Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Kumar22

Does Freedom Plan 650 Have Unlimited Surfing

Hi,

Reliance Freedom Plan 650 says 1 GB bundled data exchange! What does this mean? Earlier they in the press release said unlimited surfing with 1 GB data download. What is the status. Can we take that web surfing/viewing is unlimited however the restriction of 1 GB is on data download. Is it correct or else every page view/surfing will also be a part of 1 GB data exchange.? Is the limit placed on usage of bandwidth or amount of data downloaded. The customer care is giving contradictory/unconvincing replies to the questions? Freedom Plan 650 users WHAT IS THE ACTUAL STATUS?

1gb holds the amount of data downloaded thru rconnect in anyway.

Browsing, file download, everything comes under data exchange...

No matter how u use it, the total data exchange should limit within 1gb or else u get charged extra /mb

Right! They are cheating people saying unlimited surfing. This is truly unfair. I feel the BSNL line with 499/- fixed rental with no restrictions is far better. . They are giving unlimited usage only you have to pay ISP charges per hour which works to Rs. 5/- hour. Of course the speed is the bottleneck.

Anyway may I have an idea what is speed we may expect in Rconnect? Is it 144 Kbps. What has been the average speed for browsing and that of download.?

And I am also hearing they are restricting the access with prefixed credit limit of Rs.1000/-. Is that true.? If they are charging Rs. 650 as rental why another restriction.? Rconnect is supposed to be commitment for 1 GB then why do they seek this type o control/restriction, which is almost like pay per usage.?

If the credit limit control as I have been hearing is correct, then it amounts to cheating the customer and trapping him in Reliance Web through False Advertisements? Is there somebody who may redress this greivance or is it like Bear The Brunt since you have fallen in the trap? Just think what would have happened if BSNL, Tata, Airtel, Hutch etch would have not been in the competition? The customer would have been cruelly butchered.? Is TRAI listening or it is just another helpless spectator like us.

If your town/city has access to Broadband connection, then it is always better to get them than R-Connect as your primary connection. R-Connect is best suited for users with laptops or where only dial up connections are only available. The Freedom plan comes with 1 GB bandwidth limit, but I havent heard anything like "credit limit of Rs.1000/-" as you have said in your post. Can you throw more light on that issue, inluding from where you have heard it ?

i don't think 24 hours surfing would cross 1GB limit

It entirely depends upon what you surf. Some people may end up 1 GB in just a couple of days, itself while 1 GB could be more than enough for 1 month for some. It depends on your usage.

Please have a look at the similar topic being discussed on this forum .

The topic of the discussion is (topic=3119)

R-connect Platinum Plan & Unbilled Amount, unlimited plan with unbilled amount high..

I understand more than few customers are facing the problem. People have faced this problem even in R-connect Platinum Plan as well then what to say of simple Freedom Plan.

my friend surf;s for 16 hours daily, mostly with images, he has not yet cross 800Mb in a month

27397[/snapback]

i think he is using a single browser window and not a tabbed one like firefox or myie2

Guys as arun mentioned earlier it all depends on your usage..

For some 1 gb would be more than enough and for some others it wouldnt be enough for a day...

For an ordinary dial up user, who uses net jus for checking mails or so would find this plan enough

But for heaving downloaders, ppl who are after mp3's or are a net freak, doesnt find comfortable in this plan.. So better opt a broadband or choose the platinum plan :clap:

Hello friends,

R-Connect is a trap for the customers. They have in mind the mobile business people or mp3 freaks who they feel will overshoot the limit and suddenly will be bombarded with astronomical bills.They wish to make you net addict and they ensure that you pay through your nose, as they will never tell you when you have finished the limit.

I went to Reliance Administrative Office, asked them to kindly indicate as how the customer knows what's the usage. They say keep calling customer care frequently. I am afraid the customer care and may be they may not get updated date.

I asked them can't you ensure that the customer is sent an SMS only weekly basis about the limit he has exhausted and the free limit he may avail.This shall be great help to customer as he will be warned in advance about the usage especially after so many complaint.

You rather let him exceed the limit/rather ensure that he always exceeds the limit and then put him in trouble by giving exhorbitant bills , catching the customer unawares. Please do inform the customer at weekly intervals. I was told it was not possible and cannot be done.

I was suprised they can call you frequently, sms you regularly to pay bills, about credit limits, send disconnection notices through sms and all other stuff to trouble the trapped customer but they can't help him by giving information with transparency.

