Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
shailesh160477

Deactivation Of Reliance Mobile Set.

This is posted on the RIM website for HCC

To change your handset, follow these steps

1. From your old handset, please dial *229, followed by the pin number mentioned in the scratch panel above.

2. After Step1 on your old handset, from your new handset, please dial *228, follow the voice instructions and key in the same PIN Number to activate the new handset. (This step has to be done within 24 hours of dialing *229 from your old handset, else the validity of this card will expire). Your old handset is now de-activated.

3. Please switch off and switch on your new handset after 15 minutes and your new RIM phone is ready to use.

4. You will receive a confirmatory SMS that your new phone has been activated.

Now, if u see closely and try,... Follor step1, and dont use step2 on any other handset... It might render the first handset useless. I dont really know. But it might jus work. Its worth trying coz a HCC hardly costs anything.

If at all it doesn't work, the first handset will get its old no. back. And if u dont follow step 2 and the thing works, ur first handset will get de-activated and ready for a new GSK after a day or two!

Awright ! I get the *229 funda ! BUT

"Pin number mentioned in the scratch panel above", which scratch panel, of what?

Which pin number is this? Is it the RSN number of the set?

What is an HCC ? where do I get one ?

The set I have is a pre-paid number, now I want to change it to post-paid number. The reliance staff, confirmed me that the RSN number of the mobile is mapped to a prepaid number on their server. Now, they are not ready to release that number and they are asking me to, either continue with the prepaid number or BUY a new set from them for a post-paid connection.

THIS IS NOT FAIR!

I am ready to do anything to get this set released from prepaid.

Where do I get the pin number for releasing this set? And also the HCC?

the thing i mentioned is abt the HCC. U can get a HCC(Handset Change Card) from any of Rel WebWorlds.

In prepaid on dialling *228 you have the facility to enter a new GSK pin.

Wtih a risk: try getting a postpaid gsk and enter the pin no. maybe it works ;)

u can deactivate refer to detals for number change followed during 93 migration

u can deactivate refer to detals for number change followed during 93 migration

27307[/snapback]

Can u plz explain ??? :)

when i changed my 93 number a code was alloted to me to deactivate my handset. after sometime i dialled *228 and my new number was active. this myt help

i don't remeber those codes.

you might be talking about *488 but dat thing doesnt work normally..

First they got to allow that stuff for our connection in their system, then we got to dial it and get the number released from phone :)

The prepaid handsets do ask for the GSK No. but until they are expired new GSK cannot be used, as my exoereince says. Once u dial *229 and the HCC code the phone works normally until u do the seond procedure on the other phone, if it's not doen in 24hours the HCC expires.

If I dont recharge a prepaid, will it expire in a few days ?

If yes how many days ?

27408[/snapback]

i have a RD 2030 for last 8 months.....it has not got expired yet....so i would like to know the answer too......

also...is the set usable if it gets expired.....

My phone has worked with incoming last month for around 20-25 days after validity period.

Well legally according to them you get around 180 days to retain your no after validity period :grin:

I have a prepaid mobile not recharged for the last two months... When I dial *369 it now says that the phone is not active!!

Does this mean that the phone is deactivated!!!

no it still will work if u recharge..

i guess you have to wait atleast 185 days after your validity expires :unsure:

In all prepaid connections it will ask for activation using GSK pin after dialing *228.

But the thing is you got to know whether after entering the PIN, will the system accept it or not :unsure:

If its still active, on dialling *228 it shud say, "Your phone has already been Actived". It says on my postpaid atleast!

If its still active, on dialling *228 it shud say, "Your phone has already been Actived". It says on my postpaid atleast!

27543[/snapback]

In prepaid, it doesnt give that message...

Instead it asks for 9 digit pin code :clap:

send: GETSTAT <RSN> to 3733 as SMS and then you will receive the status as a reply.

Hello friends

This is related to *228. Now that the FWP mobility has been stopped, my connection is restricted to the BTS where I registered the phone. When I dial *228. I get the msg "This phone has already been registered".

Is there some way of unregistering the phone and then re-registering it at some new place to make it work there?

Please help me....

In that case, you may have to contact your local WebWorld for changing the registered BTS.