Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
rajanmehta

MTS Launches Two Budget CDMA Android Smartphones In India

MTS Launches Two Budget CDMA Android Smartphones in India

Source

image117.jpg

MTS India today announced the launch of two budget Android smartphones in the country. Both the smartphones have been priced under INR 5,000. These smartphone will be available in the month of September along with several tariff plans. Exact pricing of each of the smartphone is yet to be declared.

image119-150x150.jpgimage108-150x150.jpg

MTS LiveWire MTS MTag 3.1

Dubbed as MTS MTAG 3.1 and MTS LiveWire, these smartphones are MTS’ attempt to take Android to the masses.

MTS MTag 3.1 has been manufactured by Huawei and comes with 2.8 inch capacitive touch display[240X320 pixels resolution], 3.2 MP camera, 3.5mm jack.

On the other hand, MTS LiveWire comes from ZTE’s den and features 2.8 inch resistive display, 3.2 MP camera, 256MB RAM, Android 2.2 and 600MHz processor. It is same phone, which has been earlier released in India as Dell XCD28, but with CDMA support.

good initiative by MTS. BTW both handset are EVDO Rev. A enabled.

Kuduos to MTS India :clap: these devices are good for smartphone / android beginners and at this price point it's a steal.

MTS MTAG 3.1 is rebranded Huawei C8511 and MTS Livewire is ZTE N600. Between the two, go for the Huawei one.

There is another phone which I saw with the local MTS distributor is a Fly make white body, full touch, windows mobile,1300mah battery. I was tempted to buy for the great looks of it.

Edited by thilak.kmb

Good news that MTS is coming up with better handset options including smartphones that too at low prices.

Their marketing strategy is really good.

I don't know when Rip Van Winkle (TataIndicom) will wake up :sleep1:

nice work i guess after long time any cdma operator has some long term plans to build their subscriber base for long term efficient returns on their investments i like the Russian financial IQ ......Nice move wait and see how it responds...tanks for sharing rajan bhai... just a query is it OMH....

unless mts offer freebies

or cheap plan for using internet on these handset, it will be not wise decision to buy these phone.

Currently MTS charge rs 2/mb and no plan available for smart phone. but you can use any recharge voucher made for Mblaze, like Rs 999 unlimited(12GB high speed)

they shud come up with plan which GSM operator provides, like Rs 100 for 2~3GB/month

Also

I would like tell that instead of MTS locked handset, prefer buying huawei C7300 with EVDO support from OMH sim.

@Dpak nope, these phones will be locked to MTS network in all likelihood (just like Micromax EG333 with Tata Indicom.)

Check out www.omhworld.com/devices for OMH compliant phones.

^^^

OMHworld's all phones are available in India?

Thanks for the info rajan bhai...

nice to hear that some is interested to grow android market in India

@ Sougata Not all of them are available locally but if you ship one from abroad it will work on any CDMA network here without any hassle.

without any good data pack all efforts go in vain !

Jabardast MTS....Lage raho...Jab se MTS aaya hai hame khushkhabri sunne ko mil rahi hai..Nokia CDMA Smart phone ke to hum sirf sapne dekhte rahe hai.. I hat Nokia..kyoki 6275 ke baad hum good phone ke liye bahut tarse hai..Samsung...Motorola..ne nokia ko kafi peeche chhod diya hai.

What a super news.

Looks like CDMA lovers can settle for one of the above phone and Rs 96.99 for 2 GB dataplan from MTS and can have a nice time all the month

@

Venkatagiri

Its 97.99,not 96.99

is dis 97.99 recharge available in delhi also ??

someone pls confirm .........

when are the above phones going to be launched in AP.

By the way MTS website is not working properly , any one noticed

@

Venkatagiri

Its 97.99,not 96.99

here most of retailers are not ready to recharge with this amount.

They said such amount does not exist. MTS has not given any details to us. HOW to enter 4.99? it may get recharged with Rs499..

Does MTS have communicated to dealer about these amount? Do they have any printed leaflet for this.

MTS website not showing these details.

MTS announces MTS Livewire and MTag 3.1 Pricing With Bundled Voice-SMS-Data Plans

Source

MTS-Livewire-and-MTS-MTag-3.1.jpg

MTS has finally revealed the pricing details for its two new Android smartphone that were announced back in August. These smartphones are MTs Livewire and MTS MTag 3.1.

Starting with ZTE manufactured MTS Livewire, it can be bought for INR 4,999 on pay as you go aka prepaid plans, while Huawei built MTS Mtag 3.1 will cost INR 5,499.

If you want to opt for postpaid plans, MTS has announced 1 year contract plans for both the handsets.

Here are the PLAN Details..

post-4104-0-68487900-1317731001_thumb.jp

@avishekgosh is that plan available pan India? Cust care in tm doesn't hav n idea..

@saket

Retailers should put a point beside the amount...

i.e. if anyone want to recharge with 4.99..retailers should write 4,then put a point(.) & after the point put 99....then it becomes 4.99...its very easy....there is no chance of recharging 499....

@gpkumaran

As per my knowledge these evdo plans were not introduced for pan India till now....its 1st launched in West Bengal.

But it will soon launch in all other circles also...if i got any update regarding this,i will post that....

Price and tariff mentioned by Rajan Bhai for MTS android smart phones are now available in MTS website.

Also includes list of stores where available.

i have seen MTS livewire yesterday in mts store.

Handset is really good.

I can rate 9.5/10

My review after handling phone for 15 minute

performance 9/10

looks 9/10

feature 9/10

cost 10/10.

WIFI hot spot is really great feature at this price.

Also bundling offer is great

Only thing which is cons

just 2.8" screen

Even though it is resistive, with use of stick, it can be overlooked.

The shop was not having mtag phone with him, so couldn't check out.

Curious about the battery performance of these handsets. Request update from actual users on this.

• Like 1

i bought Mtag few days back.

its a great phone. and suggest all to go for it.. price/perfomance/looks/ easy of use ---- are 9/10. only problem is battery.

the offer is good but if the data would be 300mb/month it would had been better.

the touch screen of Mtag is far better than Livewire. all applications like whatsapp, viber, tango works perfectly well.

Data on roaming was very good and had no problems in roaming.

conclusion: go for it........