Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
onyxgaze

Lg2130 & Rconnect Driver For Mac Osx?

The modem driver for LG RD 2030 is available on Relianceinfo.com (Go to Reliance India Mobile -> RConnect -> RIM Data Cables -> Macintosh). But no cable-vendor provides the driver for Mac. All they know is Windows!! Where will you get the Mac driver for your cable ?

Edited by manivannan

Correction!! What you download from RelianceInfo site includes the driver for FTDI chip based USB cable - for Mac OS X versions 10.1.2 - 10.2.5. (But what about other cables... like Prolific-based ones ?)

If you have an FTDI chip based cable you are lucky. If you have not already bought the cable buy an FTDI chip based one. Better buy it from Reliance itself. The location I have mentioned in my previous post also provides a very brief Installation Guide.

After many problems with the LG2030 and Reliance supplied driver I went to my local authorised Apple Mac dealer who checked everything and could not get it to work on my computer (OS 10.3) They tried changing cables, phones and machines and concluded this computer does not in fact work with current Mac operating systems. WHY then is Reliance claiming it does... and then when you try and call *333 they say they can't help you because they do not support Macs!

Reliance should be only recommending phones that work with current operating systems or at least being specific about which older systems these phones work on. NOT IMPRESSIVE. I'm now using Sumsun N191 and still having some problems like frequent disconnection.

As a Platinum customer I feel the service I am getting is extremely rusty.

Hi there... actually after MUCH investigation I actually now have it working with Mac OS 3.6.

Although I'd have to ask the question of why Reliance would be overtly offering services for such an outdated OS and not keeping up with the times!

But boy its not fast is it????!

May decent speeds be available to Indian people at a decent prices in the near future.

Till then... good luck to you all.

Well i also acquired an apple iBook and have a Nokia 2112 and want to go web surfing using RConnect. from what i have understood the following have to work,

1) Need to connect the Phone (Nokia 2112 or any other phone) using a data cable in the USB port. Now mac OS X should recognize this data cable /phone combo as a usb communication device.

2) There seems to be no driver for DKU 5 data cable that is compatible with nokia 2112.

I checked the installation CD from nokia and there is no OS X support.

Few mac sites report that DKU 5 works with prolific drivers and they distribute this driver also.

so driver driver and driver for communication cable is what is missing and you have to locate that for your phone model ...............

what Reliance is providing on their web site is a USB driver patch for motorola phones by John chang [ http://homepage.mac.com/jrc/contrib/mobile_office/] and i dont think it has anything to do with Phone Models they "list" as supoorted.

3) Once the Phone is recognised via USB, you need a dialer script for phone modem. This part seems ok, as you can use a generic script like au CDMA like reliance say!

I am glad that there are few other souls trying to make it work with Mac :confuse: ) Please keep posting the progreeses you make,

I haven't tried ut using R-connect ona Mac but made an informed guess posting that apparently worked for a Mac user...here goes

For LG phones: LG

- If you have a LG with a third party USB cable, in all probability it is using a profilic chipset (or FTDI otherwise)

- Download the PL2303 USB-serial chipset driver for Mac OS from profilic.com.tw

- Install th driver and pray that ur cable gets recognized :-)

- If the cable gets recognized as a USB-serial converter, ur job is almost done

- Use the native DUN dialler ...Use #777 as the dial number

- Enter UID, PW and choose the correct port (the virtual com port created by the cable)

Try connecting....Should work

hey there...

yes.. R-Connect does work on a mac... and the LG 2130

I am a mac user and had posted a problem regarding getting my cable to work...

thanks to abhi's advice.. i got it working... but for some odd reason my authentication on my phone seems to be failing...

will keep u posted in case i figure it out.

and if u do get connected.. please tell me how u got it to connect...

all the best.

ok, here it is. i am putting an update after a long long time. so again the issues are

* Getting your data cable recognized (and for that you need a mac os x driver)

* Then on that cable connect your phone and using the phone as a modem

+ I first tried making it with nokia 2112 , but no DKU 5 cable in market that has mac OS X drivers. (offcial nokia cables dont support mac) , so i wanted to try another angle.

+ i also have a FWT. i purchased a cable from indCables. idea was that this cable is based on prolific chip and they supply mac os x drivers. But again the cable itself turned out to be faulty and indCables is not replacing it. all the time they will send u mails saying first restart and then plug, so anyway i am *sick* of indCables.

+ one idea could be to locate FTDI/BAFO cables that come with mac OS X drivers. i went to SP road in bangalore but looks it getting something branded is not anybody is doing here.

+ next thing is to change the phone itself. Get an LG RD 2130 or something and then i can get standard cables (FTDI based) and mac os x drivers.

+ or get a normal phone line

+ or install linux ppc on this iBook.

+ Also, is anyone using this mac os modem script generator program ? ? I have mac os x panther and the executable format is not recgnised.

ok, Time for another update.

1) indCables replaced my faulty cable. Now my cable is recognise as USB-Serial under mac os x and i can dial my phone.

2) The modem script generator program is also fine (Actually i was expanding the stuff-it archive on my windoze pc at work and carrying it back to my home to run on mac os x , so that was the problem, please dont hang me for that ;o)

Now, the issue is to get the correct Modem script. I have used the information supplied in one of the rimWEB posts to generate a modem script with init string AT+CRM=1:LGPKT=3 but it is not working. so no end of my worries as yet.

But it is down to getting the correct modem script now!

will post next update .....

