Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
joshm

Buying a new car? Discuss here!

@ Dhiraj ji.

Caska is much better, got it installed in cousin's Vento!

Anybody has idea about Ford Classic? Among sedans I find it inexpensive and good worth for money. Please do write if someone owns it. I plan to move from Maruti Alto to a sedan by the end of this year.

YES Some body say about Ford Classic!!!

@vinayak i doubt about mileage you have mentioned. you have used same mileage for petrol and diesel. besides, with recent prices, cabs are more economical in Mumbai when compare to petrol cars. i don't know about other cities, but should be true.

The main confusion we have when we are buying a car is whether to go for a petol or a diesel. I was totally confused when I was to take a decision and the more number of people I aske about the same, the more diverse opinions is what I got. In the end, i decided to do the math myself to arrive at a logical conclusion for my benefit as well as for the benefit of fellow members and friends.

I have attached a Word document depicting various scenarios comparing the petrol and diesel cars. I have done this research in good faith and have tried not to be biased. Please keep me informed about the corrections if any. Any mistake is unintentional

Good effort vinayak.

I would suggest to assume petrol mileage not greater than 12kmpl. (even 12 is doubtful from a petrol sedan in city traffic but anyway..)

Also, it would be better in excel format than word.

My back of the envelope calculations could be like this:

Considering fuel price as Rs75 - Petrol and Rs 45- Diesel

And mileage as 12 & 15 kmpl resp for petrol & diesel.

Cost per km would be Rs 6.25 & Rs 3.00 resp.

For monthly running of 1000km, total expenditure would be Rs 6250 & 3000 resp.

i.e. saving of >Rs3000 per month.

Now, cost of extra Rs.1 lac in loan of 5 years tenure translates to appx Rs.2000 per month in EMI.

Still you are left with Rs1000 savings i.e. total savings of Rs 60K in 5 years after offsetting the cost difference between petrol & diesel.

I have purposely assuemd the mileage to be a constant to get the difference between the two fuels. In a worst come scenario, in that case I feel that diesel makes more sense even for a low user, provided he is ready to retain his car for a longer duration.

I want to buy new wagon-r k 10 series . Please send review of new wagon r k 10 series if anyone have it.

I want to buy new wagon-r k 10 series . Please send review of new wagon r k 10 series if anyone have it.

well if you ask me all i can say is that wagon R blue eyed K10 is a great spacious car , decent mileage and its cng variant performs good too

i was also about to buy it actually , but when i test drove it , i couldnt find it to my liking in terms of pickup and power ( i wanted a car which responds well to my liking as far as gas paddle goes )

apart from this the car is totally proven

if its gonn abe your first car then you will never regret it at all , but if you want something which has the zip and a responsive powerful engine then this may not satisfy you.

I had to go get the Ritz Petrol for that and its a treat to ride actually , just 20 k extra for an Lxi over the vxi of wagon R ;)

my 2 cents

i have seen ads for SBI car loans without prepayment penalty and 0 fees

is this still on?

does any other bank offer the same deal?

has anyone availed of this offer yet?

Any nationalized bank will offer same terms. I have currently Indian bank loans for car.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk

^

Currently I think the New Skoda Rapid takes the cake in this segment as everyone's going for a Diesel. Its even better and cheaper than the Vento (slightly), of which it is a clone and also has better build than the upcoming Nissan Sunny Diesel.

Honda's in for a bad time due to lack of diesel.

• Like 2

They plan to launch diesel variants early next year

Nissan started booking for Sunny Diesel. Expected delivery date is 8th Jan 2012..

