Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
farookh

Motorola Photon 4G Tegra Dual Core World Phone

Hi Farook,

Any further update...how abt cdma reg ? ne sms prob ?

wow cool handset farooq, congratulations.One question remains unanswered which many have asked u, how much did it costed u.

motorola and ulocked bootloaders is something which many motorola users are suprised to see, in a good way.

Just collected my Photon from the courier office. Bought it from the awesomeness personified - Hetal ji.

Will write up my review soon :)

Hi,

Can CDMA be activated on this handset thru OMH sim as on Incredible 2 as mentioned in a post by Hetal. Also will EVDO work thru OMH sim?

Just collected my Photon from the courier office. Bought it from the awesomeness personified - Hetal ji.

Will write up my review soon :)

Karthik ji... You atleast tell us the price... The topic opener is NOT in a mood to tell us the price...

Kanaga, a brand new one with box pack and CDMA / GSM unlocked will cost you somewhere in the region of 22K.

Your Epic is still a contemporary device, so don't be in a hurry to upgrade..

Pros

1. The phone looks premium and solid to hold.
  2. Excellent voice quality when on phone!
  3. Performance is snappy thanks to the 1Ghz tegra 2 processor and 1 Gb RAM under the hood.
  4. It comes with a light version of motoblur which is a huge improvement over its predecessors.

Cons

1. The display is just average - I can see pixels! (more on it soon...)

Its is best but Pen-tile Pixel Arrangement make it visible in high Brightness !

Hetal,

Is it possible to use OMH sim on the Photon as well, like the Incredible2 as mentioned by you in one of your post.

Pros

3. Performance is snappy thanks to the 1Ghz tegra 2 processor and 1 Gb RAM under the hood.
  4. It comes with a light version of motoblur which is a huge improvement over its predecessors.

Cons

Please elaborate on the display area, many will be skeptic about it,

I have not read well about the display in the x2 and the same tech is being used here

just curious!

Kartik dude please complete your promised complete review. Eagerly waiting for a pro to review after actual use.... And you are one of my best bet.

Hi,

My photon doesnt detect my MTNL wifi connection. Thought it detects "Tikona" and some other wifi network in the building. Can some of you guide as to why it is not detecting my MTNL wifi connection and what i should be doing.

Pros

Cons

Please elaborate on the display area, many will be skeptic about it,

I have not read well about the display in the x2 and the same tech is being used here

just curious!

Don't go on technical jargons all phones has different appearances due to many reasons. Also display is personal preference. Some like saturated colors some may like natural color. Most screen are difficult to view in bright sunlights.

Anyways, photon has brightest screen amongst motorola.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk

how much you paid for this Motorola Photon 4G Tegra???

how much you paid for this Motorola Photon 4G Tegra???

You can get brand new with box Photon from Parin for Rs.21500. For details check this link http://www.rimweb.in/forums/topic/31805-for-sale-incredible-2-evo-evo-3d-infuse-epic-touch-droid-photon/page__pid__239686#entry239686

I can't see an option to receive SMS Delivery Report. How can I enable it ?

I am using it with GSM sim.

Hi,

My photon doesnt detect my MTNL wifi connection. Thought it detects "Tikona" and some other wifi network in the building. Can some of you guide as to why it is not detecting my MTNL wifi connection and what i should be doing.

You could try and change the wi-fi channel on your router, I have noticed a lot of phones/laptops do not detect channels above 10. Also make sure that the SSID does not have special characters.

I dunno if anyone else has faced problem of youtube not playing in cdma mode all the time. In my case I found a solution for this - switch to GSM / UMTS mode and then switch back to cdma mode, and youtube plays nicely in cdma mode. Hope this helps others too.

Mukesh you are right even I do not see to find the option under the stock sms app. Imho the best bet will be to install Go Sms Pro (free) from market. It has the option to check the delivery report under the option -> settings -> receive. But still it only provides you with the delivery status of the message and not the actual time when the sms was delivered. I guess it is a limitation of android.

• Like 1

I dunno if anyone else has faced problem of youtube not playing in cdma mode all the time. In my case I found a solution for this - switch to GSM / UMTS mode and then switch back to cdma mode, and youtube plays nicely in cdma mode. Hope this helps others too.

Even I have the same issue, good to see that at least I am not crazy! :Sorprendido:. I will try your method and revert back however youtube seems to be working fine with wifi. What firmware build are you on?

P.S I tried all the methods like uninstalling youtube update and installing it back again. Restarting the phone. The list goes on.... But still it was of no use so quit using it over EVDO. Also while using EVDO the internet stops in the middle of your browsing session sporadically and you have to reconnect to access it. Do you face this issue too?

It does not work, even while using CHOMP SMS where there is option of DELIVERY REPORT

Another thing which do not work well is + code dialing.

It does not work, even while using CHOMP SMS where there is option of DELIVERY REPORT

Mine works with + code dialing (for example +9198100xxxxxx). :)

All my contacts are saved with +91 prefix and it dials them without a problem.

I am on Android 2.3.4.

Edited by mgdelhi

Even I have the same issue, good to see that at least I am not crazy! :Sorprendido:. I will try your method and revert back however youtube seems to be working fine with wifi. What firmware build are you on?

P.S I tried all the methods like uninstalling youtube update and installing it back again. Restarting the phone. The list goes on.... But still it was of no use so quit using it over EVDO. Also while using EVDO the internet stops in the middle of your browsing session sporadically and you have to reconnect to access it. Do you face this issue too?

I'm on stock 4.5.1A-1_SUN-198_6 and don't have any problems with evdo - the youtube workaround is working fine for me

Mine works with + code dialing (for example +9198100xxxxxx).

All my contacts are saved with +91 prefix and it dials them without a problem.

I am on Android 2.3.4.

Thanks now it works on my handset too. In past i edited its PROP file where i disabled. After reading ypur post i tried to figure out problem and found it out. Thanks.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk