Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Notam

Hidden Menu On Android Phone

Hidden Menu On Android Phone

android+bot.png

Here you will see how to pull up RTN information on your Android phone using a dial code and a create a shortcut to hidden menu!

The dial code will not work for everyone, so you have an another option, create a shortcut. Using a custom launcher, we’ll create a shortcut on the homescreen that will open up any hidden menu on your Android phone.

Whether you’re buying a new phone or getting an existing one swapped out / repaired, you might want to keep an eye out for the casually slipped in refurbished models. Repair shops, wireless carriers, and eBay sellers would love to hand you a refurb in place of a factory-new one. Why? Well, factory-new phones are just that -new- and it costs more money for carriers or stores to swap out broken models with factory-new ones. And, since it’s hard to tell (sometimes) if a phone is a refurb, many will try to “slip one past ya”. Fortunately for you, your a groovyReader and I’m going to share with you a simple technique for sniffing out a Refurbished Android Phone.

Step 1 Tap your Phone app and open up the dialer.

Step 2 Using the touchscreen keypad, Dial ##786#(aka ##RTN#). No need to press dial, the phone should automatically open up to the RTN screen. From here Tap View

1.png

Step 3 Scroll down the RTN screen to Reconditioned status. Here there are only two possible status entries:

Yes – Your phone is a refurbished model.

No – Congratulations, your phone is not a refurbished model. Instead, it is factory new.

Why should I care if my phone was refurbished?

Refurbished or “reconditioned” means your phone was previously used or damaged, and then returned, repaired, and polished up to make it look “like-new.” In most cases this means there is no longer anything wrong with the device, and it should work just like a new one. However, sometimes ‘refurbs’ have issues. The warranty is usually never as good for a refurbished device, if it even has one at all… The build quality might also be lower on a refurb since replacement third-party parts are sometimes used rather than the OEM’s (Original Equipment Manufacturer).

Refurbished devices also have a lower sale value, and this also applies to resale value. If at some point you want to sell your phone on eBay or elsewhere, a refurbished phone won’t garner the same price point as one that is straight from the OEM.

Before buying a phone, or after receiving one you bought online – the first thing you should do is check to see if it is a refurb. If the sale description did not mention that it was a refurb, you can return it and get a full refund or file a fraud claim.

How to Enable Hidden Menus On an Android Phone

Before we get started, you’ll need to make sure you have an app installed that will add the “activities” option to your shortcut creator.

Requirements:

- An Android phone. (I’ve only tested this on version 2.1 and higher)

- A custom homescreen launcher, Launcher Pro is suggested.(it’s free!)

- ADW Launcher and others also work, but the steps below are shown using Launcher Pro.

Step 1 Go to your homescreen (using a custom launcher) and Long-Press on an empty spot.

The “Add to Home screen” menu should appear; Tap Shortcuts.

2.png

This also works with ADW launcher, but the process is changed to Custom Shortcut > Pick your activity > Activities

Step 2 From the next menu, Select Activities.* Now you should be at a black screen with a list of phone activities. Slide-down to whatever activity you can find with “hiddenmenu” in the name. (e.g. on my Samsung Galaxy S Epic 4G it was called com.android.hiddenmenu.)

3.png

Tap the hiddenmenu entry and then below you’ll see a list of all hidden menus on your phone. From here you can access any one of them

Note: This may be called something else if you are using a launcher other than Launcher Pro.

Step 3 . Now you have a shortcut to one of your hidden menus on your homescreen, and you can keep adding them to your hearts content. We first chose the RTN hidden menu because several people may wonder how to access it on phones that don’t support the # codes!

4.png

Edited by Notam
  • Like 5

+1 Very nice info, apart from RTN, Data & other options are also good.

It provides DUN On/Off tab, which is missing in my Fascinate Froyo Rom.

In Fact under the com.android.hiddenmenu, there is an option to enable / disable the hidden menu.

For my Fascinate on EB01, this was disabled, I enabled it and now ## codes are working fine, including the ##786#, ##3282#

Edited by tarun_kabra

BeCare full while using RTN menu, DO NOT Press RESET in RTN menu, You may loose your programing, MIN will go , you need to reconfigure your mobile.

this RTN menu is only for advance users only

We have been using RTN since HTC Mogul days... Newbies should be careful while playing with ## codes.

^^^

WE = ?

^

ab kitne naam lu? list is long...

^^^

As far as i know All those [WE] are advance users !! GirandoOjos.gif

Edited by ::Hitesh::

Here are some more hidden menus. I've used a few of them on my Fascinate and found really helpful for changing some basic settings. My phone is not a rooted one. Rooting is not essential for using these codes.

I shouldn't have to say it, but I will..

I nor this forum or the op is not responsible if you brick your phone.

Play with these things at your own risk.

Even if I said it's been tested by me and confirmed to work.

It's not my fault if your phone takes a crap on you.

Make a backup of your phone.

To enable Hidden menu, do the following:

Go into the Dialer and enter *#83786633 then press the Home key

Go back into the phone dialer and enter *#22745927

Now a box will come up asking for the SPC code. Enter 000000

Press the Hidden menu Enable radio button.

Now these codes can be used.

Audio Tuning

*#28346#

Several audio tuning menus.

I've only tested the two items below:

To silence boot and shutdown audio go to Situation/BOOTSOUND and turn the values to 0. I've tested and confirmed this works.

To silence the volume key audio when turning the volume up/down go to Situation/VOLUMEKEY and turn the values to 0. I've tested and confirmed this works.

Full Bat Popup

*#3844228#

This allows you to disable the full battery pop-up.

I have tested this and it works successfully.

HwCodec

*#0002*28346#

Audio path volume controls. Most importantly, it looks like there's a sidetone adjustment.

