Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
ReshadatAli

Any Imported Handset Having International Manufacturer's Guarantee?

HI,

Many of my friends are ready to switch to Reliance just because of the great handsets available at rimweb. But most of them have the same query... Is there any warranty on imported handsets? Now I want to ask you guys...is there any handset provider giving international warranty? I know that HTC doesn't for sure...but not sure about others like PALM and iPhone.

I know some sellers provide sellers warranty but people mostly want manufacturer's guarantee.

Thanks

Below Is the email reply I got from HTC India

Hope this will clear your idea about HTC

Dear Parin,

Thank you for contacting our Customer Support Center. We are dedicated to providing you with the best quality service and answering all of your questions and concerns.

To clarify your issue, you stated that: You are facing issue in your HTC EVO 3D.

In this regard, we tried to contact you for providing better assistance on your issues on Date: 13-08-11 Time: 12:14 PM but not able to get through (Not reachable), also we would like to intimate you that as per your device details you have purchased your device from out of India (US).and HTC India can provide you Global Warranty Services in India. If your handset is in warranty (For proof Bill and GWS Certificate required) then we can repair you handset in India and you will have to pay 30 USD as handling charges.

If handset is Out Of Warranty (also in case of no bill) then you will have to pay 30 USD+Part charges and service charges.

Please share your approval and location so that we can guide you to submit the handset in nearest service center.

You can also call our Call Center at: 1800 103 3566 Service Hours: 9.30 AM To 5.30 PM (Mon - Sat)

if you have further questions.

Thank you once again for your continued patronage.

To send a reply to this message or let me know I have successfully answered your question log in to our ContactUs site using your email address and your ticket number 11INCW33ENA000796.

Sincerely,

Vineeta

HTC

Want to see what others are saying? Have a question to ask other HTC fans?

Become a fan of HTC facebook.com/htc Follow us on Twitter twitter.com/htc Subscribe to our YouTube Channel youtube.com/htc

Explore our development resources developer.htc.com

We are unable to receive replies to this email account. Please visit us at htc.com if you have any questions or need further assistance.

Sent from my Thunderbolt

• Like 1

Thats good for expensive handsets then. 30$ is not bad.

@ Parin bhai thanks for sharing the info!

to be precise htc charges a minimum of Rs.1,350/-(30$ as mentioned in post above) as handling charges for imported handsets.

put frankly speaking if there is a part change require then they take ages to fetch it as india doesnt get similar handsets.

when i had issue with my tp2 , they were ready to repair it at above mentioned min charges but asked for one months time

that they will keep the handset and order a part. :NOTriste: :NOTriste: :NOTriste:

Yes its gonna take time man as spares won't be available here.

I don't think Samsung has this kind of service

Sent from my Thunderbolt