Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
dkaile

Samsung Galaxy S II

Just purchased a Samsung Galaxy SII for a family member @28.5K and it is right now in my hand-

post-18748-0-36429900-1312721342_thumb.j

Initial Observations -

Really liked it's screen and lightness though the build quality is a little plasticky. I felt the Evo3D to feel more solid in hand. However the US versions of Galaxy S like my previous Galaxy Epic 4G seemed better built. The screen quality was just mind blowing and better than my current HTC Evo 3D and the phone was also lighter than Evo 3D. The quadrant scores were also quite higher than Evo 3D. Just got to know that Samsung Galaxy S III is around the corner and to be launched in 2 months time (as per info recd from my distributor friend, though he didnt have any specs). Maybe he might be confusing with the LCD version of the same which is already launched, not sure.

The interface was very zippy but I'm not a fan of the Samsung Touch Wiz at all. Anyways that can be changed anytime to many options available. The camera was also very sharp and precise. Sound output was higher than my Evo3D. It however lacked the notification light (which I find very useful) of my HTC.

Compared to my HTC Evo 3D-

post-18748-0-63301200-1312721351_thumb.j

Overall, I feel it is one of the best smartphones in the world at this time in the world but there are equivalent contenders like the Evo 3D which have something extra than this.

Edited by dkaile
  • Like 2

So Dkaile gets his hands on "Kareena" and his mind momentarily faltered off "Silk Smitha" bhabi :P

The Smartphone NIRVANA Equation = Samsung Hardware + HTC Software + Apple Marketing/Branding + Indian Price... Will Never Come To A Store Near You..

I played around for a few hours with s2 a couple of weeks ago. I agree with most of the points mentioned by Dhiraj but I thought the colors were a bit artificial.

Saw touch wiz for the first time, not impressed. Impressed with slimness of the phone. Hated the battery cover.

Great phone overall though.

Well put

The Smartphone NIRVANA Equation = Samsung Hardware + HTC Software + Apple Marketing/Branding + Indian Price... Will Never Come To A Store Near You..

It however lacked the notification light (which I find very useful) of my HTC.

NoLED serves the purpose. I'm attaching the apk file.

NoLED works with SMS/MMS, Gtalk, Gmail, Missed calls, Voicemail, Calendar without any additional permissions.

It can be customized whether to have a dot or an icon for each type of supported notification. The colors of these icons/dots are also customizable.

NoLED-4.4.3.apk

Rajan ji, why not Apple's hardware? Samsung may be cheaper, but isn't Apple the pioneer in Slate version of Smart Phones? And still they hold the special niche in the entire smart phone market despite steep competition from open market contenders.

Anyways, your Nirvana equation is interesting.

I am having the opportunity to play with Galaxy S-II of my colleague who purchased it last week.

• Like 1

Worldwide the LG Optimus 3d is cheaper than the s2. If it launches in India higher than s2, I will buy the s2 instead.

Price of export set in Singapore with 12 mth store warranty:

http://www.sgbest.com/product.php?id=352

Now 687 SGD versus 797 SGD of s2!

The s2 is a media monster and can play all file formats, even 1080 .mkv!

Edited by angeleyes

I too bought the same Samsung Galaxy S2 for 25700/- for a friend :)

Still to get delivery , awaiting for the same

Edited by KooLK

^

25700/-?? Is it brand new sealed pack? And with Indian bill and warranty?

As Explained here

The Break Up As Follows:

RS.32990 [Actual Market Or Actual Indian Plaza Price]

Rs.-3090 [india Plaza Discount]

Rs.-3000 [100% HD Cash Back]

Rs.-1200 [iCICIPRIVI Coupon Code]

---------

Rs.25700/- Total Price As Delivery Is Free

yes Brand new Box Packed with INDIAN bill And Warranty Confirmed before ordering

Will Recd by Thursday Confirmed with the CC...

All Thanks TO RAJANJi

Edited by KooLK

^

the explanation is not clear; kindly give me rajan's exact post (difficult to search...lolz) or do u mean to tell me that I have to first buy a hdd for 3K extra... lolz

edit: OK, got it; without the hdd its still 28.7K i.e. more than 28.5K and I did not need any hdd....

Edited by dkaile

I Bought The HDD for a friend so for me its still 25700 ,also i got to use the Coupon as i told him i will use the coupon

lmaoContento.gifRiendo.gif

also to add I bought HDD for 3250 and sold for 3500 So u also want me to deduct 250 from 25700????

so it comes to 25450/- in other words

25.450 K :)

Edited by KooLK

The s2 is a media monster and can play all file formats, even 1080 .mkv!

Even Fascinate (Galaxy S) can play .mkv files with VPlayer.

@koolk - you are a true sindhi as rajan said in another post. As I said in another post your entire process must have taken 15 days. Not everyone has the time. Like I said there - I had a feeling to buy S2 one fine morning, went to my sammy distributor friend a few hours later, paid him 28.5K he asked and started using the phone. You will save 2.8K more with the sindhi technique or be left with a hdd that you may or may not need...lolz

Edited by dkaile

Galaxy S II CDMA is coming to Sprint Network named as Epic 4G Touch >> http://www.engadget....ouch-htc-evo-d/

And as announced by Samsung earlier, the release should happen in this month of AUGUST only. Sorprendido.gif

sprint-name-drops-its-latest-phones-1312847438.jpg

Sprint S2 name is Samsung Within and

Verizon S2 name is Samsung Function.

They changed the name???

S2 is now Rs. 26,490 :Sorprendido: at dealsupto.com

Price is falling fast. It is cheaper by Rs. 2000 :Descarga: since last week.

People are not liking the EPIC version of S2

Sources Revealing this time At&T will Release S2 with keyboard

gr8 video

The sound ouput is loud, but low quality, cannot be fixed even with the Voodoo patch as in sgs1.

The amoled is PENTILE, same as Nexus One. Subpixels have been enlarged to inprove screen life. This plays havoc with web browsing: text is slightly blurry. Those having Optimus Black, which has the Hitachi developed In Plane Switching LCD screen that LG supplies to Apple for its IP4, will not be able to accept the downgrade.

Hopefully this will be solved in the sgs3, or Nexus Prime, which will have Super amoled 720p.

Edited by angeleyes

^^^

SGS2 display has regular FULL RGB and not PENTILE_Sub-Pixel like in SGS1 or N1... The upcoming 4.5"_HD_720p_SAMOLED-plus_display on Nexus_Prime is also using PENTILE_Sub-Pixel matrix... All Nexus devices (incl upcoming ICS powered Prime) are using Pentile matrix only... Only SGS-II is the exception...

You are right. I was wondering why the text was blurry and it must be because the famous amoled ghosting is having some effect on the display. Also wonder why Samsung is going back to pentile for Prime. Could be to increase screen life.

Samsung Galaxy S II of CDMA is about to be released on Sprint. Samsung reveals all specs -

Eye popping 4.52" screen and 129gm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.samsung.c.../SPH-D710ZKASPR

Features - http://www.samsung.c...ZKASPR-features

Specs - http://www.samsung.c...710ZKASPR-specs

d710_600x600_xlarge_cf.jpgd710_600x600_xlarge_bk.jpgd710_600x600_xlarge_s2.jpg

Edited by dkaile
  • Like 1