I have not tested any of these items yet.

Shutdown

*#7594#

This enables you to shut your phone off by long-pressing the power/lock key.

No more pop-up confirmation.

I have tested this and it works successfully.

I also need to point out that this disables your slide lock screen.

Diag/Testing Mode

*#4636*1111#

GPSSetup menu

*#1472365#

The settings are set to the "fixed" values by default.

You can go into Command and then start GPS and force a satellite lock.

There's other cool info there too.

*#7594#

If your enable this, it appears to not only shutdown your phone with a long press of the power key, but it also disables your lock screen (puzzle/glass screen). I found the puzzle to unlock very annoying, so I disabled it. My phone screen opens without any lock.

Enter GPS debug/settings application by typing *#1472365#

click "Setup" tab

click "position mode"

Click "starting mode

Enable "Cold Start"

Back out.

Very useful tests for the GPS!!!

Setup/Position Mode/ Operation Mode: (Standalone/MSAssisted/MSBased) Starting Mode: (Cold Start/Warm Start/Hot Start) Session Type: (Single Fix/Navigation) Setup/Command allows you to test the GPS and look at the results

*#INFO*1111# - Testing

Phone information/Battery information/Battery history/Usage statistics

Very useful diagnostics

*#0*# - LCD TEST

red/green/blue/melody/vibration/dimming/megacam/Sensor/touch/sleepmode/LED/RECEIVER

Very useful tests for the LCD

*#DATA*727336*# - DataCreate

Call log/System Space/User Space/Phone Book/Schedule/Message/Ring tone/Screen/IMEI/ESN/Error log

Very useful information!!!

*#0228# - BatteryStatus

Very useful real-time battery statistics! It shows the temperature also.

##UPST# - PhoneUtil - UART/USB

Universal Asychronous Receiver/Transmitter / Universal Serial Bus

Most likely controls how you connect technician testing equipment to test out the UART/USB subsystems

##DATA# - Data Programming - (Verizon phones will prompt for SPC, enter 000000)

User Name/Advanced/Restore/Enable HFA/DSA Server/MMSC/URL/Multimedia/WorkMode/WiMAX

##DEBUG# - Debug Menu - (Verizon customers: whenever prompted for SPC enter 000000)

Debug Screen/Test Calls/RC Data/HDR/1X Selection/Voice Privacy/DTMF Set/Korea Mode Set

##AKEY# - Data A key menu - (Verizon phones will prompt for SPC, enter 000000)

##<MSL># - (Verizon phones will prompt for SPC, enter 000000)

Program your Mobile Device Number(MDN) and Mobile Station ID(MSID)

##GPSCLRX# - Reset the GPS - (Verizon phones will prompt for SPC, enter 000000)

##SCRTN# - Changes DSA back to Factory - (Verizon phones will prompt for SPC, enter 000000)

##TTY# - TTY TestMode

*#0842# - Device Test - Vibration Test

*#0673# - MelodyTest

*#7780# - Factory data reset

*#232331# - BluetoothTest

*#2664# - Touchscreen Accuracy Test

Nice if you want to see how accurate your touchscreen is

*#0283# - ServiceMode - PACKET LOOPBACK

Need to hit home to get out - I couldn't get this to do anything but it could be the data packet that you sent coming back to you on the loopback device

*#767*3855# - Factory Format - WARNING!!!

It will lead you to a position where you will be required to reactivate your phone.

*#0011# - ServiceMode - Force Closes - Menu key to bring up menu

Will turn on your radio, and then reboot

*#32489# - ServiceMode - Force Closes - Menu key to bring up menu

Doesn't seem to affect the radio

*#0782# - RTCTimeRead - Displays Date and Time

*#745# - Sec_RIL_Dump - Has the LogFileList

Copy to phone memory/Copy to SD card(grayed out)/View Ril Log(grayed out)/Clear Ril Log/Exit

Probably dumps the logs for the Radio Interface Layer (RIL) between the Operating System and the phone's radio and modem

I haven't tested a dump.

*#9900# - SysDump

copy logcat/dumpstate/dumpsys/enable debug log/copy/watchdogdumpstatelog

Probably dumps the logs for the Operating System kernel

I haven't tested a dump.

Open the dialer then press

SPC code 000000

The bottom of the screen will have buttons that are directional like a d-pad.

Press down until you see:

SVC Mode NAM1

End of BASIC NAM

Exit

Press right once you will see EXIT change to MORE

Hit enter

Press Down once and you will See

HomePage VoiceSO

EVRC

Push right button to change to EVRC-B

Hit OK Phone will reboot.

• Like 4

@sougatadc

Fantastic detailed post with actual usage info. clap.gif Thanks. +1

Request to put the same in "FASCINATE Topic" also..

Sougata da good post +, it seems you have explored Fascinate to detail, thanks for the info.

Excellent & interesting, I have searched on internet to check whether there is any away to know whether the phone is refurbished or not. But can we(buyers) be still be cheated by sellers by changing the status of refurbished status & sell it to us?, is that possible to do that(changing the refurbished status) by any means? or is this a tamper proof & reliable option to check if the phone is refurbished or not.

As we all know operators cap the bandwidth for 2G and 3G users, to save their network from overload. With Huawei modems and MDMA we can see the 'Negotiated QoS'.

Is there any app on Android to check this out ?

Try this *#*#4636#*#*

this menu is for gsm android (i think). It gives all info like usage statistics,battery info etc.

Sent from my HTC Vision using Tapatalk

*###*4636*#*# works on Nand Roms and SD ports. Most GSM Android phones don't have 'only 3G network' option. Phone keeps switching networks. This menu enables 3G only option. It also has ping test and network details.

Sent from my HTC HD2 using Tapatalk