Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
suvirajshetty

Will Reliance shut down CDMA voice services?

Its seems voice on RCDMA will be shut..voice subscribers will eventually be moved to RGSM.May be in 2013 when they will build a robost GSM network... CDMA will only be for EVDO data.

Edited by suvirajshetty

Source of your info?

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

Rcma Will Be Shut Down?

typo : you mean RCDMA.

Also mention the source of the info, if any :P

no source...seems the way for rcom...its not viable for any operator to sustain with dual network..nor rcom is keen on expanding 1x network despite of repeated complains from customers..even tata is doing the same..tata is removing cdma towers for their GSM purpose.

Edited by suvirajshetty

Speculation. But may be true at a later date.

Sent from my MB525 using Tapatalk

I don't hope so, the present cdma base is there niche market, when they try to move them in gsm, most probably they will lose customer as the competition in gsm is more. They are still offering good voice based plan, like unlimited onnet , in contrary they are not offering attractive voice based plan

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

May be possible the way reliance going.

They have diff license for both the services, so I don't think so, Expansion can be done only if they have license to expand.

Keeping CDMA for EVDO is sense less when u can give voice service too.

Reliance is working out because of cheap voice calls on CDMA network

Also they have increased roaming rates and call charges for new gsm customers whereas for CDMA it's still the same.

So It's just a rumor

Edited by parin

RGSM network coverage is very poor.

People are already switching from RCDMA to other Networks future of Reliance seems uncertain.

I hv heard they are giving Zero Rental plans for RCDMA in retention.

the probability of this possibility seems remote. this sounds more like a statement that GSM is the technology of future hence CDMA customers will be moved there :wOOtjumpy::smiley-bounce022::icon_rofl:

and countries like USA & China havent realized yet.

if service isnt good in some places thats hardly a parameter to say how is in rest of the circles.

billion dollar companies like MTS & Virgin have started with CDMA service in India, instead of GSM like they already have in Russia & Europe respectively.

i m sure Reliance already knows that potential and wouldnt let go of the precious revenue.

Just hope it is a rumour since the kind of voice quality that I have on the CDMA network, I cannot hope for in GSM

Even if it does, there's mts to fall back on. Mts seems to move in the right direction now. And future of cdma in india is in their hand.. They've reiterated time and again that they are concentrating only on cdma not like tata or reliance keeping one leg in each. Cheap tariffs, good network, very good customer service. Only thing missing is data plans. I hope they fix it soon. and btw, i'm a doctor. I'm in no way connected to mts. :-)

LOL... In your dreams !!!

Such decisions must be accepted by board members.

Bcoz RCDMA still give more revenue than RGSM.

Will never happen, They cant shut down CDMA. They will keep acquiring new CDMA and GSM Customer and keep existing CDMA as it is.

When they have something to earn, why will they shut?? They will keep EVDO as well though.

Stop Dreaming !

6.5 mhz in CDMA / 850 is precious band and they will leverage it to max for next 5 years!

and by the way in 2015 CDMA and even GSM will die and people will move to WCDMA / HSPA / EVDO (Voice on EV) and LTE

• Like 1

no source.....even tata is doing the same..tata is removing cdma towers for their GSM purpose.

Where are they replacing CDMA towers with GSM ones?

Hetal ji has thrown light on this to clear doubts.

• Like 1

and by the way in 2015 CDMA and even GSM will die and people will move to WCDMA / HSPA / EVDO (Voice on EV) and LTE

Is bhavishya vani ke liye Dudho nahao aur Puto phalo aur tumhare muh me ghee shakkar !!! Thoda jaldi jaldi lao isko..

• Like 2

May be Google will buy them out to and start hardware software and provide services too :grinning: that way they will beat apple to it

RCdma shutting down voice services will NEVER happen, especially when their current GSM network + call quality is :doh:

Edited by KanagaDeepan

Mr suviraj who started this post is silent

Where are you brother

Lol

I think this was UR frustration towards reliance

Sent from my Thunderbolt

I think it is true. In Kerala RCDMA and Tata indicom are only dealing with EVDO data cards, they are even terminated 1x data card business, all reliance CDMA shops are now dealing with GSM products, all true value shops and true value hubs of tata indicom are closed, a few existing tata shops are converted to docomo 3G experience zones, no good bundled CDMA handsets are available in the mobile shops except the low cost models, no recharge coupons are available anywhere except a few shops in major cities that too Rs 10 & Rs 20 only, large coupons like Rs 50 & Rs 100 became extinct, no new CDMA tower, existing CDMA towers are loaded with GSM transceivers, no advertisement in media. But the consolatory thing is that new MTS stores are opening everywhere, they are doing good CDMA business.

^^

I don't think they will close down cdma business, may be they will focus on gsm acquisitions more. cdma will focus on data alone.

btw i'm shifting my 20+ rcom cdma connections to tata cdma. rcom customer service has become pathetic these days. tata cdma got better sme plans when compared to rcom. moreover cug between docomo & fwt is possible now after the merger.

i guess CDMA will be closed eventually coz i can see places where RGCM has coverage but CDMA doesnt.

and now a day RCDMA is not coming up with bundle offer for handsets.this is sure shot sign of things to come.