Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
::: VA :::

Chinese Phone With One Year On-Site Warranty On Ebay

I recently bought a Imobile phone, a Chinese handset with proper IMEI no. for someone known to me.

The charm was to get TV playing on a phone worth Rs.2,900/-

It was shocking to me that the description read the phone comes with One year On-Site Warranty.

I did not believe they have service agents in every city. The moment I noticed an issue with the phone

I mailed the seller who tried to give me solution through email for two days. On the third day when I

said that I am still not satisfied with the resolution. The guy offered for a replacement as per the

warranty and same afternoon the phone was picked up by Blue dart on seller's expense.

I was more than impressed at the professional service quality offered by a seller who is giving only

Chinese phones that too of such low value.

What I intend to bring notice to here is the fact that the phones bought on this forum could also offer

such on site pick up one year warranty if the issue is not solved online by the seller. After all

most of the handsets dealt here are of value more than 5-10 times of the phone I mentioned above.

I would like to strongly suggest this to the seller's on this forum. It would add to the credibility for new

buyers who are skeptic knowing there isnt manufacturer's warranty on these products.

I request other fellow members of this forum to come forward and show support for this.

Link to the phone as requested :

http://cgi.ebay.in/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200640280081

Edited by ::: VA :::
  • Like 5

I fully agree with the post above. Offering some kind of warranty/free service for issues that can occur within one year of purchase will certainly go a long way in persuading buyers into purchasing from this forum.However, this may lead to a slight hike in the prices of the phones since the seller would be required to attend to defects and even replace a phone that can go bad as a result of hardware issues / software issues not related to "unauthorised" programming by the user.

I also think Saddik is offering some kind of one year warranty for all phones bought from him but then I would require him to confirm on this.

What's link to that gem post it ...

What's link to that gem post it ...

Added in the first post :hypocrite:

@VA... He is excellent seller.. i also bought 2 handsets around 1 yrs back, he's given full support. That guy's name is Yogen Ved frm Vadodara..

The features of the mobile looks impressive and I am tempted........................

If all the promises given by the seller are kept ( hope they keep promises on ebay) it may be the best feature rich phone. But the life of the phone after one year............ but why even costly phones lost for little over a year in many cases. Take the case of my Samsung Corby. In less than a year the display is gone. The dealer said it is due to water ingress and rejected warranty. I paid Rs.2000 for repairs.

So this mobile may be worth every paisa of its price. I will try to get a gsm number first.

@VA... He is excellent seller.. i also bought 2 handsets around 1 yrs back, he's given full support. That guy's name is Yogen Ved frm Vadodara..

Yeah thats the guy!!!

The features of the mobile looks impressive and I am tempted........................

If all the promises given by the seller are kept ( hope they keep promises on ebay) it may be the best feature rich phone. But the life of the phone after one year............ but why even costly phones lost for little over a year in many cases. Take the case of my Samsung Corby. In less than a year the display is gone. The dealer said it is due to water ingress and rejected warranty. I paid Rs.2000 for repairs.

So this mobile may be worth every paisa of its price. I will try to get a gsm number first.

You should check this link as well, as I bought two phones and i liked this one better. The touch quality, two batteries at one time & other accessories, same price.

http://cgi.ebay.in/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250875474068&ssPageName=ADME:B:PPOPN:IN:1123

I liked this one more.

Guys please click rep_up.png if you like the post.

Many Thanks :signthankspin:

• Like 2

But I don't think its possible for our imported CDMA handsets... Sellers are already giving good support, not so big margin (most sellers main FULL-TIME job IS NOT SELLING MOBILES and are doing like a friendly service only), day/night help via online chat, net expenses, spending their precious time with operators for MEID reg/EVDO activations (THIS IS HARDER PART and can't be compared with ebay items)...

Like DK ji said earlier, they are selling Benz at the cost of Maruti and now if we want BENZ like after sales service, then we cant expect these special price...

Further for heaven's sake, please don't compare the cheap Rs200/KG chinese-EXTRA_HIGH_SAR_Rated phones with the phones sold by our sellers here...

Just my two cents...

But I don't think its possible for our imported CDMA handsets... Sellers are already giving good support, not so big margin (most sellers main FULL-TIME job IS NOT SELLING MOBILES and are doing like a friendly service only), day/night help via online chat, net expenses, spending their precious time with operators for MEID reg/EVDO activations (THIS IS HARDER PART and can't be compared with ebay items)... Like DK ji said earlier, they are selling Benz at the cost of Maruti and now if we want BENZ like after sales service, then we cant expect these special price... Further for heaven's sake, please don't compare the cheap Rs200/KG chinese-EXTRA_HIGH_SAR_Rated phones with the phones sold by our sellers here... Just my two cents...

My dear friend no need to bring heavens down here. nobody has compared any handsets here. This topic is specifically about AFTER SALES SERVICE and its possibilities.

Also biggest sellers like Sadik Bhai who is also a friend, are doing this as full time job. Hence I am just seeking Seller's opinion here for all of us buyer's benefit.

all the top brands are made or assembled in China. mobiles,laptops etc so wont come as a surprise that the chinese guys to compete have started warranty!

+1 to your topic and idea mate...

i don't know if its practically possible for sellers here or not..

but would be more den happy if implemented by any rimweb seller any time in future... :)

yeah, even I am thinking of buying this!! with this kind of warranty assurance, the phone will be a good buy!!! guys any further ideas/ advice??

+1 dear Vandan. :)

It will be really appreciated if sellers here try to provide some kind of warranty to fellow members. Providing warranty on handsets will definetely add to sellers reputation on the forum. :)

The second link given by you (GFive) seems to be a good option. As Gfive is now a days emerging as a hot seller in India. Gfive was known to be the second largest mobile seller in India in 2010. :)

yeah, even I am thinking of buying this!! with this kind of warranty assurance, the phone will be a good buy!!! guys any further ideas/ advice??

go for g-five

Could the starting sound(tone) of G-Five mobiles can be switched off or changed? Its very very irritating to hear that loud and long tone while switch-on the GFive mobiles.

(Im not using, for my friend )

And Other Tip please:

Is there any good phone with GSM+CDMA in the Ebay India. Price around 3000/-

And Other Tip please:

Is there any good phone with GSM+CDMA in the Ebay India. Price around 3000/-

Samsung guru dual is the best choice if you go for branded one, its roughly 3,498/- (gsm + cdma)

@VA

Thanks buddy. Im also looking that phone. Will update if i buy Guru W 139.

My advise would be to add another 3K or so, and get a real Nexus One.

Nexus one, though almost 3 years old now, is still an awesome phone.. much better and other phones in this price range.

Don't fall for this seemingly cheap Chinese phone; not worth IMO.

I got impressed this touch phone from that ebay seller from Vadodara, OP mentioned,

Battery image shows 1600mAh. Is it worth to try? member's inputs please.

http://cgi.ebay.in/D...=item35b15ac657

@xuketo. Thats right friend. They look so nice but wont really worth the money spend. And has many issues like service support and spares.