Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
farookh

Motorola Photon 4G Tegra Dual Core World Phone

I bought a Samsung headset and its not working properly with the photon

Are you on a CM10 based ROM ? Some of them have issues with the headphone jack.

Tapatalk2'd from JellyMoPhoBean

Tapatalk2'd from JellyMoPhoBean

no i'm on stock ROM...when i insert the samsung headphone...the dialer gets activated automatically...calls dont get picked up...weird problems

Can b coz of moisture or head phone jack issue. Try cleaing the socket using earbud

Sent from my HTC Incredible 2 using Tapatalk 2

Any help?

Sorry dude, hardly have used my photon in GSM mode so not sure what could be the problem!

no i'm on stock ROM...when i insert the samsung headphone...the dialer gets activated automatically...calls dont get picked up...weird problems

Does it happen only with samsung headphones or all headphones ?

My photon is working perfectly now... no issues... :-)

But thanks for the reply anyways...

Hi friends, I have electrify and have feeling that it has worst camera. It is an excellent phone otherwise in its class. Even battery is better than photon. Please suggest some solution for camera improvement. I am still on gb. Whether ics will improve camera. Please share ur experience.

Sent from my PH44100 using Tapatalk 2

Afaik they both are same and just tht electricfy doesn't have wimax radio. I also agree the picture taken from mopho doesn't look tht great on phone but it improves when you copy it to a pc and view it.

Maybe it has something to do with the pentile matrix display.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

^^^^^^

Yes... The photos taken using Photon's camera is pretty BAD, when seen on PC screen... But it will be awfully fugly on its PentileLCD display... Even the videos that look lovely on EPIC (AMOLED-Pentile) and Incredible-2 (LCD) looks fugly in Photon's PentileLCD screen.. Thats why I changed my Photon in one month to CapGlide (Samsung AMOLED)...

Edited by KanagaDeepan

is there any updation in ROM i am using JB 10.1 from jookarsax. but there is plenty of thing dose not working

I am planning to get my hands on lapdock 100. Its selling for 50$ on verizon retail stores. Part of clearance sale.

It would be great to enjoy tapatalk, whats app, gtalk on ten inch. Reading my ebooks would be easier too.

Photon will become charming all over once again.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

Yes i also heard about $50 lapdock but who will bring it to india?

Please share more.

Yes i also heard about $50 lapdock but who will bring it to india?

Please share more.

a friend of mine is coming in November. but she is unable to find it in NY & NJ yet.

they are all out of stock.

on ebay its for 100 $. so either ways i will be getting one.

if it was something small. i could have ordered more.

You are lucky you got such a nice friend.

Size is a big problem other wise for $50 its a big steal.

i think it will remain in my dreams only. I wont get it.

@suneel arya i am a new Android mobile user please share more info regarding jokersax rom.

Thanks

I Have rooted my Motorola Photon and Replace the Official 2.3.1 Gingerboard Rom from Jokarsax 4.1.1 Jally bean Rom But It has plenty of thing not working Like Video shoot, Google Talk Video Calling and Hot spot not Starting, and waiting for Stable Rom for my Photon as per one of my friend said it may be Lanched Q4 12.

Wait for the stock ota ics. Flashing custom rom would stop the ability. Unless you revert to original.

Btw you get best deals on most electronics in usa.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

now motorola is not updating photon.

no stock ICS for photon.

yeah you are right. just saw. ICS IS DEAD FOR PHOTON :doh:

If they can give a legitimate reason for this, I'm all ears. They surely cannot blame the hardware as the specs are still respectable - Dual core tegra 2, 1Gb RAM...

It's a good thing that I sold my MoPho last month.

To me it seems as if there is a halt in entire Android development in last few months. So many phones on GB which were expected to have ics soon are all delayed for some or the other reason. won't be surprised if Motorola and HTC will make similar announcements for many other phones. May be there is something cooking up....

Sent from my XT910 using Tapatalk 2

i guess its nothing else but their business policy. :doh:

if they update the android version of mobile like photon i think user dont need to upgrade to a new mobile for atleast 6 months.

It is very BAD as Photon has received NO SINGLE Major Android OS update.. It came with GB and died with GB.. I can remember Google saying "each capable Android phone will minimum get 3 major OS updates" and now they (via their sister concern Motorola) has NOT even given SINGLE MAJOR OS update, even though the phone is very very more capable... Eg: AT&T Captivate Glide [with same Tegra2 + 1GB RAM] of Samsung received ICS update [via kies only though + more buggy, but still] and further ICS + TouchWiz is much much heavier than (wrt resources) Moto's latest ICS skin... Hence hardware can never be blamed here...

Even though operators are the main culprits here, I hate to see Motorola behaving like operators's b!tch, comparing to Samsung and HTC...

Even though operators are the main culprits here, I hate to see Motorola behaving like operators's b!tch, comparing to Samsung and HTC...

yes i agree with you.

photon has good hardware and great specs but still no ICS.

and i heard from many people they blame operators .

from past 3Q every photon user was waiting for ICS even some people was looking for JB and motorola was telling ICS coming soon but now no ICS no JB. :ranting:

Or Guys having Unlocked Bootloader, Enjoy custom ROMs.

cooladitya007 has unlocked bootloader on his Photon, unless he has played with it.

kapil ji this is my first android mobile :smartass: so still i am not able to play with it.

and i remember you told me about this so i am following you. :hi2:

i read about custom ROMS every where but almost every 1 complain its not stable like cam is not working, wifi hot spot problem, HD video etc.

please share some info and links regarding this so all photon owners in our forum can enjoy.

thanks.