Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
joshm

Buying a new car? Discuss here!

Congratulations on your purchase. Can you elaborate on the android unit or a link to it?

I am already using an Android based head unit (Sony's XAV-701BT). The sony XAV 701BT, 601BT, 64BT are all running on android. My smartphones can mirror applications onto them. The problem is sony doesnt advertise the fact that they are running on android.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/product-discussions/127338-where-android-hus-2.html

Just back from celebration with friends. New car, party. New phone, party!

Renault customer service is quite good. After some time, they may come up to RIMWEB SELLER'S Level!

Renault is beginning to offer Euro style customer care in its efforts to beat the competition. This is the second case I have heard of email to Carlos Ghosn leading to improvement in response to customer complaints:

The cherry on the Cake: A Fluence Automatic with a Tank full of Gas was given for the two days they will work on the Duster in finding out causes of all the issues and their fixes. They have assured a replacement of for the system if their software patches don't work out.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/123824-renault-duster-official-review-143.html

• Like 1

^

Congratulations Anton. Do post a review with lots of photos especially of the HU and its functionality.

Congratulations on your purchase. Can you elaborate on the android unit or a link to it?

I am already using an Android based head unit (Sony's XAV-701BT). The sony XAV 701BT, 601BT, 64BT are all running on android. My smartphones can mirror applications onto them. The problem is sony doesnt advertise the fact that they are running on android.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/product-discussions/127338-where-android-hus-2.html

Hi Anton. I too have the XAV 701BT in my car. Which version of the DriveLink app are you using to mirror your phone. im using the one uploaded by walkeryan http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1951960 without flashing the tmserver. Its working fine and im able to mirror all my apps from my verizon s3. One only issue is the display being constantly on. I want to try the latest version of the drivelink app which is 1.1.027. Im not able to download it from samsung apps nor its available in the play store. If you have it can you post a link to download it or upload it. Edited by sliver1

^^

Thanks DKaile, will surely. Appreciate your inputs here and on teambhp. Selection changed several times during choosing period: you know how it is!

Experience with Hyundai Verna

I had purchased Verna on Dussera for dad travel to factory. Daily travel of 50kms (to & fro) and about 60 to 70 minutes. Initially very happy with it.

The problem started within 1 month. There was some noise on back side as if you have kept something in the boot. We thought it might be loose stepney or something else. We tried all the tricks. Even taken to service centre and they could not find the solution. Eventually they changed rear left shock absorber. It work for sometime and again problem started. Hyundai could not solve the problem. They told that no more than 2 persons can sit on back seat. I asked them to give me writing and also mention how much weight can be put on back seat. Till to get the reply.

Then somewhere in March end/April starting, there was problem with gear and found that clutch has problem and need to replace it. The noise problem is still there and many rounds to service centre in between were unsuccessful. This time they told it was driver's error. But cant believe as the same driver had drove about 20,000 kms Skoda Octavia without any problem. They have replaced the clutch.

Since then the vehicle is with service center as we decided not to take it back. They are asking us to take it back but are unable to confirm that noise problem will not arise. Also they are unable to give any reasons for clutch problem.

Planning to buy the Wagon R cng for city commute

kindly advise any alternatives

I was planning to go for Renault duster but now waiting for ford ecosport basis the exciting price offer. Pls suggest if it's worth waiting till it's launch on 16th of this month

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

I was planning to go for Renault duster but now waiting for ford ecosport basis the exciting price offer. Pls suggest if it's worth waiting till it's launch on 16th of this month

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Saw the demo car it looks really promising and yes the price will be a big advantage they are taking 50k as advance booking and delievry here has extened to 4 months after it gets officially launched. I think its worth the wait

Duster has become too common and the base model of duster are not well equipped.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Before going for a CNG do check the nearest CNG filling station and availability and time needed for the same.

Excellent car just go for it

Wagon R CNG is the best in its category and that price range. Otherwise there are lots of options in higher price range. You may also consider some good automatics like Brio & Micra if budget permits.

You should wait for the Eco Sport. It is only days away. It is a looker but smaller than Duster and can comfortably seat only 4. Rest it has a great diesel engine for a city SUV and also a award winning Eco-boost 1L engine in petrol.

