Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Arun

Forum Software Upgraded to IP.Board 3.2

Post upgrade the email subscription has stopped working for me.

I dont get email alerts anymore..

Resolved.. I realised notification options have got reset..

Not able to post YouTube videos let me know how.

^ ^ ^

There is no separate icon for media visible now but if you just put a youtube video link in the post, it automatically detects and shows..

I put like that yesterday and it worked.

The option to go to a particular page in a multiple page topic seems to have vanished.

When I do cnt+c and cnt+v in a jpg photo it shows in post but it won't allow me to post it. It gives error and says post too short, it works with image link.

The option to go to a particular page in a multiple page topic seems to have vanished.

Click on Page _ of _ to go desired page

OmQfp.png

Edited by Arun
Added screenshot

while logging from my fascinate, i get this option of switching to mobile version on lowest left side of the main page, but after this new software development i do see that option but it doesnt work and i get that normal screen on my handset which is very difficult to use, any help for this?

:previous: I suppose you are using Android? I notice that Android wasn't mapped in the User Agent list for the IP.Board Mobile theme. Can you check now?

Can you logout, clear cookies from browser, login after some time like next day and check if it is showing the posts in View New Content? If it still doesn't show up then I will need to do further troubleshooting through your browser using TeamViewer.

Yes m able to log out sucessfully,on left hand side below 'by content type' when i click on pages it shows Sorry, no new content found.

Please PM me when your availability time so that I can troubleshoot it in your browser using Team Viewer.

Can we have the birthday list horizontly down below the list of members online as earlier?

Birthday list is available as a sidebar only now. I think the sidebar space can be utilized for that since the side bar has free space.

And have the list of top 10 posters of the day at the same place where it was earlier? It's missing right now.

I notice that it is missing and checked with the developers. I was told that the sidebar hook for that feature was causing high server resource usage when querying the database and so it was disabled. They may come up with a lesser usage sidebar hook for the same in future releases. There is an unofficial hook which displays similar details but that is not yet updated for 3.2 by its developer.

Also what's the reason for empty space on the left and right hand side.. This space was not there in earlier version..

post-4104-0-96145200-1313871304_thumb.pn

Because of this empty space, member titles, handset names are going into two lines which was earlier accomodated in one line. Even the posting area space got reduced and something which was accomodated in one line is now spreading to two lines.

post-4104-0-51851500-1313871302_thumb.pn

Please look if it is possible by any setting to remove this empty space and stretch forum visible area till the edges of left and right screen and subsequently re-stretch member details and post area.

The space on the left and right is what makes the design looks good which is based on "fluid" width rather than "fixed" width. I tried removing the space completely (100%) now and it looked very ordinary when it was stretched to the edges. Moreover removing the space on the left/right side will not help with the text spacing or stretch the member details/post area. I will move around the member details later to find the best way to make member profile area look good as the current layout it causing the text to break into two lines as you mentioned.

Anyway I have trimmed 6% of the space on the left/right (3% each) now. Please make sure to clear your browser cache to see the new width layout as Ctrl+F5 may not remove cache for all forum pages which uses different templates.

When I do cnt+c and cnt+v in a jpg photo it shows in post but it won't allow me to post it. It gives error and says post too short, it works with image link.

Where did you Ctrl+C the image from? I hope you did not mean directly from your PC?

• Like 1

:previous:

I did ctrl+c from web browser image using firefox 6. it shows well in post window but gives error on posting.

arunji, its working absolutely fine now, was not till yesteday.thankyou for this quick response.

The space on the left and right is what makes the design looks good which is based on "fluid" width rather than "fixed" width. I tried removing the space completely (100%) now and it looked very ordinary when it was stretched to the edges. Moreover removing the space on the left/right side will not help with the text spacing or stretch the member details/post area. I will move around the member details later to find the best way to make member profile area look good as the current layout it causing the text to break into two lines as you mentioned.

Anyway I have trimmed 6% of the space on the left/right (3% each) now. Please make sure to clear your browser cache to see the new width layout as Ctrl+F5 may not remove cache for all forum pages which uses different templates.

Thanks Arun for all the hard work you do single-handedly. Really appreciate. :clap:

Yes the space has increased on left/right now and with that the posting area has also widened. Earlier line which going to 2nd line, now getting accommodated in 1 line.

Among a lot of Indian and other forums, One undisputed fact i really admire is the truly NEAT and CLEAN look of our forum with primary focus on content visibility without any distractions. And this has been consistent over a long period of time now. Credit for that is entirely yours. :thumb:

Otherwise elsewhere on many forums,

• Even before the post starts, there is an ad. :angry:
  • Then as you start reading the post, the moment your mouse hovers on a word, some infolinks popup comes up. :cursing:
  • As you go down, there are tag clouds. :nerves:
  • And the color schemes, less said the better. They are in true Jitendra style of eighties. :death:

The exact experience of browsing on such forums is like one is surrounded by 10 vendors in a fish market with each trying to get an upper hand.

I did ctrl+c from web browser image using firefox 6. it shows well in post window but gives error on posting.

Were you able to post it when you have typed text along with the image the post? Then it must be due to the minimum text limit (5 letters) as mentioned in the error message you gave. A workaround for it would be to copy the image in the post area and hit the switch button to turn off the rich text editor which will convert it into the code text.

^^ Sir I tried One full paragraph as text along with 2 images

this is the post i was trying:

-----------------------

Initially i did image post then i definately posted >5 words then one more pic

it gave post too short - it took hyperlink in this line automatically iOS 5 includes early earthquake warning notifications for Japanese iPhone users

when nothing worked - i linked image as external

quakewarning.png?w=581&h=227

Following the devestating earthquake

:previous: I copy-pasted the above from the page at 9to5mac.com with rich text editor enabled.This was how the editor looked like before replying:

w3eed.png

i have a screen shot attached below i just did now:

next i uploaded image and pasted

post-24516-0-76643200-1314173537_thumb.j

:previous: Please try drag selecting the image using left mouse button and then Ctrl+C to copy. When you right click image and copy, it copies the location path in your PC's browser cache directory and not the location path in the web page. The right click copy is meant to paste images locally in your PC like into a Word document.

looks very neat !!!

Arunji when I go in any threads I end up in its first page rather then on its last page,am I missing something here?

Also this tging happens while logging from my mobile.

To go to the last unread post in a topic that has unread posts (for which the title will show in bold characters) click the bold circle on the left:

feyBN.png

To go to the last post of any topic click the timestamp link on the right:

wob4t.png

I am using Google Chrome...

Why my id & password doesn't get saved???

:thumb:

the whole new look is really refreshing arun!

I am using Google Chrome... Why my id & password doesn't get saved???

Checked in Chrome by selecting "Remember me" in the login window and I was able to access later after closing/opening Chrome without logging in.

:previous: um, what actually is the issue that you are facing? I thought you wanted to stay logged in?

I want that my id & password shud be saved by default on google chrome.....

Like it was before but not now.....

I have to type my id & password again even if i tick "Remember me" option......