Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
joshm

Buying a new car? Discuss here!

Are we on rimweb.in or teambhp? I am just confused

Sent from my GT-P7500 using Tapatalk

Lol They don't check your knowledge about cars. If you were already knowledgeable, why would you join the forum in the first place?

They just check your english (very fussy and strict - no sms lingo, no single line answers etc) and they want a valid reason why you want to join.

LOL i have been waiting for my account to be activated since last 10 days at Team-BHP

Keep on trying. It took even as knowledgeable person as Dhirajbhai few years before his membership was approved at Team-BHP 2-3 months back.

MODS PL LOCK IT , i am done THANKS TO ALL again

Friend, this is not a Buy/Sell topic. So no need of locking. You have done it but there may be other members in future who want to do it.

Sent from my MB525 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

has anyone bought a nano from big bazaar?

i wanted to try to buy one on using cards to get the miles / rewards

Yesterday booked Swift Diesel under the buyback fro 800. the old swift will go to factory :'( :'( :'( . this swift is special for me. got it the day my son was born... :(

• Like 1

Well I agree with Rajan dear !!!

I would like to request MODS or ADMIN to please change the title of the thread

BUYING A NEW CAR ?? Lets discuss it here !! so that we can have a topic and if members like then the staff can look towards a new section on automobiles too.

@ vikasmahajanz i was also thinking the same :D thanks for the advise.

regards

BTW congrats joshm for the new car..

• Like 1

@ csmart : Thanks a lot mate, i am enjoying my RITZ :) just the other day went to have dinner outside of delhi in one of those famous dhabas along the highway and just loved the ride as i am currently in the RUNIN period so couldnt press ver 60 but even then the ride was just great :D

and my good wishes for your SWIFT purchase dear friend !!!

new swift is just great , although i havent test driven the diesel version, i tried the ZXI variant and it was pure cream ( did i tell you all this before ;) i guess i did )

@ city02 : i havent heard anything about nano at big bazaar, would update if i ll come across any such thing.

i have seen a nano in Bigbazaar aditya mall indirapuram but is it for lucky draw (or any contest) prize or for retail sale ?

Before nano there was omni but that was for prize for some promotion.

Congratulations csmart. Swift diesel is indeed a great buy. Happy revving.

etios and liva diesel version launched in India.

looks like good package value for money

could nt differentiate b/w etios VX and etios VX-D ?

At 5.5L, Liva Diesel will redefine longevity, durability, long term value and economics and interior space for the Indian Car Consumers in the coming months... It may not be filled to the brim with features but it will drive and drive and drive till you drop, and isn't that what a car is primarily meant to do?

BTW, Toyota Hilux (on which the current Fortuner is based) became the first car to reach the North Pole. Was seeing a program on BBC Entertainment the other day which awakened me to this fact -

100117001.4.jpg

http://www.automotop...etic-north-pole

http://en.wikipedia....:_Polar_Special

Some modifications were made which are evident in the photograph, because it would have been impossible to traverse the ice mountains at the North Pole without those modifications. Even with these added in, it used to suffer days where it could hardly do 1 mile in a whole day. Watch that program on BBC Entertainment if you can get a hand on it or on it's dvd, it's a collector's item. BUT it was a TOYOTA, being driven by 2 middle aged 'unfit' men, not professionals. And they managed to do it somehow, though helped in no small quarter by a fledgling team accompanying them. But there were times when they got stuck and no team member could reach them for hours and they had to manage on their own. Quite a interesting program that. Jeremy made a fool of himself, as usual... lolz

Edited by dkaile

Interior of etios and etios liva is as good as tata.

Maruti came with an excellent car this year ... swift. But only top end version zdi/zxi is sensible to buy.

Joy to ride. Simply no complaints at all. I was a swift vdi owner.. untill it was stolen in feb this year. I loved that car.

Figo seems crampy once u sit inside. My cousin owns one. I like swift lot better... better driving quality and spacious.

I20 ... excellent choice but way to expensive

Skoda fabia... excellent quality. U will feel the german standard the moment u open the door. But not fun to drive.

Fiat Punto... good only if service workshop is near ur home. Excellent drivng experience. Good discount from dealers. Very good plasti quality. Very good driving experience.

I can make sharp turns in this car even at a speed of 50-70kmph without feeling that the car will skid or understeer.

Feel safe when doing that.

Currently I own a punto 90hp. Fully loaded with features. Very very good to drive.

Beat diesel .. very very very noisy inside. Took a test drive and asked the salesman not to call me back :P

Ritz.. never drove that car.

Tata indica.. never driven so can't comment.

Best driving xperience... punto> I20> swift

Best comfrt... skoda fabia>i20=swift=punto

Best looks ... punto>i20>fabia>swift

Didn't liked figo.. don't even have power windows in the back seat

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

^^ skoda is a Czech company though it is owned by Volkswagon which is German.

