreading their net quite fast, although they are not present in all circles). BSNL's EVDO is the only respite in most of the places nationwide. This is also the cheapest.

bsnl evdo speed is very good in my area, i always got avg speed of 1.8 mbps and after attaching a cd on my zte usb dongel

The speed at my place is also decent (although not as good as it was at the time of its launch). And for me it is Rs. 250 for unlimited usage in a month. I too crossed 100GB in a month.

BSNL's 1X coverage is the widest. They use it for their WLL service in the rural areas. And EVDO is present in maximum number of cities. The private operators just cannot match BSNL's presence. Private operators offer good services only at few selected big cities. At small cities either their service is dismal or they are not present at all (sans the case of MTS, they are spreading their net quite fast, although they are not present in all circles). BSNL's EVDO is the only respite in most of the places nationwide. This is also the cheapest.

The speed at my place is also decent (although not as good as it was at the time of its launch). And for me it is250 for unlimited usage in a month. I too crossed 100GB in a month.

Rs 250 that is unlimited plan for 1x how come you downloaded 100 GB in a month with 1x

Rs 250 that is unlimited plan for 1x how come you downloaded 100 GB in a month with 1x

No, it is EVDO. I discussed it earlier here in some other thread.

My plan is a special introductory one. I'm lucky.

250 that is unlimited plan for 1x how come you downloaded 100 GB in a month with 1x

No, it is EVDO. I discussed it earlier here in some other thread.

My plan is a special introductory one. I'm lucky.

Oh so lucky guy..So should i go for EVDO? some one said earlier that 1x is better than gprs on any day...

^^^

That's true for 1X against GPRS.

In my area,

(TATA/RELIANCE/MTS 1x) > (GPRS) > (BSNL 1X)

------------------------------

@abhilove

check my calculation for Rs525 unlimited.

so you can surely go for annual plan, as you are getting good speed.

Choose prepaid SIM/RUIM if they refuse to convrt ur postpaid to prepaid.

Edited by me_saket

NEW device from BSNL

manufacurere : EASLINK

available at ebay @ rs 1499

ebay link

how to know whether bsnl evdo s available in your area. I asked nearest customer care centre. They r not knowing.btw, i'm in mayiladuthurai, tamilnadu. Somebody help. I called 1503,1504,1500 etc. From my bsnl mob. But no use.

friends..Please let me know how to recharge BSNL CDMA prepaid mobile online. BSNL website offers only post-paid bill payment option for CDMA. I enquired with BSNL office. But they are clueless as usual. Please help...Thanks in advance...

first register with bsnl website. Then enter your number it will show which recharge we can make. You have to choose one among it and recharge it.

Babulu

NEW device from BSNL

manufacurere : EASLINK

available at ebay @ rs 1499

ebay link

i had used this device today.

review

Built quality 1/5

software UI 2/5

network 2/5

Cost 2/5

Conclusion _ never buy this device, go for MICROMAX 300C, unlocked device