Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
farookh

Motorola Photon 4G Tegra Dual Core World Phone

Loose Data = Yes

Need Activation = No

Any faced issues with Switching between CDMA > GSM > CDMA? My phone just restarts when I switch from CDMA to GSM and back to GSM. And after this past few days the phone has been randomly restarting on its own. I constantly keep the available RAM in check and its always around 40-60%. I don't have too many apps installed too!

Anyone had this issue? Its getting frustrating now.

Try updating to latest update or factory reset after backing up all important data. Should b solved with update, else factory reset.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

Read somewhere (maybe on Motorola Photon Forum site) that using third party apps to check and kill apps on memory usage can cause auto reboot problems in Photon 4G. Will provide the link if I can find it. According to the site, Photon has a Task manager which does the job extremely well. And with 1GB RAM, one does not need to kill tasks and apps constantly. I used to do the same and after reading the said article, I removed the 3rd party app (Forgot which app it was, now) and now my Photon has not rebooted automatically even once in the last 30 to 45 days.

In any case, it would be better if all Photon users switch off and on their mobiles atleast once every day. These types of reboot problems will not occur. I have set my Photon's Titanium Backup to reboot once the backup is done. So one problem sorted out this way.

You can also do a factory reset and all your problems will get solved. But take a backup of your contacts, sms' mails etc also.

Slightly off topic:

1. If anyone knows any app which can reboot the phone at pre-defined times, please share here.

2. Is there any app which can make the Photon go from CDMA to GSM and vice versa radio at a pre defined time everyday? (becoming forgetful and lazy in both cases, thats why)

Edited by KumaarShah

Any apps for backing up data?

This restart issue is just getting on my nerves.now restarting even without changing network to gsm/cdma!!!

Try calllog and sms backup restore by ritesh sahu. It's available free in playstore. N try to update to latest firmware it should solve reboot issue. Else root ur phone n try cynogen mod Rom.

U can use Mybackup pro for backing up contacts, sms, calendar, apps etc. Also, If your phone is rooted u can use Titanium Backup pro.

Backed up using Titanium Backup Pro. Did factory reset after that and it did not solve the reboot issue. Now phone reboots after every 3-4 calls... This is getting SUPER frustrating now! :(

The restart issue looks like is resolved now. I had mistakenly enabled the HAC (Hearing Aid Compatibility) settings on my phone.

After disabling it the phone seems to be running fine without any restarts. I also installed to logCat to track if the restart issue re-occurs, but nothing so far.

Is there any need to update to latest firmware? I am already on latest firmware after I got the phone from Hetal bhai.

Has anyone here tried the MiUi ICS ROM for the photon ? xda thread seems to say its stable enough.

Has anyone here tried the MiUi ICS ROM for the photon ? xda thread seems to say its stable enough.

I tried ICS ROM, initially i had some issues wrt Force closure and restarts, but then it was stable. I had to revert back to stock as Video camera is not working properly (there is a lag) and i use the video camera feature a lot. :-(... Just waiting for a ICS ROM which resolves the issue of Video camera.

I tried ICS ROM, initially i had some issues wrt Force closure and restarts, but then it was stable. I had to revert back to stock as Video camera is not working properly (there is a lag) and i use the video camera feature a lot. :-(... Just waiting for a ICS ROM which resolves the issue of Video camera.

Did you try the MiUi ICS one or the older CM9 ?

I tried MIUI ICS ROM....no issues. No lags i am facing on 2 MoPho's.

there are 2 issues which i face.

1. The softkey backlight is not working fine.

2. You cant sync Facebook contacts.

Otherwise its stable.

Did you try the MiUi ICS one or the older CM9 ?

Had flashed CNA based on CM9

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1607279

I tried MIUI ICS ROM....no issues. No lags i am facing on 2 MoPho's.

there are 2 issues which i face.

1. The softkey backlight is not working fine.

2. You cant sync Facebook contacts.

Otherwise its stable.

How is the battery life? Are you running cdma or gsm?

i m getting lot blank network msgs after data session or sms or calls.

does anyone got any idea. earlier it wasnt so and i have used few gsm networks.

it almost looks like its trying to push remaining balance or something but nothing shows.

In prepaid, balances are generally Shown after calls/data/sms. This is what might be happening. And photon doesn't support ussd codes. So that's why they are blank.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

My photon stock rom takes full hd videos 1920 x 1280 p and I use it alot. Often publish on you tube.

Search on you tube for iwaschrist.

Dont bother with yours it will take sometime before you can have the same on yours but will definitely get it.

My photon stock rom takes full hd videos 1920 x 1280 p and I use it alot. .

How?

"Stock" is limited 720p.

What is different about your stock rom?

@pulsar

Battery life of any android in general is poor. Very few exceptions, may be.

@pulsar

Battery life of any android in general is poor. Very few exceptions, may be.

I am now getting 12 hours on an average. satisfied with that. Earlier there was prolly some rogue app which was draining off battery.

Facebook for android uses a lot of battery. After removing it from my photon, I'm getting much better battery life

Sent from my Incredible 2 using Tapatalk 2

In usual days 12 hours is OK but when not in office or no access to charger - instead of productivity tool Android phones become liability.

Almost all the Android phones (Epic, Photon, Ideos, OG Razr, CapGlide, MotoFire, POP, Atrix) I have used holds its breath for FULL day or atleast till night... Well, all I do the most is SWITCH ON data/BT/WiFi only when needed and still today I have never had 12-hours battery life in any of my Android phones... Well, I use Black-theme, black wallpaper in AMOLED equipped phones, remove all operator bloats, hmmmm NO anim wallpaper and I have never used any HTC phones (all my friends using Inc2 are complaining about very bad battery life)

Almost all the Android phones (Epic, Photon, Ideos, OG Razr, CapGlide, MotoFire, POP, Atrix) I have used holds its breath for FULL day or atleast till night... Well, all I do the most is SWITCH ON data/BT/WiFi only when needed and still today I have never had 12-hours battery life in any of my Android phones... Well, I use Black-theme, black wallpaper in AMOLED equipped phones, remove all operator bloats, hmmmm NO anim wallpaper and I have never used any HTC phones (all my friends using Inc2 are complaining about very bad battery life)

A lot depends on our usage also. like i have a normal usage, i easily get 12-16 hrs battery life with around 1hr calling and data on thru out the day with surfing about 2-2.30 hours on the phone on mails, chat & browsing. In my usage Inc2 gives better battery than photon. Photon would drain by 12 hrs of charge. Also, i dont have FB app installed on my phone and i think its also adding to save the battery for some time.

here is my photon ( now not mine ) battery life.

its beastly battery life considering its dual core nvidia.

now to be honest,phone is having following settings.

all default factory stuff, rooted and wifi off when screen off.

and used just for phone calls.

post-78568-0-96411000-1339067016_thumb.j