Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
joshm

Buying a new car? Discuss here!

Yeah if price is not the case then go for new swift or figo. It's cheaper.

Beat diesel is a OK car for strolling from home to office but long drive in beat will beat the $h1t out of your brains. Too noisy and lot of vibration inside.

For mileage swift, Punto, Figo, and and indica(dunno about other cars as I've driven these only) , can give 24kmpl if driven right. Yeah I said 24kmpl if driven right. My friend can squeeze 25 on his indica.

Some car has inbuilt computer which tells you instatenous mileage which helps a lot to squeeze maximum out of the money you paid for fuel. I take it as a game/challenge to get the max mileage on the road I go everyday in my Punto. It's fun + saves fuel.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

Ps: I took a test drive of beat diesel few months ago. After 5mins drove back to showroom got out of beat and went back to home without even going back into the showroom for any negotiations.

Reason: I love driving, and it's not my kind of car.

my company is gonna pay, and they r gonna pay for the cheapest diesel car possible. so i hv no choice

^

Add some money from your pocket and go for the Liva Diesel / Fabia / Polo (in order of increasing budget). All well made cars.

Real life noise levels of different cars at 80 kmph on same road patch

1. Swift, petrol, 15000 kms on odometer, petrol, 62-65 dbm

2. Indigo, petrol, 86000 kms, 63-67 dbm

3. Etios, petrol, 6000 kms, 65-68 dbm

4. Beat, petrol, 9500 kms, 70-72 dbm

5. Manza, diesel, 3500 kms, 62-65 dbm

6. Esteem, petrol, 180000 kms, 72-75 dbm

7,. Alto, k10, petrol, 4800 kms, 70-72 dbm

8. Vista, tdi, 45000 kms, 68-72 dbm

Hope helps.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk

my company is gonna pay, and they r gonna pay for the cheapest diesel car possible. so i hv no choice

U can go for Figo, hardy 15-20K difference between the price of Beat and Figo

I waited 2 months for Beat D to launched, got the test drive and went with the Figo

U will love the space and driving of figo

Polo: there are people I know who wants to sell their polo diesel within few months of purchase and all of them were top fully loaded models. Don't know the reason why.

Example: A relative of my friend in Calcutta sold their polo 4 months old for 4.xxL. The new one costed them 7.xx on road.

Also saw many adds few months ago online people selling their polo recently purchased.

Dunno what's wrong with that car.

Fabia: too expensive to buy and expensive to maintain. But you will fall in love with the quality the first time you open the door.

Tho engine on Fabian doesn't justify the heavy chasis/body. They should have given bigger engine in that car like their European version.

Liva: don't know much about that car. Tho Toyota has a very good brand. I but people say even I say that interiors do not match the standards of the exterior. And I don't like cars where speedometer is placed in the middle.

Tata indica: no comments. :P

Punto: own one and love that car. Love the handling. High speed turns is not a problem. I have 90hp model and one of my relative has emotion (75hp). Both are great.

Swift: had one got stolen :( Imo the best car maruti ever made. My neighbour own Zdi. Much better than the old one.

Ritz: younger brother of swift.

Beat: awesome pricing. Excellent for what the price it is. Looks cute. I but noisy inside. Perfect for city driving. Easy to park.

I20: very spacious and awesome to drive but expensive :( wanted to buy this car but way to expensive for a hatchback in India.

Figo : rightly priced and good to drive.

i took a test drive of figo titanium diesel, too much vibration and engine noise,,maybe coz the TD vehicle had clocked 250kms. did not try petrol version. Wud just like to add that figo is a decade old model which has been tried n tested in europe. It became junk there and they launched it in india. Thou is spacious and balanced but not having rear seat power windows even in their top end model is a big turn off.

what i loved about the beat was the peppiness once on road. With a 1000L engine it had a bearable pickup thou i wud love more power there, but since beggars cant be choosers , lets c what i end up with. gotta mail the specs and pricing to my MD and he is gonna hv a final say.

American cars require heavy maintenance. while eauropeans are expensive to service and parts, add about Rs 1 or 2 per km. Japanese are most reasonable in all terms.

Hi all.. I need a pre owned diesel hatch under 4lac. Any seller, preferably from Mumbai, Pune, nasik or around?

