Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
farookh

Motorola Photon 4G Tegra Dual Core World Phone

12 hours is what I get after using the phone...whats the point of having an android device if you dont use data and stay connected!!!

Ashok: your display was on only for 2% of the time in 3 days.so basically you have not used the phone at all all the while

I have use it only for making calls and that's it. That's it but still 3 days is something I have seen first time.

I have use it only for making calls and that's it. That's it but still 3 days is something I have seen first time.

If you had made calls then it should have shown up as voice calls. See mine for example...

post-60336-133909463871_thumb.jpg

Edited by pulsar220

Unfortunately phone is not with me now. I could have posted its screenshot. I had some 3-4% voice calls usage.

Unfortunately phone is not with me now. I could have posted its screenshot. I had some 3-4% voice calls usage.

Please dont get me wrong sir. I am not accusing you of anything, its just that there are no voice calls shown in the screen shot you posted!

whats the point of having an android device if you dont use data and stay connected!!!

We are actually using data only when need arises and as a +ve side effect, it gives great battery life... You can keep data always ON, if you have charger+power ready and top-up frequently....

And if you want BOTH always-ON data and good battery life, get Razr-MAXX .... PEACE....

• Like 1

whats the point of having an android device if you dont use data and stay connected!!!

We are actually using data only when need arises and as a +ve side effect, it gives great battery life... You can keep data always ON, if you have charger+power ready and top-up frequently....

And if you want BOTH always-ON data and good battery life, get Razr-MAXX .... PEACE....

HahaI wish Razr Maxx was available when I bought the phone.

I am ok with the trade off between keeping data On and loosing battery life. But yeah I dont keep background data on unless Im near a charging source!

My photon stock rom takes full hd videos 1920 x 1280 p and I use it alot. .

How?

"Stock" is limited 720p.

What is different about your stock rom?

As I said be patient and hold on cos soon all photon s will have full hd video recording and few more things. Can't say more.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

Motorola has announced ICS upgrade for photon in the 4th quarter of this year.my question is- can we update the photon that we have purchased from reputed Sellers on this forum?

Sent from my Motorola Photon 4G

You could try an app like the juice defender that switches off your data once you lock the screen& enables it once you've switched it back on

You could try an app like the juice defender that switches off your data once you lock the screen& enables it once you've switched it back on

After trying juice defender and a few other battery apps I personally found 2x battery to be the best. Additionally it also gives battery remaining percentage numbers.

Motorola has announced ICS upgrade for photon in the 4th quarter of this year.my question is- can we update the photon that we have purchased from reputed Sellers on this forum?

yes you can but before that there will be another update shortly.

yes you can but before that there will be another update shortly.

You are hinting some update before ICS. :-).. good... Hope to see some nice features getting In.

Motorola is pushing out updates which make your boot loader unlock unsuccessful.

So my suggestion is make boot loader unlocked and then install safe updates from Cheesecakes or something alike.

Check root wiki and xda.

Motorola is pushing out updates which make your boot loader unlock unsuccessful.

So my suggestion is make boot loader unlocked and then install safe updates from Cheesecakes or something alike.

Check root wiki and xda.

Is the update being talked about is 2.3.5 ?

Photon 4G vs iPhone 4/S..

Voice Actions...

Speedtest

Not able to see any attachments/ pic in your post ... pl check

Edited by akhileshril

Well, I can see everything working...

Photon users post your quadrant scores :)

post-60336-134140439161_thumb.png

Running MiUi with the 1.3kernel!

For folks with Motorola Photon 4G, there is an update is being rolled out "Version 4.5.1A-1_SUN-254_13" from yesterday. Below is the list of enchancements that would be brought to your phone by this update. Keep in mind that there are reports that this update may make bootloader unlocking unsuccessful. Get some information on forums like Xda before updating it if you like to have an unlocking software.

• More easily import contacts from SD card.
  • Improved music playback, both streaming from Amazon Cloud or Internet Radio services and music saved to the phone - minimizes occasional skips or repeats
  • Enhancements for WiFi hotspot in GSM/UMTS mode and adding new WiFi connections.
  • Now supports 1080p HD video capture, and enhanced video settings for more responsive playback.
  • Easier creating and accepting calendar meeting notices on the phone.

Source

^ ^ ^ Just updated now, it is a pretty big update at 125MB. It will bump the Photon to software version 4.5.1A-1_SUN-254_13.

Those Photon users who haven't got the update notification, fret not, please check for it manually, you can do that by heading on into Menu > Settings > About Phone > System Updates > Update Motorola Software.

After bitter experience if ics upgrade on razr, I will double check before upgrading motorola. :lol:

This latest update reverses root & kills the unlocked bootloader. Check here for more details

http://forum.xda-dev...php?t=1622764

There is mention on xda that Photon Torpedo method will restore root access even in the new release. Not too sure though as someone has got success with Torpedo while some have reported failure, maybe also due to wrong implementation.

Anyway better to wait and watch rather than hurry and end in hell.

Yeah and I honestly don't see any compelling reason to upgrade.

I would suggest wait for cwm flashale stock build which are already rooted.

Cheesecakes or fruitcakes is what it's called.

Guys don't loose root as its far more valuable than anything on android.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk