vb86

Nokia 6225 Review!

features:

Integrated VGA Camera with night mode, self timer and photo caller id

4096 color display

InfraRed Connectivity for synchronise data with Laptop

Integrated FM Radio

Speaker Phone

CC does not have any idea about the cost of the phone but say that it will be out soon.

features:

Integrated VGA Camera with night mode, self timer and photo caller id

4096 color display

InfraRed Connectivity for synchronise data with Laptop

Integrated FM Radio

Speaker Phone

21216[/snapback]

Wht cud be the price??

I doubt if now any1 wud not go for RIM for lack of handsets! This one is amazing! Hope the price matches the GSM Counterpart!

what i want to know is, will these nokia phones have r world, and if not, how will we visit regular wap sites.. will activation with reliance automatically add the required settings for the browser?

In handset experience, the 6225 doesnt seem to have either r world or services(as seen in gsm nokias to browse websites). So where do we go to browse websites?

also what is 'network' in the 6225 menu for? ;)

Edited by vb86

r-world is the best feature without which reliance handset cant say.. mujh me hai woh baat

http://www.phonescoop.com/phones/user_revi...p?phone=381&s=n

http://reviews.cnet.com/Nokia_6225/4505-6454_7-30860979.html

here are some reviews...

cons:

battery life

no PC connectivity... only IR connectivity to PC

Head set wasnt included... no idea about now

pros:

good camera

good price (in US was proced at 50$)

(src: http://www.mobilepcmag.com/reviews/2004_11/Nokia6225.html)

and last but not the least --- NOKIA :D

CAD

I saw the dummy at web world yesterday. The person said it was for 10000. It looked good much like nokia 6610

I just came bk from the WW. There was a person from nokia showing all the features though they didn't show working models.

He told me it was for rs.9200-9800.. dont remeber exact figure..

This handset is better than Nokia 3205. LG 6130 is better and cheaper than both as it supports all R world features.

Alok

Edited by Alok

Wait for some more time as samsung gonna launch PDA and MP phones in very near future. well waiting for nokia 6255 is worth anything trust me.

i dont think u can get rworld for 6225 but you can use the wap 2.0 browser to view wap sites. Why dont you write a review on the phone.

I talked to the people at nokia and they said tit might be available in future. when i asked them when, they had no answers. that is why i opted for 7230 and not 6225

Tanveer its good to know that "tits" will be available from Nokia in the near future! :help:

But cummon what a crappy phone. Howmuch does it cost??? At least 8-9K minimum. Its got an ancient crappy 4k display.... lousy 16 polyphony and NO JAVA support!!!! let alone brew etc. Have you tried it with the data cable -- of alll you know it wont support more than 56kbps!!!!

Hey guys ...

My first post here ... joined today looking for some info about the way Reliance is supporting the 6225 ... I just bought this shiny new great model (in my opinion) a couple of weeks back for 9K, and although at the time itself the dealer had told me that it doesn't come with RWorld, I didn't know that Reliance has made such a complete mess of the functionality and power given by this new model ...

First off, the 6225 (in my view) is clearly the best phone among all of Reliance's offerings in the sub-10K range ... unlike some other erroneous postings on this site, it is very much Java-enabled, and also has a camera, FM radio and looks pretty sleek too. I use it regularly and heavily for accessing the internet using RConnect (like right now) and enjoy good speeds (100 kbps+) and reliability. And finally, being a Nokia adds even more to the charm.

But what I was not prepared for was the extremely amateurish and poor way Reliance has supported this phone ... the manual proves that the phone comes *loaded* with functionality and power, all of which is totally laid to waste by the lack of good programming and service support for this phone by Reliance.

1. The phone comes with the provision of sending photo and audio MMS, but (for some reason, perhaps lack of programming knowledge or software or sheer frustrating negligence and sillyness) Reliance has disable Multimedia messages. Now who the hell would ever buy a camera phone if not for clicking-and-sending photo messages??? But although the phone supports it, Reliance has disabled MMSing because of which the camera functionality is laid to waste.

2. Java - The phone is Java-enabled, but again, Reliance (for some reason known only to them!) has disabled downloading new applications / games to this phone which means it's high memory and power is again laid to waste!

3. No RWorld - I see no good technical reason why RWorld cannot be loaded onto this handset. 6225 is very much Java-enabled. That fellow at the nearby WebWorld said that because the phone comes with FM Radio (like all other handsets with radio) Reliance has not installed RWorld on it. What a flimsy excuse for a clear blunder! BTW, as it turns out, the fact that Reliance hasn't loaded RWorld on the phone (why, oh WHY???) is also the reason why the handset can't be used to send MMS (again, the handset itself is technologically capable of it, but Reliance has disabled this feature!)

4. WAP browser - finally, this great feature is another functionality that the handset supports but Reliance has disabled it too.