Folks,

I am trying to connect my mac os x with LG LSP340E cdma phone to use R Connect. My current issue is to get a modem script that works with this phone's modem.

People have suggested trying AT+CRM=1:LGPKT=3 init string for this phone's modem. But when i use a modem script with this init string i am not able to dial my phone at all.

When i use in built modem script [ au CDMA bluetooth adapter] i am able to dial my phone, but then i get a message "DATA SERVICE UNAVAILABLE"

Q) So, the question is how to get the correct AT strings + settings for this modem ?

Can any of you help me with this ? Like if you have a dialer working on windows/Linux machine , can you please take a look at your modem script ? Any modem gurus out there ................................

tia : Rajeev (jha.rajeev@gmail)

Hi

When you install R Connect dialler or Tata Indicomm's dialler, where does it put the modem scripts under ms windows ?? How do you identify what modem script is being used by your Rconnect Dialler ?

Thanks

Rajeev

I have just purchased an LG2030 and have the problem that my mac running OSX 10.3 won't recognise the cable or phone. the cable and phone was tested by the guys at reliance and appears to work with a PC. any clues?

I have just purchased an LG2030 and have the problem that my mac running OSX 10.3 won't recognise the cable or phone. the cable and phone was tested by the guys at reliance and appears to work with a PC. any clues?

32067[/snapback]

which port ur using to connect r connect? usb or serial?

mac only has usb so using that. nothing happens when i plug in the phone data cable. the OS should detect the new usb device when this is done. I have followed the instructions given by reliance on thier OSX datasheet.

32067[/snapback]

Yes, you can connect RD2030 to os X. First you need to buy a data cable (either you can opt for a local cable or from reliance). Download the FTDI or PL2303 driver based on the chip which is there in the cable (you can find out once if you connect to usb and go to System Profiler) Before installing the driver note down the Vendor ID and Product serial Number of the data cable from the System profiler. You need to modify the installer. Control click the installer package and select show package contents. Then open *.pax file and if you go through it there will be some other Vendor ID and Product serial, replace with your cables data. Then install the package. Restart the system, connect usb data cable to phone and to system. Open network preferences rest is as simple as connecting to any other modem. (PDF file is available on Reliance website)

:)

32067[/snapback]

Hi,

I too have RD2030 and working on Tiger (10.4). If you are using FDTI Cable it should work easily. If you have purchased Local Cable its bit tough, but works.

If you are in Bangalore I can help you out to install otherwise send me the details of the cable I will send you the driver for it.

(Get the information of the USB Cable in Apple System Profiler under USB tab)

:D Hello Guys

Thanks for that piece of information - have been trying to get some such directive from Reliance itself but you would be most interested to know that most of the guys i have spoken to have at least once said "But the OS you are running on MAC is Windows no?"

So, thanks.

BUT here is my question - Does the Driver work under TIGER which is Mac OS 10.4 onwards ?

I knew that on Mac OS 10.3xxx (JAGUAR) the LG RD 2030 worked - but that model is no longer available.

So, would you know if this 2130 driver works on the Mac OS TIGER ?

Thanks

Hi,

I too have RD2030 and working on Tiger (10.4). If you are using FDTI Cable it should work easily.(Get the information of the USB Cable in Apple System Profiler under USB tab)

:clap: Hi - thanks for that information. I wonder if you could confirm a few things please :

a) would the driver for the 2030 be the same as the current models available ? ie 2130 and 2330 etc ?

:D could you confirm which make of cable you are using "FDTI" - is that a brand ? Where is it available ?

What would the installation process be ? Does the installation have to be complete and then the phone connected to the Mac or how else ? Also I am able only to source the 2130 and 2330 etc but not the 2030 - would this still be valid information ?

thanks

Hi there, I just received an Email from FTDI, they provided me a new version of the Driver which works ok under Tiger (for data cables for LG mobiles), I installed the version 1.1.0 from their website but that caused a kernel panic, they Emailed me the version 1.1.2 which solved that problem. If anybody is experiencing problems with Kernel Panic, or crashing try that updated driver, it will work. Contact me and I will mail it to you

Regards,

Gaura

a> would the driver for the 2030 be the same as the current models available ? ie 2130 and 2330 etc ?

b> could you confirm which make of cable you are using "FDTI" - is that a brand ? Where is it available ?

What would the installation process be ?  Does the installation have to be complete and then the phone connected to the Mac or how else ?  Also I am able only to source the 2130 and 2330 etc but not the 2030 - would this still be valid information ?

36017[/snapback]

Hello and thanks for your reply.

The problem is that the 2030 is not available with Reliance anymore. They only have the 2130 and some other 2 series LG - the 2030 is stopped.

Under this circumstance is the cable driver going to work with this other phone ?

Any views ?

cheers

GiZmo

a number of CDMA phones are supported by Macs. A lot of Kyocera ones as well.

most of teh time, the au Sony CDMA modem driver works. Else you will have to get a little trial and error method.

also dial Reliance Customer Care at *399 or something like that and ask them to activate your phone as a modem. the number is perpetually busy so I tried at 5am and got through. That should solve your PAP Authentication Failure error.

the RD5130 is a good phone to connect through USB.

he guys,

i have a rd2130 and am trying to setup r connect with my Mac book pro.

the driver i got from ftdi does not work, when i tryed changing the vendor id there were like 200 places,

in the pax file where all do i need to change the vendor id

thanks