Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
vikasmahajanz

Happy Friendship Day

Happy Friendship Day To All My Friends...GOD BLESS YOU ALL

happy-friendship-day.gif

friendship-day-scraps-11.jpg

Animated%2Bfriendship%2Bday%2Bgreeting%2Bcards%2BDownload%2Bfree%2Bgreetings%2Be%2Bcard%2Borkut%2Bimages%2Bpic%2Bscraps%2Bship.gif

History

Friendship Day was originally promoted by Joyce Hall, the founder of Hallmark cards in 1919, and intended on first sunday of august to be a day where people celebrated their friendships by sending cards. The first Sunday in August was chosen as the centre of the largest lull in holiday celebrations. Friendship Day was promoted by the greetings card National Association during the 1920s but met with consumer resistance - given that it was rather too obviously a commercial gimmick to promote greetings cards. By the 1940s the number of Friendship Day cards available in the US had dwindled and the holiday largely died out there. There is no evidence to date for its uptake in Europe, however it has been kept alive and revitalised in Asia where several countries adopted the tradition of dedicating a day to friends. Today, Friendship Day is enthusiastically celebrated in a number of countries across the world.[/url]

In honor of Friendship Day in 1998, Nane Annan, wife of , named as the world's Ambassador of Friendship at the United Nations. The event was co-sponsored by the U.N. Department of Public Information and , and was co-hosted by .

Many friends acknowledge each other with exchange of gifts and cards on this day. Friendship bands are very popular in India, Nepal, Bangladesh and parts of South America.With the advent of sites, friendship day is also being celebrated online.The commercialization of the Friendship Day celebrations has led to some dismissing it as a "marketing gimmick".But Nowadays it is celebrated on First Sunday Of August, Dropping the 30th July Celebration.

*source Wikipedia

Regards

Vikas Mahajan

And I was under the impression that Friendship Day falls on July 30! (last week) :)

happy friendship day to all rimweberian

Happy Friendships day to all

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk

happy friendship day to all... :)

sent from my AnDRoid6300 using tapatalk...

A Lover says, 'I will be with you in all your troubles'. But a Good Friend says, 'You will have no trouble when I am with you!'

Happy friendship day to all

wishing everyone a very happy friendship day.

Happy Friendship Day to fellow rimweb members ...

Happy Friendship Day to all Rimwebians!!!!

:SI::SI::SI:

Wishing a very happy friendship day to all rimwebians!!!!

this forum has been true friends to all the people like us providing latest info and instruments

jasmin shah