Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
alugobi

MTS India Launches CDMA EV-DO Rev.B Phase-II Network‎ - MBlaze Ultra with 9.8 Mbps speed

HISTORY BY MTS

MTS India CDMA Mobile and EVDO data service operator today created history by launching world’s first CDMA EV-DO Rev.B Phase II network in India which offers 9.8. Mbps data speed.

This announcement marks the beginning of a phased roll out, wherein the company would be launching the advanced Rev.B Phase II network in their home circle, Rajasthan.

Jaipur is going to be first city to be covered with EVDO Rev B Phase II network, followed by top metros and other key cities across India. Enjoy

The Hindu Business Line

New Delhi, Sept. 1

Sistema Shyam TeleServices on Thursday announced the launch of ultra-speed wireless broadband promising speeds of up to 9.8 mbps. This is the fastest wireless broadband speeds available in the country so far. Sistema Shyam, which offers mobile services under the MTS brand, has been able to do this by deploying EVDO Revision B, which is the latest version of CDMA technology.

Mr Vsevolod Rozanov, President & Chief Executive Officer, MTS India said, “This historic launch will redefine the way customers experience mobile broadband as we roll out MBlaze Ultra across India.”

CDMA EV-DO Rev.B Phase-I network is present in several countries across the world including Japan, Norway, Indonesia, Sweden, South Korea and Ukraineamong others. However, MTS India is credited to be the first telecom company in the world to commercially launch the CDMA EV-DO Rev.B Phase II network.

To avail the services customers need to pay Rs. 4599 to get an MBlaze Ultra dongle. Additionally, they will get 1 GB data usage per month for six months. Customers can also purchase the MBlaze Ultra device for Rs. 2499. Monthly rental plans have been made available starting at Rs. 629. As an introductory offer, all customers purchasing MBlaze Ultra in the first month of launch will get 50 percent extra usage for lifetime.

Initially, the service has been launched in Jaipur as part of a phased roll-out. The company has drawn up plans to make MBlaze Ultra available in more than 25 key cities across India.

According to Mr. James Person, Chief Operating Officer – CDMA Development Group (CDG), “This has clearly set the bar higher for other telecom operators to follow suit and to revolutionize the mobile broadband experience for their customers."

• Like 1

Soon after announcement of MTS MBlaze Ultra, TTSL brings the cat out of the bag - announces Photon on Rev B. I guess the brand name would be 'Photon++'

• Like 1

Let's see if our RCOM manages to come up with something in the coming days :D the heat is definitely ON.

^ then they would name it net(dis)connect+ :grinning:

does market have any Rev B phone available?

Or

currenly it will work with only locked DONGLE from MTS

^^^

They said first time in world (Rev.B phase2) and so may NOT be much phones... But Huwaei may bring unlocked dongles later...

really nice !this proves that innovations can be based on the situations in india without aping USA's cdma market! OMH was another india specific solution

well some how as a lay man i feel advancement of technology is crucial for development but on the same way it should me affordable and efficient . IMHO if someone launch hi-tech service or product but cannot affordable to comman man then all the efforts are waste.i encourage consumerism rather than capitalism where in people at least get things according to value for their money.

Well food for thought is i own MTS broadband connection for about 2 years now they advertise like 3MBPS or higher but honestly i never get more than .50MBPS average speed i get .20 MBPS...customer service is pathetic when you demand for speed then these people wont listen up to you.I do not demand for 3MBPS from them at least please provide 1MBPS for survival to the consumer in exchange for his money.i pay 1000 rs per month to them.They cant manage EVDO REV A how will i believe they will be efficient with EVDO REV B.

Conclusion its good for MTS that they will trap some more customer in exchange they will get quick and good return on their investment .

MTS should bring out a low budget tablet to capitalize on the Rev.B network just like how Reliance brought 3G tablet of ZTE make for 13K.

Correct me if I am wrong, there are no smartphones available at the moment which can make use of the Rev.B network. The world shifted to LTE / WiMax after EVDO Rev.A skipping this iteration.

as TheMobileIndian reports MTS announced to launch a tablet in Qualcomm's IndiaON 2011 event.

>> I do not know any handset to support Evdo revB phase2.

>> i am waiting for fall in data tariff on revA, which can kick the 3G-HSPA operators' data dream! :P

>> Huawei may bring unlocked dongles, as these evdo dongle market is dominated by ZTE.

Edited by inception

Whether you have EVDO Rev A, B, C, D or Z because of the inherent limitations of wireless technologies where a particular tower can serve only a limited number of customers at the same time, there is not going to be a revolutionary change in real life sustained, reliable speeds. It's all good on paper but the situation is further complicated due to very little spectrum available with MTS. Even LTE speeds in US is hovering between 5-10 Mbps realistically for an average consumer and that's very optimistic to say the least.

Very correctly described by Rajan ji.

EVDO RevB-II uses two 1.25 Mhz adjacent channels each capable of 4.9Mbps totalling 9.8 Mbps but the fact remains that this allocation is shared amongs all the users simultaneously connected to the particular tower. More the users, less the effective bandwidth available per user.

