Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
rahulpadron

Cheapest ISD Calling Options

Guys, help me out.

Please suggest the cheapest available prepaid GSM, for calling outside India (in my case, I want to call Thailand). I know some service providers have Global calling cards, don't know which one's giving the best deal.

sos.gif

If you can use computer then Reliance icall is best in terms of call rates... i was using it when i were in japan...only thing s**ks is its software which sometimes doesn't get recharged but recently they renewed the software recently so I think u can give it a try...

Chepest is UNINOR

Try it out,

US Calling is 1p/Sec

I think Rahul wanted to call Thailand so the suggestion of Uninor does not seem valid. The best possible option and the cheapest to call ISD calls would be through the PC.

Dittoo.... If from Delhi /Mumbai go for Trump/Dolphin(MTNL) Prepaid nothing is cheaper than this that too without any tarrif voucher plus u will be getting extra talktime on top-up of rs 225 or higher ......

Mumbai / Delhi MTNL offers US/Canada/UK/Singapore/Thailand/China/Hongkong at Re.1/- per minute. Dial 1300 from MTNL GSM

signthankspin.gif

Thanks guys, I think Uninor isn't available in Delhi.

Uptill now MTNL seems to be the best option. Btw, any comments on Aircel, I think it also has cheap isd available.

signthankspin.gif

Thanks guys, I think Uninor isn't available in Delhi.

Uptill now MTNL seems to be the best option. Btw, any comments on Aircel, I think it also has cheap isd available.

Aircel is having some Rate cutters.... but AFAIK there is no rate cutter for thailand

And even if there will be rate cutter i think MTNL will be cheapest. Bcoz

1- With MTNL u will save ur rate cutter cost.

2- Plus More than full talk time with top-ups

That sounds great, I think I'm going for MTNL.Contento.gif

Go for MTNL

USA , Canada , China , Singapore , Hongkong & Thailand @ Re.1/min

recharge with Rs.1000 topup and get Rs.1100 talktime.

effective rate 83 paise (plus service tax) per minute.

p.s. I am using it for the last 9 months for both USA & Canada without any problem.

Additional advantage:

1. 3G connection free with basis tariff of 1p/10 KB and All India roaming on BSNL network at no extra cost.

2. Cheapest 3G-3G Video Call rates (on supported phones)

2. 52 channel Mobile TV without any data charge @ Rs.99/month (on any phone with browser)

Edited by commonman

Now MTNL Delhi has started giving Independence day offer of FullTT on Rs64 recharge and Rs1947_TT for recharge of Rs1508 (BEST DEAL)...

If you combine this offer with Rs1 charge to US/Canada, you will be getting benefit of about 70p call-charge to those countries... (Rs1508/Rs1947 / 1.103 * Rs1) ---> 1.103 is 10.3%_S.Tax escape by Extra/FullTT offer...

MTNL is really cheap... calling to Thailand.... at the price of a local call...OMG!!!

ASorprendido.gifWSorprendido.gifESorprendido.gifSSorprendido.gifOSorprendido.gifMSorprendido.gifE

Also can some one point me the cheapest available gsm/cdma option to call gulf countries especially Saudi Arab and Dubai in particular. Currently I use fring to make these calls over 3g or wifi at times.

Skype has unlimited plans to any country... I am using it for Japan to india Rs. 1100 per month unlimited....FUP 10000 minutes/month and 6 hrs./day....and if u subscribe for 12 months u will get 15% discount also...

http://www.skype.com/intl/en/prices/pay-monthly-new

Thanks Amit. But mate the listed 40 countries under this plan does not include saudi arab or any gulf countries. Being a malyalee most of my relatives are in these regions :)

^^^

Even PC to PC calling using Skype, Yahoo Messenger, Gtalk like services are also banned in Gulf.

^^^

Even PC to PC calling using Skype, Yahoo Messenger, Gtalk like services are also banned in Gulf.

This is not correct. I do call twice a week to UAE using GTalk. And also receive call from there.

Just compared Idea, Vodafone, Airtel, Aircel, Docomo, Videocon for Gujarat circle.

The cheapest is Videocon. Rs. 27 for monthly subscription to avail 1p/sec tariff for US/Canada/UK (fixed)/Singapore.

For Maharashtra, Uninor is cheapest. Rs 23/month for the same tariff.

^^^

That is not true I call saudi every week using pc to pc skype or yahoo messenger.

I need to call to UK Mobile (+44741) for next few month. What is the cheapest deal I can get ?

Regards,

Manish

^^^

This is not correct. I do call twice a week to UAE using GTalk. And also receive call from there.

They use proxy servers & configure

but as mentioned by Mr. Niraj it is illegal to use in Saudi & Gulf.

• Like 1

Does it have to be you who has to call? Explore the possibility of that person calling you instead - because SIM of lycamobile and lebara offer 1 pence/minute or approximately 80 Paise/minute call rates which is practically unbeatable. If it is you who has to call, check Reliance global calling card and also Skype (use it on your smartphone). Aircel offers 60 Paise/minute call rates on their Rs 100 calling card but that is for UK landlines only.

Please excuse typos and brevity, sent while mobile.

• Like 1

Thaks Dipan.. As mentioned I need to call to UK Mobile. So looking for cheapest calling option to mobile.

Does it have to be you who has to call? Explore the possibility of that person calling you instead - because SIM of lycamobile and lebara offer 1 pence/minute or approximately 80 Paise/minute call rates which is practically unbeatable. If it is you who has to call, check Reliance global calling card and also Skype (use it on your smartphone). Aircel offers 60 Paise/minute call rates on their Rs 100 calling card but that is for UK landlines only.

Please excuse typos and brevity, sent while mobile.