Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
suvirajshetty

Will Reliance shut down CDMA voice services?

So that sumsup Guys,,RCDMA will die...

Edited by suvirajshetty

:previous:

As i said before... in your dreams !!! :Kill:

Some one should be MAD to do this :suicide:

Fully agreed with Hitesh

I think this topic is being pondered endlessly.

No CDMA operator is winding up.

It is just that they will not make further investment in Infrastructure of CDMA.

They will try to garner as much spectrum as possible in the GSM 2G bands and then offer goodies to voice subscribers to port to GSM.

They will use the CDMA primarily for fastest possible EVDO format because those are software upgradation and does not require infrastructure modifications.

Any EVDO format at 800/850 Mhz will have inherent advantages of better penetration as compared to any technology based on 2100 Mhz.

They expect to give better indoor coverage then competing technologies

It is their long term planning. Just wait and watch

Sorry to bump up old topic but I notice similar tactics on tata indicom CDMA and rcdma is also looting us all with top up stv and all.

Both guys keep doing major promotions in gsm but none so ever in CDMA.

I feel both rcdma and tata CDMA are on it.

Offer better plans on gsm and ignore CDMA

Slowly people will give up an get switched to gsm

So this guy get 850 MHz spectrum free and under latest telecom policy , you can use your spectrum for any service.

Whether its lte or evdo or anything.

So all this refarmed spectrum is for whatever they wish to do.

Basically these CDMA guys are doing spectrum re farming.

Nothing else.

Well they already could have implemented EVDO in all 50000 towers but could not now we think they will write off / scarp 22000 crorer invested in CDMA and again Implement 20000 crore for LTE hehehehe Day Dreaming

Bhai,

But future path is LTE And Verizon is already pushing for LTE and more importantly VoLTE. Let's see how our guys do it.

See sprint. Poor guys tried so hard to push WiMAX and see where thy are. Finally switched to LTE and slowly will transition to VoLTE.

i agree with ashok for LTE related view.

and TRUELY experince of path set by tata cdma to shut.

my experince is as below

first

mnp to cdma not processed( presily INP docomo gsm to docomo cdma)

then

network start crumbeling

then

no support for EVDO and OMH card.

then

removed all distributor for cdma, which made sim card and rechagre rarely available in market

then

stopped WALKY prepaid business.

then

calling cdma customer to port to GSM network with freebies.

lg also stop making cdma handsets

LTE has long way to go - where are handsets? Also LTE has biggest problem to address, i.e. battery life.

Verizon earns 3 billion in netprofit every quarter, they charge $ 80 to $ 130 as monthly contract commitments, Market cap of Verizon is $120 Billion and reliance is $4

in simple word Verizon is worth Rs 672000 crore and RCOM 20000

Verizon earns 57000 Crores every year RCOM earns Rs 2400 every year

Sud we compare

I am more worried for that DOT proposal of charging market rate for existing CDMA specrum held for the remaining license period.

I guess if this goes through it will become totally economically unviable for Tata and RCOMM to offer CDMA services as they will pay have to pay billions.

Are we going to see a planned mercy killing (euthanasia) for CDMA in india?

Secondly cdma business except in few contry is on verge of dying. There also gsm captured maximum market share.

Sent from my HuaweiU8300 using Tapatalk

I am more worried for that DOT proposal of charging market rate for existing CDMA specrum held for the remaining license period.

I guess if this goes through it will become totally economically unviable for Tata and RCOMM to offer CDMA services as they will pay have to pay billions.

Are we going to see a planned mercy killing (euthanasia) for CDMA in india?

This is what I am saying , these CDMA networks are being made ready for euthanasia. Companies are being forced to do that with license fees and company them-self is propagating gsm over CDMA.

All points to euthanasia only.

DOT proposal of charging market rate for existing CDMA specrum held for the remaining license period may not be fruitful as it will be against the initial license terms and conditions and there is every chance for the CDMA players may not be burdened with new prices if they go to court of law.

RCDMA network is awesome in mumbai and may be accross india...and the voice quality and call clarity is too good compared to GSM...

and people are there in CDMA are not willing to change to GSM for any technical reason...i dont think they will shut down CDMA business

as there GSM is very poor...if they shut CDMA...they will be out from Mobile companies race...

RCom Falls Back On CDMA To Counter 4G Reliance Communications is planning to increase focus on CDMA services in all circles but especially so in the circles where it does not hold 3G spectrum.

RCom has 3G spectrum in 13 circles of Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, Punjab, Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh, West Bengal, Himachal Pradesh, Bihar, Orissa, Assam, North East and Jammu & Kashmir. The company also has all-India CDMA spectrum.

CDMA has been on the decline in the country, with MTS being the only pure-play CDMA operator around. Besides MTS, Tata DoCoMo and Reliance Communications have both CDMA and GSM operations. Both Tata and Reliance have been strategizing to find a viable solution for their CDMA operations. Most of the CDMA operators have a strong presence in the datacard segment.

A key challenge faced by the CDMA telcos in the country is the lack of devices. However, Reliance believes that most the new devices would support multi-mode technologies.

Since CDMA is a strong data technology, increased focus on CDMA could enable RCom to compete better in a mobile broadband market where 4G has just entered the fray. While Bharti Airtel is the only telco to have launched 4G network till date, other telcos are likely to launch their 4G networks soon enough. Non-4G telcos are therefore pressured to come up with strategies to stay put in the data game.

Source : http://www.lightreading.in/lightreadingindia/news-analysis/287464/rcom-falls-cdma-counter-4g

RCom Falls Back On CDMA To Counter 4G Reliance Communications is planning to increase focus on CDMA services in all circles but especially so in the circles where it does not hold 3G spectrum.

RCom has 3G spectrum in 13 circles of Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, Punjab, Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh, West Bengal, Himachal Pradesh, Bihar, Orissa, Assam, North East and Jammu & Kashmir. The company also has all-India CDMA spectrum.

CDMA has been on the decline in the country, with MTS being the only pure-play CDMA operator around. Besides MTS, Tata DoCoMo and Reliance Communications have both CDMA and GSM operations. Both Tata and Reliance have been strategizing to find a viable solution for their CDMA operations. Most of the CDMA operators have a strong presence in the datacard segment.

A key challenge faced by the CDMA telcos in the country is the lack of devices. However, Reliance believes that most the new devices would support multi-mode technologies.

Since CDMA is a strong data technology, increased focus on CDMA could enable RCom to compete better in a mobile broadband market where 4G has just entered the fray. While Bharti Airtel is the only telco to have launched 4G network till date, other telcos are likely to launch their 4G networks soon enough. Non-4G telcos are therefore pressured to come up with strategies to stay put in the data game.

Source : http://www.lightreading.in/lightreadingindia/news-analysis/287464/rcom-falls-cdma-counter-4g

I dont believe this

As far as I know RCOM is not even laying cable and have frozen all its capex expansion plan after the deal with RJIO

• Like 1

Its good for chennai TN circle, where they don't have 3g license.

Only HP on here can confirm if RCom is going to kill/phase out CDMA voice

Rest of us can only speculate

^^^

Many days back he already said, nothing gona change also it will improve only

tapatalking.....

I will just give one answer....

Untill and unless we dont stop importing phones...nothing will happen to reliance.

And HP is boss so dont worry.

Sent from my VS950 4G using Tapatalk 2

At the most it can goto MDA, which means still better future...