Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
farookh

Motorola Photon 4G Tegra Dual Core World Phone

Today I got the notification for the OTA Update on my photon.I'm not interested in updating.but it keeps prompting for an update every 2 hours.does anyone know how to disable this permanently?

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

I always remove. Apk file which connects to FOTA servers, so never prompt me.

You have to root and remove appropriate app from /system/app folder. Be careful.

Or still better keep it frozen with titanium backup.

You may need that file for Ics update.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I always remove. Apk file which connects to FOTA servers, so never prompt me.

You have to root and remove appropriate app from /system/app folder. Be careful.

I hope you made a backup of the apk before removing it because ics update is definitely coming and then you might need it.btw I just froze the updater app with titanium backup and it hasn't prompted me for an update since.

Those Photon users who haven't got the update notification, fret not, please check for it manually, you can do that by heading on into Menu > Settings > About Phone > System Updates > Update Motorola Software.

Doesn't work for me. Say my 2.3.4 is up to date :D

No update needed at the time. LoL

This update kills unlock, so does that mean if your phone is currently "unlocked" it will get relocked OR does this mean now we cannot unlock it?

Those Photon users who haven't got the update notification, fret not, please check for it manually, you can do that by heading on into Menu > Settings > About Phone > System Updates > Update Motorola Software.

This update kills unlock, so does that mean if your phone is currently "unlocked" it will get relocked OR does this mean now we cannot unlock it?

There is a way to unlock the bootloader in photon 4g.what this basically means is that, you can install custom roms on your photon 4g. When you update to 2.3.5 it kills the root and locks your bootloader again.this is the unlock that we are talking about.

There is a way to unlock the bootloader in photon 4g.what this basically means is that, you can install custom roms on your photon 4g. When you update to 2.3.5 it kills the root and locks your bootloader again.this is the unlock that we are talking about.

I'm already unlocked and running ICS 4.0.4 :)

But i'm flashing back to stock till the official Moto ICS is out. So was thinking of updating to 2.3.5 till then, but if this update kills unlock then I will just sit on 2.3.4 for now :)

The latest official update is 45.4.13

Android 2.3.5

I have been on it since like June. But you won't see any visible difference except your camera will make full HD videos now.

^^^^^ any review about the extended battery that you purchased?

The latest official update is 45.4.13

Android 2.3.5

I have been on it since like June. But you won't see any visible difference except your camera will make full HD videos now.

Another difference is, it will once again LOCK your bootloader, if you managed to unlock it earlier... So if you have unlocked the bootloader earlier to use custom ROMS, please avoid this update...

Another difference is, it will once again LOCK your bootloader, if you managed to unlock it earlier... So if you have unlocked the bootloader earlier to use custom ROMS, please avoid this update...

I'm staying from 2.3.5 because I'm currently here :-

post-60336-134445134713_thumb.png

:D

Edited by pulsar220

Nobody else testing Jelly Bean? :)

Had tried JB it was smoooooth :-) ... No major issues also. But went back to CM7 as i needed video camera to work for weekend...

Had tried JB it was smoooooth :-) ... No major issues also. But went back to CM7 as i needed video camera to work for weekend...

Which one did you try? Jokers CM10 or Th3Bill's CNA or AKOP ?

Im trying out CNA, video cam works albeit a little slow! *Sigh* wish Moto pushed their official updates a little sooner :/

I tried jokers CM10.. Everyone waiting for ics drivers... Motorola why r u not listening???

Thanks ashok, great relief for photon users with latest update and desirous to be rooted.

Sent from my PH44100 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

What wired headset are people using on their photon? I bought a Samsung headset and its not working properly with the photon. Any suggestions/recommendations based on actual personal use is welcome.

Sent from my rotary phone

gr8 work ashok bhai .. i was actually in search of this..

Am glad it worked for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello everyone...

Whenever i try to power up my photon...it stays on the red moto logo...and then it says - the modem did not power up...and doesnt power up at all...

the only way i have to power it up is to press volume down + power button..then press volume down ... and then select - BP HW Bypass RSD

It then powers up...but there is no network at all...only wifi works...

Its like i m using a wifi only device...

Pls help me guys... :-(

First explain what did you do with the phone.were you trying to flash a ROM?

I had a similar problem once with my phone when I was flashing the stock sbf. It was because the flashing did not complete properly when I tried it last time.

I bought a Samsung headset and its not working properly with the photon

Are you on a CM10 based ROM ? Some of them have issues with the headphone jack.

Tapatalk2'd from JellyMoPhoBean

Tapatalk2'd from JellyMoPhoBean

Edited by pulsar220

@pulsar220 : thanks for the reply... :)

I have no idea how did the photon go to that stage...but my brother gave it to me that way...

Anyways...after many (seriously many) successful sbf flashes...it now boots up normally...(only sometimes gives the same problem but a battery pull solves it now)

Rest everything works fine now...calls data wifi etc etc...only thing...i am not able to send sms (can receive though)... tried different sims and checked sms centre for all of them...

(Rooted unlocked bootloader and on stock 198_7 rom)

Any help?

It is driver issue with photon, motorola has not released official ice cream. The expected date of release is Q4 of 2012. Better to go stock if primary usage is video play.