Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
rajanmehta

Samsung Ch@ton Messenger Announced : Cross Platform Free Service

Samsung Announces Ch@tOn Messenger: Cross Platform Free Service

Source

Official Link: Still texting? Check out Ch@tON

info_Chat-On.jpg

Samsung today announced the launch its own cross-platform messaging service called Ch@tOn. It will be available in more than 120 countries supporting up to 62 languages and will be work on almost every device from feature phones to smartphones. A PC/Tablet client is also in works and will be shown at IFA.

Ch@tOn provides two options for users depending on the type of phone they are using. A basic functionality option is available for feature phone users who prefer simple and easy usage, allowing users to share text, pictures and calendars from an easy-to-access client.

Smartphone users can enjoy advanced feature options. They can allow users to see how often they communicate with their buddies using the Interaction Rank feature, as well as post comments on buddies’ profile pages.

Users will be able to have a 1:1 conversation, group chat, group messaging and even share images, videos, voice messages, contacts over the platform.

It will be available gradually across all devices such as smartphones, tablets and laptops after the showcase at IFA 2011.

Check out following Video Demo released by Samsung:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMPEm147BPo

Edited by rajanmehta
  • Like 1

wooowww...!!!

Whatsapp :bash: Ch@tOn

Does it have 1 year clause like WhatsApps!!???

i have till now really not understood by CROSS platform?

and if phone is having smart phone feature then it must be having basic function, then why they said "two option depending on user"

@ Saket Cross Platform means that it will work on all mobile devices regardless of the operating system it is running on - symbian, android, ios, windows phone, whatever.

Now available for download in Android Market >> https://market.andro...e=search_result

Installed but it's not sending the SMS verification code.. May be because my phone is registered in Do Not Call registry or initial glitch in Samsung server..

Tried it to my surprise got 1 friend as well

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

I installed just now to check and despite of complaints regarding verification sms, I got sms in seconds. Yet to find buddy to check though.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk

need to have 2.2 onwards still using 2.1 on fasciante require help to upgrade to 2.3 or so on my fascinate

looks good in terms of feature lets see what samsung can pull off

Even i tried it without any problems.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Now available for download in Android Market >> https://market.andro...e=search_result

Installed but it's not sending the SMS verification code.. May be because my phone is registered in Do Not Call registry or initial glitch in Samsung server..

This app is incompatible with all of your devices.

when is blackberry version of this coming

On my phone network timed out very often then reboot only make it connect to server

I use viber and skype. Don't see any reason to have another software. Let's see how many of my friends switch, will decide then.

Sent from my MB525 using Tapatalk

may be due to NDCC or DND my Confirmation SMS not comming

I am in Do Not Call Registry but confirmation code came finally after one day of multiple try.

Dnd is not the problem, me too in Dnd yet got confirmation sms in seconds. I am under 100% Dnd, none is excluded

Even i have got my confirmation msg instantly ...