Here is a comparo of Duster vs Eco-Sport from Autocar - http://www.autocarindia.com/Feature/345946,ford-ecosport-vs-renault-duster.aspx/0

Edited by dkaile

want to replace my ford figo wiper. any idea about which brand? what wil be the approximate cost?

thanks

Nitin in case of wipers without a second thought go for Bosch they are the best in business for wipers price part not sure but Bosch is the best

Nitin in case of wipers without a second thought go for Bosch they are the best in business for wipers price part not sure but Bosch is the best

thanks for the reply. will definately look for them. thanks

As off now, I am using santro petrol car for the last 6 years. I want to go for a diesel one now. budget is 6 approximately. Total persons in the house is only 4 including driver. But mostly there will not be 2 persons on the drive. (excluding driver) Mostly for city use. Can anybody suggest one

As off now, I am using santro petrol car for the last 6 years. I want to go for a diesel one now. budget is 6 approximately. Total persons in the house is only 4 including driver. But mostly there will not be 2 persons on the drive. (excluding driver) Mostly for city use. Can anybody suggest one

As you said budget is under 6L on-road, Ford Figo Diesel EXI will likely to suit your requirement. i am using figo for past 3 years faced no problems at at all. mileage is also good around 20-21kmpl

Figo is fun to drive, offers better space for a hatch, good 1.4Liter engine with very less turbo lag. If is definitely a Value for Money car!

but only problem is low ground clearance. If it is fully loaded with passengers and luggage at boot, It will definitely get scrap on every speed breakers.

• Like 1

@gurugopal also consider Honda Brio, Swift Diesel, Etios/Liva. Brio gives excellent mileage even in petrol. Really good car for city.

Have a look at honda amaze, booked a silver ex model here. 2.5 month waiting, 7.25lac delhi on road price. Till now all positive reviews online

dear friends,

please advice me for buying a new car. i have shortlisted 2 cars, pls help in selecting one.

1) maruti ertiga.

2) swift dzire.

Though ertiga and desire are different categories of car, they are built on same platform, share same engine. So of you need larger and occasional seven seater ertiga is option else dezire.

I am using ertiga since 26000 kms and good car except under powered ac for Ahmedabad summers. It takes 15 to 30 minutes to cool to comfortable levels if car is heated under scorching sun of 42 degre and more.

Make sure that you are comfortable with limited legroom in Ertiga.

Ertiga has excellent leg room for two row if last row seats are upright.

Seating posture of ertiga is excellent but seat ergonomics are mediocre, common amongst all maruti.

1. can you get blowers installed for the rear?

2. is it possible to park in the shade nearby?

3. what about using reflective sun shades inside your front windscreen?

4. have you tried keeping your windows open an inch to vent out the hot air?

you can have door visors attached to keep out any rain

5. rolling / folding curtains on the side windows or suction 'jaalis' sold at traffic lights? [which do look bad]

over 15-25 min seems like too long assuming the ac is serviced and the car has the correct type of coolant topped up.

6. also try rolling down all 4 windows when you start and put the blowers on full / max speed [usually fan setting of 4]

this way you can vent out most of the heat before you start your ac and even save fuel on cooling down to ambient temp [outside]

7. i saw this in ecco ac taxis in delhi - a transparent plastic curtain at the 2nd row which can be rolled up whenever needed.

this reduces the large interior volume to be cooled and brings down the passenger space faster to a tolerable temp.

the ecco a/c are also quite underpowered for the cabin size.

I am using ertiga since 26000 kms and good car except under powered ac for Ahmedabad summers. It takes 15 to 30 minutes to cool to comfortable levels if car is heated under scorching sun of 42 degre and more.

1. can you get blowers installed for the rear?

ertiga al ready has rear cooling coil and blower

2. is it possible to park in the shade nearby?

cant get shade always

3. what about using reflective sun shades inside your front windscreen?

Front windshield films are not my preference as they add glare at night. I have tried twice and removed in past.

4. have you tried keeping your windows open an inch to vent out the hot air?

Yes, but Ahmedabad heat is like SEEING IS BELIEVING, when mercury reaches 42 plus, max temperature hovers for more than 6-8 hours a day. Even at night at 8 PM temperature would be 40 degree +

you can have door visors attached to keep out any rain

5. rolling / folding curtains on the side windows or suction 'jaalis' sold at traffic lights? [which do look bad]

over 15-25 min seems like too long assuming the ac is serviced and the car has the correct type of coolant topped up.

Grill temperature of AC is as per Maruti Specifications but heat load is so high that AC does not perform. When temperature is below 41 Degree C AC performs well

6. also try rolling down all 4 windows when you start and put the blowers on full / max speed [usually fan setting of 4]

this way you can vent out most of the heat before you start your ac and even save fuel on cooling down to ambient temp [outside]

If I do not do this then I dont think ertiga will ever cool in Ahmedabad summers.

7. i saw this in ecco ac taxis in delhi - a transparent plastic curtain at the 2nd row which can be rolled up whenever needed.

this reduces the large interior volume to be cooled and brings down the passenger space faster to a tolerable temp.

the ecco a/c are also quite underpowered for the cabin size.

IMO most Maruti cars has comparitivelty underpowered AC, may be for fuel efficiency.

Not sure if this is the right place anybody used this product Speedwav - 3 in 1 Glass Cleaning Wiper.I want something to clean my windshield my car stands in open area and accumulates lot of dust cloth wipe does not remove all the dirt so looking for a better solution.Similar products like this end up scratching the windshield so want to know if anyone has used this and is it a good buy?