R-connect advertisement high speed unlimited surfing is to ensure many fall prey. This seems unfair as neither it is unlimited nor the speed high ( it just maches well configured dialup).

They have no system to check the usage/let the customer know how much he has used.

I afraid even the utilities we may apply to check data usage may not match or may not tally with reliance or may not be accepted by them

The customer may underuse the limit to ensure that he does not exceed the limit.

This 1 GB with unlimited/and even unlimited is a big trap. Beware friends and the customer care it seems is " CUSTOMER DARE- to ask any uncomfortable queries." They may say if you do'nt like do'nt use but let others fall in the trap, after all we have spent huge amount on networks.

Harp on the customer care that they inform the user on weekly basis about the usage. I hope this is fairly reasonable demand or let them enable a data usage counter (which is available on the mobile phone of user). Alaas! things cannot be made so transparent.

I sincerely wish & hope they come with a prepaid card for unlimited usage with data usage checking facility on mobile.

Please don't think I am biased. I just mean please beware and be wise. Let reliance understand our concerns.

Edited by Kumar22

I have used 3 dyas 16 hrs and its 750mb,.

27528[/snapback]

wow.... so much for the 1gb...

well, we atleast we know our usage patterns now...and pick a plan that would be aprop...

Downloading is not included!

CAN U REALLY CROSS 1 whole GB only in surfing (no downloading) Strange we use IE6 SP2.......it just unbleivabel to cross 1 GB in only surfing! But than god know's how ppl use it!

Well i guess any internet user will download anything or the other.. isnt it ?

Well downloading is involved in browsing too ??

Dont u download pages, images ?

They all eat ur bandwidth...

most importantly ADVERTISEMENTS, POPUPS's

Everything has its share in your bandwidth

Even the slightest query, a small ping is also counted in your bandwidth :clap:

The average per hour works out to 5-6 MB per hour for surfing (multi-tabbed). I mean average....

So that means roughly 5 odd hours per day of surfing, no way 24hrs!

If one connects ONLY Messengers (Yahoo, MSN, etc), then maybe 24hrs is possible, but only just.

So its as per usage. The newer plan - Rs. 900 for 1.5 GB is aimed at the 'multi-tabbed' surfer I guess.

Wait for broadband, coz with Reliance broadband coming up, they are bound to reduce RConnect rates.

Happy (controlled) surfing!

check this out...1gb data transfer in two DAYS flat !! :angry::D

Capture1.jpg

im not sayin everybody uses this much...jus how much we CAN...

its been a marathon session...2 days and still going :D found some good torrents :D

after 24 hrs the "duration" in the dialer window starts from 0 again...so its actually 48 hrs 14 mins

what im wonderin is does RIL mean both upload AND download when they say "data transfer" ?...if BOTH are to be counted, the data transfer is nearly 2GB in two DAYS !!! that means the 1 gb mark can be crossed in ONE DAY !! !!

bottomline is ...the 1 gb d/l limit is so very low...dont fall for it.

data transfer includes upload and download

Apart from surfing, if you download dedicatedly, the amount of data recieved (and sent) ranges from anywhere between 15MB to 30MB per hour.

So, its simple - Freedom plan for surfers, and Platinum for downloaders.

Even here, I have Freedom plan, I surf and locate downloadable items, then I tell my friend (who has the Platinum plan), and he downloads it.

All r thinking of heavy donwloads and want relinace to come up with cheaper unlimited but i was some lower plans like just rs. 325 with 500mb downlaods + uploads as i only chat and surf. i use it nearly 50hrs a month and i cna manage it in 500mb. so i need a plan for rs. 325 with 500mb just what i require more is a site where relaince tells me my usage and i dont need to keep the report. well guys how does this sound?

true enough....i agree customers need a variety of plans from which they can choose from...infact, nearly half of us might fall in to the low_usage catogary

i hope reliance too knows this...

I got a better idea, why not have a fixed price of 50 paise or 65 paise or whatever per MB. That ways, its going to be really flexible. For this Reliance can also have a minimum stipulated billing, like Rs. 250-300 maybe. Because currently, the Rs. 5/MB after the Freedom plan usage is complete is a little too steep.

What say folks? And also, any way in which we can get our ideas across to the Reliance people. They just might like some of them (honestly, it works sometimes).