Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
madhi

Please Suggest Best Global Phone To Buy (Upcoming Handsets Also)

Kindly suggest the best global phone to buy. current or upcoming handsets. handsets with windows phone 7 or android OS preferred. budget is not a constraint. thanks.

Moto Droid 2 with sliding keyboard

Htc Incredible 2 only bar

Moto xt800 with dual standby (the only phone till date)

all of them run on android

^^^

For RCDMA, EVDO has never worked on Droids.

Though, you can check out with somebody who is using this handset.

A word of caution: there is always a problem of SMS in CDMA mode in all android phone in rcdma

gsm mode works good.

Blackberry works great though. 9930 is on the way in 2-3 weeks.

And then there is the HP Pre 3, which runs on the latest edition of the awesome Webos 2.2.

Anyway won't suggest the device 'cos of accute dearth of apps in the platform.

However, it seems that Motorola might have had a sudden change of heart after all, for the latest information that the good guys over that the FCC have released now reveal that the the DROID Bionic will sport radios for LTE, CDMA, UTMS and GSM as well. This makes the upcoming DROID Bionic a world phone which will be supported by more than 220 countries all over the world. And we all know what this means; there now exists a possibility that this particular smartphone might just eventually find its way over to our shores some time in the near future.

Read more: http://vr-zone.com/articles/motorola-s-droid-bionic-gets-a-gsm-radio-is-now-a-world-phone/13239.html#ixzz1UVK44Zs1

Motorola Droid 3 Dual Core has some great specs with full QWERT slide out keyboard. >> http://www.motorola....-MOTOROLA-US-EN

Word of caution : one of my friend is using this phone on verizon n is sad about the battery life compared droid 1 which he was usng earlier.

A word of caution: there is always a problem of SMS in CDMA mode in all android phone in rcdma

gsm mode works good.

I am not sure if i agree with sms in cdma problem on android phones.

I have two of em and i m a hefty user of sms. it works like charm.

and htc sense makes it fun to use. BB lacks intuitiveness of such UI.

Motorola Droid 3 Dual Core has some great specs with full QWERT slide out keyboard. >> http://www.motorola....-MOTOROLA-US-EN

thanks. is it available on rimweb? price? evdo working?

no its not available and who knows how long it will take. the only moto you can get with evdo working currently is XT800

rest other moto only work on 1x.

though it may always sound exciting to blow your money on the latest and which

is on steroids. but choose a phone which suits your budget n needs.

most of us till date dont make enough use of two cores in pc. so not every user

needs dual core on phones. it makes sense in phones like EVO 3d as to process 3d

media you need power. but to enjoy simple features on android any phone with 1Ghz

processor and 512 RAM is practical.

When searching for moto xt800 I came across moto xt882 on the internet. but not released in india yet. when will this become available?

When searching for moto xt800 I came across moto xt882 on the internet. but not released in india yet. when will this become available?

you can keep waiting forever as there are new launches constantly with specs always increasing to fancy numbers.

motorola xt882, droid 3(as mentioned above), photon 4g (even better than droid 3 as per cnet) :w00t: :wOOtjumpy: :Sorprendido:

if you really want to buy a world smartphone then take your pick from the stuff thats currently being told.

the choices are good enough as of now. :Boy Thumbs Up:

gsm mode works good.

dear all

i am planning to buy fascinate or htc evo phone in near future but this is the first time i have come across the mention on sms problem pl confirm as i use sms heavily

jasmin

if u use sms a lot go for qwerty phone

There not many options in world phones. Droid pro and Droid 2 Global are two viable options in addition to few blackberry phones. LTE and 4G are still useless stuff for indians.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

i am planning to buy fascinate or htc evo phone in near future

These 2 are not world phone and work wonderfully with SMS u can go for it, I mentioned specifically android dual sets.

dear all

i am looking for a dual sim phone for my vodaphone & mts new no to be activated (gsm+cdma)

recently got my fascinate so preference is for android based & physical keyboard

budget is 12k to 18k

brands only well known ones

pl recommend

jp

There is no GSM + CDMA dual sim, dual standby Android with physical keyboard from a well known brand existing at the moment in the world AFAIK. If anyone knows otherwise, do post here.

@jp

you have adjust with Either function.

if ready to compramise on physical keypad

then go for MOTOROLA MILESTONE which is coming with MTS network at appox 18k.

read review in rimweb here

http://www.rimweb.in/forums/topic/28982-dual-sim-motorola-android-phone-coming-to-india/page__view__findpost__p__241969

http://www.rimweb.in/forums/topic/28982-dual-sim-motorola-android-phone-coming-to-india/page__view__findpost__p__231361

which of the following will let me use both networks simultaneously (one cdma & one GSM)

Droid pro

Droid 2 Global

Xt800

blackberry phones