Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
farookh

Motorola Photon 4G Tegra Dual Core World Phone

It does not work, even while using CHOMP SMS where there is option of DELIVERY REPORT

Another thing which do not work well is + code dialing.

Mine works with + code dialing (for example +9198100xxxxxx).

All my contacts are saved with +91 prefix and it dials them without a problem.

I am on Android 2.3.4.

Thanks now it works on my handset too. In past i edited its PROP file where i disabled. After reading ypur post i tried to figure out problem and found it out. Thanks.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk

I had an issue were my phone was not dialing +91 numbers so I used the number fixer app from market to remove the +91 from all the numbers from my contact and now it works like charm.

I can't see an option to receive SMS Delivery Report. How can I enable it ?

I am using it with GSM sim.

Until the message is delivered, it shows a green arrow next to it as per my observation... and later on you can hold down the message and select view message details.. that gives me the op codes from the delivery report.

:previous:

by the he way is Farookh from our Forum who had got the 1st photon

Edited by parin

For you tube to work in evdo dial ##3282# then go to multimedia tab and change the rtsp adress and httpd adress to 0.0.0.0 and rtsp an httpd port to 0 youtube will work like charm and ofcourse you need spc code which in most cases will be 000000

:previous:

I knew it and made the changes but afaik there is no need to change rtsp address rtsp port. However, I am unable to check it as I have an issue with my evdo as it is switching to 1x only. So I will not be able to confirm if it works. So what about you? I made have you checked it in your handset and does it work for you.

rtsp and httpd address need to be changed to 0.0.0.0 otherwise youtube wont work on evdo although it will work in wifi and this is the only solution for any sprint phones as rtsp is the streaming port and no other streaming softwware or websites will stream without changing the settings.

Ok i stand corrected. I had modified httpd address and httpd port. But I did not modify the values for rtsp address and rtsp port. As I said earlier even when I had made the changes I was not able to check it due my evdo issue.

Btw this tweak is done irrespective of the phone. As I had read about this tweak in XDA fourm for htc evo 4g also Dheraj bhai has posted this same info in his review for samsung nexus 4g.

Off topic- Can any one with Motorola photon confirm if they face an issue when we make a call and then switch to speaker phone and then switch back to normal then the voice starts cracking. I forgot to mention this in my review. I am pretty sure it has to do with some blur app or sprint internal file which messes up this to and fro action.

On top of it after this stunt is over and you complete the call. The next call you do will most likely cause the dead call issue and at times the phone may restart too.

So basically speaking this issue is yet to be fixed by moto as I have tried all the updates including the one that we do not get as ota here and all of them seems to surcumb to this task. Btw initially at times I was able to switch back and forth without an issue.

It seems like I am being paid by Motorola to test their phone for bugs and hardware issues. :doh: Btw that is exactly one of the tasks that I do for living in a software company but thats a different domain. :Sorprendido:

guys i have almost finalized photon for myself.

but i have been reading that it has pixelation issue.

display shows pixels on close inspection.

can anyone who owns one throw proper light.

is it something to be scared of . would it make me regret

when i will see super amoled or super lcd or retina display

^ ^ it is not a deal breaker. I mentioned it only in the spirit of full disclosure. The screen is very bright and give good battery life too.

• Like 1

@Mujeeb Rehman --- I had similar issues with Motorola Droid 2 Global. A clean (Wipe Data & Cache before & after) SBF helped me resolve most of the issues I had with phone...

OK... To all friends who are looking for buying Photon, but in dilemma reg pentile matrix display, please note the following:-

1] As Karthik ji rightly said the display is NOT a deal-breaker... Resolution is better (qHD 960x540 is 16:9 and much better than WVGA 800x480, which is 15:9 ratio) for watching videos and browsing... But only purists may feel the -ve of pentile matrix... For others display will be good...

2] If we consider the remaining things, Photon wins hands-down considering the price (Dual-core processor, loads of FREE RAM, excellent battery life, beauty, kick-stand, GSM capabilities, HDMI, cam with key and flash, loud-speaker, dual microphone <<actually 3>>, build quality, voice clarity <<even my BSNL 2G sounds better in it, I don't know why??>>, huge internal memory + microSD slot, etc...

But few cons are also there for people trying to use it as GSM phone (NOT for using as CDMA phone):-

1] USSD won't work.. But no issue if you use it for postpaid like me...

2] 3G video call not working or I don't know how to make one...

3] can't be used in US (IR--NOT A huge issue) right now, but may change when some chinese ROM with few other radios arrive, but chances are very very low...

There is solution for US band unlock for adventurous people. :-)

@Mujeeb Rehman --- I had similar issues with Motorola Droid 2 Global. A clean (Wipe Data & Cache before & after) SBF helped me resolve most of the issues I had with phone...

Kapil bhai what issue are you referring to? Is that a fix for the speaker issue I had mentioned. Btw i have did a complete sbf on the phone for the firware update. I guess i did a cache prior to the sbf but what do you mean by wipe data. I guess it is same as factory reset. I know it is under cwm but can you put some light on it.

Also can please any one with a photon be kind enough to check the speaker issue that I had mentioned in the post 59

Thanks

Sir ji.... Does that (or any other) trick also brings the USSD and 3G video-call benefits to Photon in GSM mode???

please throw some more light. what is the solution if photon has such problem?

No ussd is blocked by rom and radio band is NV item of radio. So editing nv item makes US band working.

Can any one confirms that ussd works on android?

I think some dialler allows USSD in Android (pointed out by Rajan ji in Android sub-forum), but that was also NOT working in Photon...

AFAIK android do not support USSD

Android Support USSD for sure, Daily i sell many connections for Android Phone and all people use USSD to check balance.

AFAIK android do not support USSD

sorry to differ from you but you are mistaken

it most definitely supports USSD

have used it on Samsung Captivate

I have used Various Verizon Motorola Android world phones but non supports USSD on GSM.

HTC Incredible 2 supports USSD on GSM and you get balance update after every call as well. Same like normal phones.

interesting find for a speedier boot by skipping handsfree sprint activation (for those who have root) http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1265816

Just an fyi for the photon users using this trick once you disable the SprintOMADMConnMOPlugin.apk you will not be able to lock the phone using the default Motorola security lock. It means you will not n be able to use any password oriented lock such as pattern, pin or characters to lock the phone.

The only work around is to put the phone on airplane mode and then restart it and it will skip the activation. Once the phone is up you can put the airplane mode off. I know it will be a pain but in this case you do not need to disable the SprintOMADMConnMOPlugin.apk and you can use the security lock for your phone.