Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Jasmin Shah

Please suggest between Samsung Fascinate or HTC EVO or Nexus S

Dear gurus

i am planning to replace my 755p (bought from sadikkbhai around 2-3 yrs back) with one of the newer ones pl advice about which is better or advantages & disadvantages of above models

my budget is from 13k to 17k

my primary requirement is email/group sms / large storage of tel no & sms / lots of applications for business productivity

i am confused between samsung fascinate / htc evo (whats diff bet 4g & 3d) & nexus S also looks to have similar hardware

i am very used to physical keyboard of palm 755 so will the touchscreen keyboards be as comfortble i read somewhere that samsung epic has some limitations & reduction in UI software due to physical keyboard how does that effect the usage of phone or epic will be as good as others in the short list

its very difficult to understand the diff by reading individual review

if you guys have any other suggestions pl mension

pl help me make a choice

jasmin shah

jpshah2908@gmail.com

I will suggest the following available handset options on the forum..

1. If you're used to physical QWERT keyboard, go for Samsung EPIC. There is no UI limitation in that. Hetal Patel has one Mint Epic as he has mentioned here >> http://www.rimweb.in...post__p__238640

2. You will take some time to get used to a touchscreen only handset but it's not an issue at all. With the help of SWYPE and good capacitive touchscreen, it's very comfortable to use and faster. Other advantage will be a light weight, thinner, pocketable handset. The only drawback will be, touchscreen response will not be good when your fingers are wet or sweaty.

If you want to buy a touchscreen only handset, go for Samsung Nexus S available with Sadikkbhai at Rs 12,999 here >> http://www.rimweb.in...post__p__238211

This is a pure google handset which will always receive all updates first.

Fascinate is also a good choice instead of Nexus S if you want Super AMOLED Gorilla Glass Screen + Micro SD Card Storage Capacity and Samsung Touchwiz Interface. Rest of the things are more or less similar between them.

Edited by rajanmehta

For people with QWERTY preference like me, EPIC is the only best handset in CDMA.

EPIC and FACINATE has best displays (AMOLED). They have best GPU so for game lovers its better than 1.2 GHZ single core handsets. HUMMING BIRD CPU's are better than QUALCOMM SNAPDRAGON CPU's

New dual core CPU's are certainly faster than EPIC or fascinate.

Last statement, I still not able to find replacement for EPIC. Using it since almost a year. Longest used handset. :Equivocado:

thanxs a lot guys

now have somewhat clearer picture

jasmin

Well the Fascinate and Nexus both are equal I would say as far as comparison goes. The only advantage that I see as far as the Fascinate is concerned is the availability of external storage whereas the Nexus is restricted to 16GB of internal storage. But the Nexus has a secondary camera which can be used for Video calling which the Fascinate lasts. The Nexus also comes pre-loaded with the Gingerbread version of Android. All said and done, go ahead and choose one that is most comfortable and enjoy it completely!

Nexus is not a noob phone as it misses *228 function

Which may setback many buyers

Sent from my Thunderbolt

dear all

what are the options for email on fascinate or nexus or htc evo 4g

can i get gmail only or any other own domain mails also on one of these unlocked phones

most of the times i will be using wifi in office need to check mails only couple of times in a day max

jasmin shah

You can use other email accounts in addition to gmail.

• Like 1

am using yahoo, hotmail and one official email accounts along with three gmail accounts on my htc droid incredible :)

• Like 1

thanxs all for the confirmation

will normal netconnect plan of 99 or 199 work for email usage?

jasmin shah

:previous:

yes.. netconnect plans will work for email, internet surfing & download...

but keep a check on usage by downloading a data counter application.. ;)

Edited by amit.shah

thanxs all for the confirmation

will normal netconnect plan of 99 or 199 work for email usage?

jasmin shah

Even without Plan u can get Email on this Handset over wifi

Edited by parin

great help guys

this forum is just fantastic

jasmin shah

few more queries

can my no be activated on fascinate using hcc card or *228 if yes

how do i remove my no from palm 755p (i think its programmed/fed in the parameters in palm) or it will automatically stop from 755p with hcc card

jasmin