My Corolla 2004 Long Term Ownership Review 55000KMs is now online. Have a look here - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-term-ownership-reviews/107579-toyota-corolla-2004-long-term-ownership-report-55000km.html

of course once i buy a nano, i'll need to put in some performance upgrades else it might have trouble going uphill with the AC on!

does anyone know of any:

• input upgrades [e.g., air filters]
  • output upgrades [free flow mufflers / exhausts]
  • engine upgrades [chip / ecu]

^

Sir, if you want so many upgrades to a 'Nano', I would suggest you shift to Alto K10. You will enjoy every bit of it.

• Like 1

a question here :

I find that the tachometer is indeed a good addition, is it possible to get the genuine tacho fitted from maruti itself in my Lxi Ritz , its not that i am a new driver or something but i believe with new K series engines its better to operate acc to RPM.

also there are some vibrations while the car is moving which u can feel in the clutch, brake and gas paddles and on the floor ( while the car is idle there are no such vibrations ) , is this a normal with ritz ? i went to mssd yday about this and they showed me another ritz vxi which was having more such vibrations , they say its a bit normal for the k series engine but still we ll chk em during your first service .( which is yet to be done )

^ ^ ^

Whether car will vibrate or not, everyone's pocket is going to be lighter with vibrations of Rs 3.30 average Petrol price increase effective midnight today.

a question here :

I find that the tachometer is indeed a good addition, is it possible to get the genuine tacho fitted from maruti itself in my Lxi Ritz , its not that i am a new driver or something but i believe with new K series engines its better to operate acc to RPM.

also there are some vibrations while the car is moving which u can feel in the clutch, brake and gas paddles and on the floor ( while the car is idle there are no such vibrations ) , is this a normal with ritz ? i went to mssd yday about this and they showed me another ritz vxi which was having more such vibrations , they say its a bit normal for the k series engine but still we ll chk em during your first service .( which is yet to be done )

I have never looked at the tacho in my entire driving life, and it's been a long one at that. A true driver feels the revs of his vehicle with its sound. The car will tell you whether you are straining him/her.

Slight vibrations or harshness are normal for a new car till it breaks-in and engine should smooth out then. But get it checked at the *** nonetheless.

@JOSHM

It is a good driving practise to keep an eye on the tachometer reading & driving - thus you can restrict straining the engine & to get better milage.

Know what is the recomended RPM from the Car manual or contact the Showroom Technical Consultant.

(For Ford Figo I have been advised preferably to drive below 2K RPM in any gear)

friends & gurus, (specially Dhiraj ji)

Now the petrol is up by 3.14 Rs and it will be costing 66.86 in Delhi.

I cant bear it anymore and thinking of installing a CNG kit in my santro GLS.

Pls suggest me

what are pros and cons of CNG kit (although I know that maintenance will be high) ?

what is the approx. cost of a good CNG kit ?

Where to get CNG kit installed (any particular dealer if anybody knows) ?

any other point to keep in mind ?

^ here in lucknow, i too enquired the same for my santro xing gls, some italian brand was quoted at around 42k + RTO charges.., plus the biggest drawback, what i've been told, that i'll loose 80% of boot space..

am thinking of some other alternative.. :dontknow:

@amitsonu, better to ask company. now a days companies also install CNG kit. if that is not possible, look out for professional installer. there will be many. before installing, check how feasible it is for your car. In terms of money, expected life of vehicle, pay back period etc. maintenance vary and depends on how it is driven and serviced.

merely going by petrol price is not a smart decision. many cars required to be started on petrol in the morning and after few minutes you can switch to gas. it is negligible.

CNG too being expensive day by day. I was told, In Delhi, 18 Rs. price hike in 10 months for CNG.

Its either govt. who should re-regulate petrol and subsidise again or the best option is to shift to a diesel car, at least in India!

Diesel being lifeline for farmers will never be too expensive and adding on to that, it gives a better mileage.

Humans are yet to utilize the maximum power of diesel, diesel is a lot more powerful fuel than petrol!

Edited by SumitVerma

I am driving CNG since about 85K KM's. It is becoming expensive day by day and CNG deteriorates engine very fast. In 80K Kms engine performance has gone down like any thing.

Since CNG is not major fuel and not regulated as much as diesel, advantage of runnicg cost between CNG and Diesel is now marginal. Ideally CNG and Diesel gives almost same mileage per Kg and liter respectively.

CNG adds about 70 kgs of dead weight on tail hence suspension and tyres wears out faster. Servicing or snag rectification becomes hell of a job as usually customers are flung between CNG and AUTHORIZED SERVICE PEOPLE both find fault of either fuel system.