Source: Nissan India Wed Site

2011 12 12 : NISSAN LAUNCHES SUNNY DIESEL IN INDIA

The new variants offer one of the best in class fuel efficiency and power Mumbai/Chennai, December 12, 2011: Nissan Motor India Private Ltd. (NMIPL) today started booking of the diesel variant of its hugely successful mid-sized sedan, the Nissan Sunny, in India. Available in two variants, the XL and the XV, the India-built Sunny Diesel is amongst ‘best in class’ in terms of fuel efficiency and targets the fast growing demand for diesel cars in the Indian market. The petrol variant of the Sunny was launched last September, and received wide critical acclaim from auto experts who viewed it as the best entry-level petrol sedan in India. Now the Diesel variant is set to significantly boost Nissan’s presence in the crucial sedan sector and further support Nissan’s wider expansion within India. And customers have plenty of choice over the look of their new Sunny as the model is available in a palette of six colors – Bronze Grey, Blade Silver, Storm White, Sapphire Blue, Onyx Black and Brick Red. Sunny Diesel is competitively priced and will be available for Rs 7,98,000 (XL) and Rs 8,78,000 (XV), ex-showroom, New Delhi. Customers can now book the car at Nissan dealerships across the country. Departing from the industry norm, Nissan has adopted a uniform pan-India pricing strategy, whereby the ex-showroom price of the Sunny Diesel will remain the same across all states. The only variations will be in terms of VAT, Entry Tax, Octroi and other local taxes levied by states/cities. The Sunny Diesel, a result of significant inputs from the Indian market and powered by the Renault Nissan Alliance’s highly regarded K9K diesel engine, has a fuel efficiency of 21.64 kmpl (ARAI certified) and is ideal for both city driving as well as exploring the countryside. Built at the Nissan plant in Chennai, the diesel variant is powered by a modern 1.5-liter, 4-cylinder K9K engine delivering 86PS of power @ 3750 rpm and a maximum torque of 200 Nm @ 2000 rpm. The smooth five speed manual transmission helps to provide both fuel efficiency and a powerful, engaging drive. Mr. Kiminobu Tokuyama, Managing Director & CEO, Nissan Motor India Pvt. Ltd, said, “We are delighted to introduce the diesel variant of Sunny for the Indian market. We are currently witnessing a significant and sustained increase in demand for diesel cars across India and we are confident Sunny’s blend of technology, performance and fuel economy will prove extremely popular with our growing customer base – it’s the right car at the right time for India.” Mr. G M Singh, Vice Chairman & MD, Hover Automotive India, Nissan’s Marketing & Sales partner said, “Sunny’s introduction is another major milestone in Nissan’s rapid expansion in India - one of the fastest growing markets in the world. The fact that we have already achieved over 3000 sales for the Petrol variant of Sunny reinforces our belief that innovative and exiting products appeal strongly to our Indian customers.” Aimed at India’s fast-growing group of young professionals, the Sunny Diesel mirrors the petrol variant’s sophisticated style and roomy interior. It is the second model after the Micra hatchback to use Nissan’s flexible ‘V’ platform. The ‘V’, or Versatile, platform implements Nissan’s advanced engineering to deliver a modern, light weight structure, that provides integral strength, ride refinement and dynamic on-road behavior. The Sunny Diesel carries high levels of active and passive safety features and technology designed to enhance both the driving and ownership experience. These include Anti-Lock Braking System (ABS), Electronic Brake-force Distribution (EBD), Brake Assist (BA), Engine Immobilizer and Airbags. Sunny Diesel – High on Style

The front of Sunny Diesel is dominated by Nissan’s signature grille, which is flanked by jewel-shaped headlines with discreet but elegant chrome touches. Wide opening doors offer better passenger ingress and egress while muscular haunches, stylish curves and a neat rear spoiler adds a sporty touch to the silhouette. The diesel variant is 4425mm long with a 2600mm wheelbase that provides Sunny with its roomy interior. It offers rear-knee room that is on par with luxury sedans even allowing passengers to cross their legs in comfort. The large central armrest with cup holders adds a touch of luxury while the roomy 490 Liter trunk, illuminated with a boot lamp, provides loads of luggage space. Independent front MacPherson struts with coil springs delivers a smooth ride while the compact torsion beam rear axle further minimizes intrusion into the luggage area. Sub-frame mounted suspensions and anti-roll bars at both ends help reduce road noise and vibration. The long-travel suspension kits allow Sunny Diesel to respond immediately to even the most challenging of road surfaces.

Skoda Rapid takes the centrestage as of now.. The on-road price of Rapid in Rajkot is hereunder,

1.6 TDI (Diesel)

Active : 7,63,000

Ambition : 8,06,000 (value for money)

Elegance : 9,12,000

I am planning to get this beauty.. comments from already users, or if you guys have excellent customer reviews of the car at other forums, do put up a LINK.

^

Good choice. Go for it. Just talk to your local A$$ first so that there are no service issues (the only problematic issue with Skoda). Otherwise you are choosing a solid product - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/111033-skoda-rapid-test-drive-review.html

Guys, anybody advise which is better, volkswagen polo or skoda fabia. Dad had booked swift and it's ready for the delivery but family is against it. Budget abt 7l and diesel engine.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

@DK, Thanks for the info... We have been using Laura for the past 3 years, no problems whatsoever with service (except that every year atleast 20K is paid for normal things in service).. Thanks for the link.. now gorging on it..

@csmart - Polo and Fabia are again siblings built on the same assembly line in India. Share same engines too. VW is slightly premium with slightly better build but Fabia is excellent value with year end discounts. Can't go wrong with either of choice is limited to those two.

@dkaile thanks for the reply. not finalised anything but the choices are limited. as we (family) don't want Hyndai and american cars. already using swift and Ritz. so no other choice in the this segment.

for Fabia, will check with the dealer about the pricing.

Toyota launches world's most fuel efficient Hybrid >> http://www.hindustan...le1-787456.aspx

It's launching this in Japan with a starting price of 1.69 million yen ($21,600) about Rs 11,44,000. Question is why can't it think of selling this in India for a fair price? Can be a runaway hit.

how is chev beat diesel , my old car has died and my company plans to give me the diesel version of beat ...heard the mileage is best in its class, anyone here who owns it cud throw some light.

Go for it its awesome car. FE is in best of the class.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk

how is chev beat diesel , my old car has died and my company plans to give me the diesel version of beat ...heard the mileage is best in its class, anyone here who owns it cud throw some light.

Sit inside and get a feel. If you like it, go for it.

Personally speaking, when I see that I feel as if it just landed from another planet. Besides its a nightmare for claustrophobics.

thanks yogesh n dok , will take a test drive today and decide :)

@Nitin any specific reason for Chevy beat? if price is only criteria then no other option. otherwise, with about 1lakh more you can get swift and Liva with 1.25(ex-showroom) or so. you may get free service for three years, but then engine and is not that good and maintenance is high for chevy compare to others.