In hindsight, the phone is definitely not worth 9K ... it is (as I mentioned earlier) definitely the best offering in the sub-10K segment, but the way Reliance has disabled it's features and functionalities one after another (I really wonder why!), it has been rendered totally impotent and useless in my view.

Satyam I agree with you to certain extent. Some time it seems Nokia is sabotaging its image by tie up with reliance. Infact reliance needs nokia to sell handsets as nokias are technologically best handsets. May be stereo type looks. I am trying to programme hand set for MMS, WAP browser etc but I am still unable to get necessary configuration details.

Technically this is the best handset. If you see context menus of nokia and ease of use, one definately realize how poor koreans are in designing software.

Satyam,

IS there a provision of transferring photo from 6225 to PC using data cable or IR? Thanks-

First off, the 6225 (in my view) is clearly the best phone among all of Reliance's offerings in the sub-10K range ...

With 4000 odd colors and a bad camera - still the best phone???!!!

LG phones have 262,000 color LCD screen. What you get instead is FM radio and IR. Hope that compensates for the pathetic lcd and camera.

4k colors are far inferior than LG, but when it comes to stability, usability and convinience nokia is the best. I used samsung 191, LG 2030, 7230, Gtran from reliance and Siemens C35, Trium Geo and Cosmo, Sony J28 (i think, forgot number) Motorola C350 in GSM. I belive European handsets are very user frndly, then comes Japanese and last is korean. Radio is not very useful, indeed.

LG phones are not very stable and are very delicate. I give you one example, in my 7230, when using R world, if you exit by closing flap, than caller gets engage tone and no calls are received. I have to reboot. Then number format issues, word wrap issues, you can not add number from received call log to existing phone book entry, device driver problems and all are still not solved by LG. 7230 was introduced atleast 2 years before.

Even if you look at the language they use in PCSYNC, it is absolutely pathatic.

One worst feature amongst all LG and Samsung hand set is, that it does not have beep ring feature. Either you have to put phone in vibrator or switch off ringer.

I am not nokia fan or any brand fan, but cell phone needs certain feature, where ever you live, India or europe. Its not just about ring tones and displays or looks.

Good to see the interest! :help:

Well, I am an avowed Nokia fan alright - but this brand loyalty hasn't come for nothing. As kshah's rightly mentioned (I too have had some experience with LG's 6000), LG phones are definitely a pain to use ... but then, I did mention in the last para that at 9000 bucks the 6225 was definitely not worth it - no, the FM radio *definitely* does not make up for the way it has been stripped of its features ... though I do agree that it was puzzling why inspite of being introduced just last year Nokia did not put a 256K LCD on the 6225 ... :'(

But the IR is a great feature IMO ... no more any need to "dictate" any number from your contact list to others ... you can just send it across as a business card through IR ... not to mention that it makes connecting and transferring with a PC quite convenient too ... (Yes, sas, you _can_ use the IR / DKU-5 to connect to a PC and transfer stuff / use as a modem) ...

Though IR's biggest drawback is that it needs line-of-sight connectivity - you need to align the IR port on your mobile with that of the other guy's mobile or the PC to connect and transfer ... perhaps that's why Nokia's latest CDMA offering, the 6255, which is Bluetooth enabled, would be such a hot phone in my view ... (let's just hope Reliance doesn't render it impotent too!!!) ... Bluetooth is the ultimate cable-eliminating wireless short-range mobile-to-PC connectivity solution in my view ... wonder if there are any plans in the pipeline to introduce it in the Indian market - I did see some 6255-related posts here, but I'm skeptical whether 6255s not programmed by Reliance would ever work with their network (unless someone cracks their codes)!

Cheers,

S

satyamsharma, can you write to the Chariman's Office email regarding this and when they expect to enable the features that are deactivated now ? Most of the functions that you mentioned could start to work once they develop the required stuff. Anyway, its a bad practise by Reliance to launch handsets without full functionality and users the consumers to test the new handsets !

not to mention 6255 is 65k only as well. wonder why nokia acts so stubbirn sometimes?

It seems reliance is too sure about their might. They have technology but like typical Indian psyche, they want every thing in their control, including access to information as well as technology. Though R world is good innovation, I dont think reliance has ability to satisfy customers in terms of content.

Ideally if customer has free access to even inferior stuff will be more satisfying.

Technically Nokia handsets are very user freindly as well as loaded. But in India most of its feature are wasted.

Also CDMA technology being American it is highly secretive technology, just like any American technology, which looks good on paper but control is in hand of masters not the user, where as GSM being european technology it is pretty open ended and user friendly. Therefore CDMA is appropriate technology for reliance too. This is evident from the fact that though RUIM technology is more than 5 years old, most CDMA operators are reluctant to adopt it. In US it may have problem due to legislation not elsewhere, where GSM is already used.