Also any idea how to find best deals on used cars or any reliable contact no?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Edited by hiteshkkk1

Just today test drove Hyundai Eon n finalized Era model. They have now discontinued the era model n gave the same features to dlite+. They had 2 Era cars of December 2011 n he gave me 15000 discount on current dlite+ prizes if i chose that...

On road price for Eon era net after discount is 330000/-

He said i will get additional exchange bonus discount chq of 10000 after six months...

Have finalized Thursday to take the delivery..

Keeping fingers crossed now...

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Edited by hiteshkkk1

I have a beat diesel., Few points:

1. Claustrophobia. Well, on the rear it is bit dark because the usual rear quarter glass is now used as a handle, so that 25% less window area at the rear. But it has benefits too. First no one can peep inside the car to see who is sitting inside! Other, many people put darkest of shades and keep the windows rolled up all the time, so this is taken care of :D

And my mom never complained about too darkness inside. Sure it is not as airy as say Jazz or even spark with its large windows, but it is not bad either. The rear seats are good.

2. NVH. Don't know where people are getting this, but NVH in beat diesel specially when you roll up the windows are superbly controlled. Not a peep of vibration either. I drove it for long distance, and I never felt the noise is holding up the conversation or anything.

3.Peppiness. The engine is really peppy for its size, and specially in city it is very comfortable. On highway 100kmph is its forte. Specially, in city the car rolls on its own in 1st, second and third gear at 2kmph, 12kmph and 20kmph respectively, so you slot it into second gear and totter in traffic at 12kmph without touching the accelerator.

4. Rear space. Again, when you push your front seat all the way back, then the space is less, but who drives with seat pushed all the way back? When seats are placed at human location, the leg space is good all around.

Overall I liked Chevy beat diesel. I feel it is a perfect car for city and occasional highway maneuvers. If you primarily need a car for long drives then you can think of other cars, but for city, beat diesel is very good. The design especially has not yet lost its charm even after 1-2 years of introduction.

Also, Maruti and Chevrolet quality is not comparable. Chevy cars have bendable bumpers that are 5kmph safe. Also the quality of materials used in cars is much better.

All I am saying is that Beat diesel is nowhere as bad as it is sometimes portrayed. Read the team-bhp review as well.

Edited by ani_meher
  • Like 1

^

Nice unbiased review Ani

My suggestion for you is ford figo it has 1400 cc engine that gives feel like that you are driving a petrol car....its my personal experience.

Test drove the Vista - Quadrajet yesterday and was amazed, comparing to my previous Indiva V2, its a complete turn around, new look, fresh interiors, ample cabin and leg space, front windscreen is awesome, for a moment you feel that you are sitting in a cockpit. Pickup and power is good. Also the new version comes with better brakes, overall a pretty neat package and i was impressed and understood why people not willing to wait for Swift are going for vista, it is surely Sedan class.

@dushi

Indian brand, most Indians are ashamed to admit that Indian can make good product.

I posted real time noise level of many cars some where in this thread and surprisingly no one had any comments about facts, had it been hypothetical discussion that x brand makes more noise than you brand every one will jump in defending own perception.

Edited by kshah
  • Like 2

Indian brand, most Indians are ashamed to admit that Indian can make good product.

You said it!

test drove the Renault fluence automatic - at about rs. 17 L on road Mumbai its obviously over priced and should flop in the market but here are the good qualities:

- rear AC blowers but the indigo XL has a rear AC on/off also which is much better

- superb suspension over potholed navi Mumbai roads [better than sonata gold which is better than the corolla]

- very nice side and rear window pull up 'curtains' [all cars over rs. 10 L should have this option so you don't have to put illegal window tinting to avoid beggars at traffic lights

- start/stop button for keyless ignition [though the pulse seems to have a better quality one with chrome trim!]

- dual zone climate control since my wife likes it a few degrees colder than i do

- 140 bhp vs 160 for sonata gold so its under powered for its price

the stupid stuff [apart from the pricing] is that the start/stop button is awkwardly placed on the LEFT of the gear shift!

it should have swapped places with the same sized 12v socket on the right

its kind of retarded that they have not realised that we have right hand drive cars in india

also no audio remote for the rear passenger

even the controls on the steering don't have audio - just cruise control which is not used 99% of the time in this country

the delhi on road of around rs. 15.5 L is a more realistic price but to get any volumes they have to bring it below rs. 15 L on road mumbai

we are in the perfect negotiating position since we have 2 cars and can wait for many months

lets see what they offer for exchange

i plan to demand more for either car to make up for the higher price

let the mind games begin ...