But having said that, the 3 fold increase in Bandwidth would be able to accomodate more users / more speed per user.

The challenge to the existing operators is to use existing hardware and infrastructure and offer better speeds by software upgradation.

Technologies like LTE require deployment of totally new hardware ( spectrum issues not withstanding )

Is there any rev B device available? I am not sure....

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

Surely MTS will offfer some locked handsets and make money from unsuspecting customers.

After a few months all customers will cry since due to increased no of users, the effective speeds will come down.

All part of strategies of the incumbent operators.

Let's see if our RCOM manages to come up with something in the coming days :D the heat is definitely ON.

Heat is very much ON.

Within hours after the announcement of MTS MBlaze over Rev B Phase 2 Network, Tata Teleservices Limited today unveiled Tata Photon on Rev.B.

Tata Photon on Rev.B will be available in 27 major metros and cities across the country, with the rest of the country to be mapped soon thereafter.

TTL’s Next-Gen Rev.B network is capable of scaling up to speeds of 14.7 Mbps across the country.

Tata Photon on Rev.B solution is in the final phase of testing, and the product will be commercially available in the market in the second fortnight of September.

The latest launch will help further strengthen TTL’s presence in this space, especially since a dedicated data carrier will ensure that customers with Tata Photon on Rev.B have an unparalleled and unfettered user experience.

This launch marks the entry of a world-best CDMA platform in India, providing users with a never-before browsing experience, the benefits of Free National Roaming and Seamless In-building Coverage.

Source:Telecominfo

For EVDO Rev B 3x they need to use 3 adjacent carriers of 1.25Mhz totalling 3.75 Mhz.

Then what will be left for 1x voice channels. :nerves:

Also the subscribers will need to buy new modems and these companies will make money from it. :ranting:

MTS Dongle price and data tariff

MTS Evdo RevB supported USB dongles powered with Qualcomm MDM600 chipset. ZTE AC2791 and Huawei EC306 both dongles are compatible with older networks – 1x (153.6kbps) and RevA (maximum 3.1 Mbps downlink and 1.8 Mbps uplink). The peak speed will be 9.8Mbps on Rev B Phase II network.

Dongle price

Both of these plug-n-play devices are excellently priced at Rs. 2499.

Postpaid tariff

Rs 629 /1GB / 1month

Rs 1899 / 20GB / 1 month

Special offer

Pay Rs. 4599/- + S.Tax and get MTS Ultra Device Free with 1GB usage per month for next 6 bill cycles.

Source: Telecom Info

A couple of points in this topic where I can add

1. MTS can launch REV B initally only in Rajasthan circle where they have 4 carriers available (1 carrier = 1.25 Mhz) In all other circles MTS only has 2.5Mhz start up spectrum hence REV B may not be possible unless we have intra circle roaming arrnagement like in GSM

2. Other CDMA Operators can offer REV B and scale up in more circles quickly

3. REV B has been tested but not really deployed commercially except in some countries (Pakistan, Indonesia, Japan etc)

4. There is a growing range of REV B handsets which are available.

"

China Telecom is one of the cellcos which have stated the intention of deploying CDMA EV-DO Rev B, which is carving out a role in supporting heavy duty data services in emerging markets, in the face of previous speculation that it would not hit commercial reality because of the accelerated rise of LTE. The CDMA Development Group (CDG) argues that there is still plenty of growth left in the technology, especially in emerging economies – where spectrum will not be available for LTE for years but there is a requirement for affordable data – and in bands geared to rural access, notably 450MHz, where CDMA is the only major technology.

Four operators have launched commercial services using EV-DO Rev B – KDDI in Japan, in its 2.1GHz band; Smart Telecom of Indonesia and Pakistan Telecom in 1.9GHz; and 450MHz player ice.net/Net1, in both Sweden and Denmark. A further 10 carriers have made commitments to deploy Rev B, only one in a band above 1GHz (LG U+ in Korea, in 1.7GHz. China Telecom and Wana of Morocco will use the technology in 800MHz, and the other seven will all roll out in 450MHz. They are Cosmote and Romtelecom in Romania, G-Mobile Mongolia, MTS Ukraine, PTK Centertel in Poland, SkyLink in Russia and Zapp in Portugal.

Its commitment to Rev B will only strengthen China Telecom’s powerful position in directing the CDMA agenda, which it assumed once Verizon Wireless turned to LTE in preference to the planned 4G upgrade for CDMA carriers, UMB – effectively signing the death warrant for that platform. Telecom then took the crown as most influential CDMA carrier when its 3G roll-out produced a big boost for the technology in 2008-10.

Some vendors created products specifically for the cellco. In 2009, Qualcomm SVP Cristiano Amon said: “We think 3G in China could boost the CDMA2000 ecosystem ... We are moving forward with all of our R&D for China, specifically CDMA2000. We are introducing a new suite of products.” For instance, Qualcomm introduced multiband 450MHz/700MHz chips for the entry level CDMA series, which was previously available only in a single-band 800MHz implementation, on request from China Telecom."

• Like 1

Just gone through this thread.

All the posts are talking about availability of MTS, Photon and Reliance by October.

We are in November, any update on the availability ?