Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Arun

Forum Software Upgraded to IP.Board 3.2

how to revert back to IP Board Theme.. i have changed to IPBoard (Pre 3.2) theme and now i'm not able to get back to original.. tried on Chrome & IE.. didn't help..

:previous: I have disabled it now. Can you check now?

yup.. it worked.. thanks :)

one more issue.. if gone through 200th post of any thread (for example), and after sometime, someone added a new post on the same thread, when viewing that thread through "View New Content", it takes us to the start of that thread, rather than the 201st post of the thread, as earlier, any workaround for this..

Edited by aalok

really cool

this update is very good, but still search option must be more accurate and more productive while searching , this is the only area i feel that search is something that is holding rim from becoming the next xda forum :):hypocrite:

Edited by RavitejaSrigiriraju
  • Like 1

Hi Arun,

Thanks this is great, the text readability is better and overall it looks a generation ahead.

Few minor quirks have observed.

Gifs seem to be not working in profile pic.

Existing profile pics have been distorted for some.

The text size in profile description is causing word wrapping can be made smaller if possible.

The paste from word function does not allow tables to be pasted that was much needed functionality missing, Can it be done please.

Online offline indicator not there.

In users online Google, Yahoo are there not sure if this is a quirk or because they are trawling the website.

Edited by digitalnirvana
  • Like 1

Good look, easy readability now... :wOOtjumpy::SI:

Will explore more and report here

:signthankspin:

Good look ...........Nice.... smooth .........woooo.......!!!!!

Nice Login Option....+1

Reply +1

ALL +100

ARUN SIR :praise:

:clap: :clap: :signthankspin:

Using Tapatalk, when I login, I see the list of threads that have new content but, the snippet I see against each post is that of the first post of the thread and not that of the newest one as used to be the case earlier. The avatar that I see is that of the most recent Poster though.

yup.. it worked.. thanks

one more issue.. if gone through 200th post of any thread (for example), and after sometime, someone added a new post on the same thread, when viewing that thread through "View New Content", it takes us to the start of that thread, rather than the 201st post of the thread, as earlier, any workaround for this..

Sent from my MB525 using Tapatalk

Using Tapatalk, when I login, I see the list of threads that have new content but, the snippet I see against each post is that of the first post of the thread and not that of the newest one as used to be the case earlier. The avatar that I see is that of the most recent Poster though.

Sent from my MB525 using Tapatalk

true sir, had explored this in the middle of the night..

GR8 !!!

Arun Ji previous default in Taptalk was - last unread threads and post in those topic were last in thread with avatars, now only avatar is of new post text is fist one in thread and listing 99+

Birthday updates missing in forums index page at bottom , must be an add-on.

Attrative & More user friendly! Congrats Arun!!

One Suggestion - Image insertions can be direct cut & Paste rather than thru URL.

I have noticed the post snippet showing first post issue on Tapatalk app and I have reported it to Tapatalk developers now and hope they will release a fix for it.

Birthday updates missing in forums index page at bottom , must be an add-on.

I have enabled the birthday updates sidebar now.

I have noticed the post snippet showing first post issue on Tapatalk app and I have reported it to Tapatalk developers now and hope they will release a fix for it.

That issue seems to be happenning with normal browsers in Laptop/Desktop also. For example in most of the topic i open from Most Recent Posts on homepage, it goes to the first post of the topic even if earlier i had browsed till the last post in same topic.

:previous: Do you mean the website homepage or forum homepage?

website homepage where we have the 15 Most Recent Posts displayed..

Edited by rajanmehta

:previous: I clicked on it now and showed this page (#4) with your post on top

^ ^ ^

Yes, right now i also landed up on your post but the behaviour is erratic and not consistent it seems. I observed in last 2 days that when i clicked on post of Irresistible deals topic, i landed on first page, 90th page and on last post sometimes. Same thing with other topics. This is with Chrome browser.

It might be to do with the old format used in the home page script; have to see if it can be updated. It is a third party script which is not supported anymore by its developer that is used in the home page, so that is unrelated to the Tapatalk issue. I am planning to replace the home page script anyway with a new one from the forum developers shortly.

Also if you can change the home page. I feel it is not gelling well with other new pages. This way entire forum will have similar look and feel. Even I faced problems with links from 1st page and also from new content page. first page of the topic is loaded both.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

Edited by csmart