I disagree with your point of view. After having owned and extensively driven many cars (and having burnt my fingers with some sub-standard Indian products) including German, Japanese, Korean and Indian, reliability is of paramount importance to me. I firmly believe that if a manufacturer cannot build reliable cars, well, it's failure. Plain & simple. Many people get their smile from the "thud"; Well, I get my kick from watching the car perform day after day without issue. My Toyota Qualis hardly visits the workshop even after 11 years of service.

My priorities are hassle-free ownership & minimal downtime. Weekdays don't allow a single minute to waste on sorting out broken cars / co-ordinating with mechanics, and weekends are for fun.

As of today, only Japanese & Korean (Hyundai) cars can provide me with the kind of ownership experience I am looking for.

Edited by dkaile

what about Honda (Japanese) ?

I agree with Dhiraj. I had tried not 1 but 3 from Tata, 2 Indicas and 1 Indigo. It runs well initial but over a period time, it gives one or the other problem. Mainly, clutch plate, engine noise and shock absorbers. I had sad experience with Hyndai also. But Japenese and European are more reliable. They may be expensive for service but then you get real piece of mind. My qualis had clocked almost 2Lac, never had engine problem, Honda city is currenly 1.15L (now running on CNG), skoda octavia 1.25L, swift 60k.. all these cars running perfectly good and never got problem of shock absorbers and engine. tyres changed, but u cannot do anyhting for that

. . . not finalised anything but the choices are limited. as we (family) don't want Hyndai and american cars. already using swift and Ritz. so no other choice in the this segment.

for Fabia, will check with the dealer about the pricing.

Out of the 3 listed, I prefer Swift - Diesel for the endurance, good milage & established service network in the country. (I was about to buy Swift Diesel but for the VFM & no waiting period bought Ford Figo - it is gr8 but you don't want American :) )

There is always a truth behind experiences but we have to remember certain facts and also larger sample size help us to visualize reality better.

I too have used maruti (2 vehicle), 2 tata vehicle (All for more than 80K kms, I change vehicle every 80-90K kms), my family, partner and friend put to gather access to almost all major brands (Not very premium and high end brands), I have driven many cars for more than 500 kms at once. (I have mentioned this just to prove that I too know a bit about cars, :-D )

In past I posted links to study and surveys published by JD POWER (Considered most authentic) reports for indian automotives and certainly they are eye opener. It does not say that Indian brands are best or Japanese brands are the best, but it gives perception free presentation of status of manufacturer and its product.

http://businesscenter.jdpower.com/JDPAContent/CorpComm/News/content/Releases/pdf/2011203-iiqs.pdf (This is about initial quality)

They always gives name of top 3 so if some brand is not there does not mean that it is worst and some one is topping does not mean that its the best.

For example, Vento's suspension bottom very very easily hence it becomes very risky at high speed (Above 60 KMPH) on not so good road. On the same road driving manza or swift d'zire is safer and pleasant. But there is no debate about it. So my say is WE SHOULD NOT BE ASHAMED TO EXPRESS OUR- UNBIASED - GRAVIENCES AS WELL APPRECIATION.

@kshah in India, people always prefer white skin and nobody can doubt about it. the most people buying cars below 5L are just fed up of maruti. Even I own many maruti cars and many times recommend them to friends. but people saw" naah.. maruti, no we want something else". what else, they dont know but no maruti. Tata is good for pick up and HMVs even though their cars value for money.

Most Europeans and Americans will frown at the thought of owning a jap or Korean car. Though Toyota is quite popular there, it is mostly because it is the most affordable brand there. It's all relative.

I disagree with your point of view. After having owned and extensively driven many cars (and having burnt my fingers with some sub-standard Indian products) including German, Japanese, Korean and Indian, reliability is of paramount importance to me. I firmly believe that if a manufacturer cannot build reliable cars, well, it's failure. Plain & simple. Many people get their smile from the "thud"; Well, I get my kick from watching the car perform day after day without issue. My Toyota Qualis hardly visits the workshop even after 11 years of service.

My priorities are hassle-free ownership & minimal downtime. Weekdays don't allow a single minute to waste on sorting out broken cars / co-ordinating with mechanics, and weekends are for fun.

As of today, only Japanese & Korean (Hyundai) cars can provide me with the kind of ownership experience I am looking for.

Sent from my MB525 using Tapatalk