Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
joshm

Buying a new car? Discuss here!

I wont comment about Honda, But Nissan Sunny Diesel is any day better than all other options laid out in terms of maintenance and cost of ownership. Its over 1.5 years since we have owned this car & its really doing well, Clocked well over 70k in all types of Road conditions and rough driver.

Toyota Etios is the worst option according to me, given its build quality & non refined engine.

Also the cost of Spares for Nissan are lower when compared to Honda or any other competitor in its class.

• Like 3

I wont comment about Honda, But Nissan Sunny Diesel is any day better than all other options laid out in terms of maintenance and cost of ownership. Its over 1.5 years since we have owned this car & its really doing well, Clocked well over 70k in all types of Road conditions and rough driver.

Toyota Etios is the worst option according to me, given its build quality & non refined engine.

Also the cost of Spares for Nissan are lower when compared to Honda or any other competitor in its class.

I agree about etios, its bad.

Thanks for sharing your experience on sunny.

Sent from my RM-914_using Tapatalk

Wanted a petrol car since my usage is not much...

For me, now remains the test drive and the user maintenance comparison between Sunny and City.

Verna is a good option, excellent Diesel engine..but I somehow dont have the zeal for Hundai...

Thanks for the prompt help..

Guys, any take on Chevrolet Sail??

Hey friends,<br />
Happy to tell you all got vento tdi hl (more of heart won over head)<br />
Now looking for <br />
Good budget gps tracker or<br />
suggest budget android phone with huge battery back up.<br />
Also suggest which network to opt for gsm/ cdma (thinking of bsnl gsm/or vodafone) should have better coverage all over india as i do lot of long road trips. should have better for coverage.( so i can use it as gps tracker)? <br />
Main usage is car security so wont be having continuous power supply.<br />
or any other suggestion<br />
Thanks in advance<br />
Vaibhav

Update : Thanks Hitesh BHai

Edited by vabs

Hey friends,

Happy to tell you all got vento tdi hl (more of heart won over head)

Now looking for

Good budget gps tracker or

suggest budget android phone with huge battery back up.

Also suggest which network to opt for gsm/ cdma (thinking of bsnl gsm/or vodafone) should have better coverage all over india as i do lot of long road trips. should have better for coverage. )with huge batery back ( so i can use it as gps tracker)?

Main usage is car security so wont be having continuous power supply.

or any other suggestion

Thanks in advance

Vaibhav

I think you can go for razr maxxIt has awesome battery n can serve your purpose. You can get used on ebay.com easily n import it through ppo or snsThough it is Verizon, it will accept any gsm out of the box. Exact model no is xt912For network, i would suggest get an idea/voda/airtel 3g sim from any other circle n use in your circle in roaming. For ex, airtel mumbai sim works in idea n voda 3g/2g n airtel 2g (since it does not have license for 3g in Maharashtra) in Maharashtra This way you have very good coverage in all over Maharashtra. Same will apply in other states.. Sent from my LG-VS980 using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

^^ Hitesh Bhai Thanks a LOT

gone thru ebay but got more confused, to be honest felt rim web sellers are better and clear in their listing and safe :)

well now i am trying to setup my old defy with custom rom with only tracking app (Real Time GPS Tracker) to get max out of battery

may be will try with solar power bank attached too .. need to do actual testing.

if that dont work out then will wait for used razr maxx on rimweb (in very tight budget)

that phone so gr8 its tempting to replace with my trustworthy moto photon if find mint .. but that's future plan as few of them are selling here at 15K+

one another option is there : i also have nokia n79 and aftrack for symbian something similar.

Have extra vodafone sim so that settle network issue.

Thanks again Hitesh bhai will keep you all updated

For GPS instead of using phone please use standalone systems - any MMI for GPS and Autocop Track Pro for tracker + central locking (uses GSM for tracking - check if they support all networks though)

Look at tbhp for more details or ask Dkaile

Edited by digitalnirvana
  • Like 1

^^thanks digital <br />

i have been already searching on tbhp... for gps system sygic is doing gr8 job. I cant use autocop as vw is peculiar about warranty if i cut any wires. That why looking for standalone.

There is no warranty issue, now a days all standard gps systems are come with various sockets, so no wire cuts. I have used full desk MGP from more then one year.

• Like 1

@Vabs,

If u r planning to use handset for GPS get a 12V (i guess) adapter which takes power from car battery. It works even if yr battery does not hold charge but shud be in the phone.

• Like 1

Last month I got All New Ford Fiesta 1.5D Style, The car I found is good. The offer is going on for 1.5 L and on road the offer reach 2 L for Diesel Car, which is VFM.

It have all top end features, i.e. ABS, Airbags, Auto AC, Power Windows, even Cruise Control, Hill Asst. etc, This car is Global Car and designed for upper (international) market, As per Ford this car build on ultra high strength boron steel, four times stronger than standard high strength steel.

Ford having History to offer competitive prices (Example : Figo & EcoSport), when they offer any New Model, but when they lunch this model, people found expensive than its range of competitors. Now they corrected the prices.

For 1.5L Diesel Engine, I must say it is superb and offer good mileage.

Link : http://www.india.ford.com/cars/new-fiesta/features

1.5 lakhs?

Sorry I did not understand the price

^^ i think so sandeep is refering to 1.5Lt engine ... ford is giving discount due low sale figures ..

1.5 lakhs?

Sorry I did not understand the price

Ford is offering 1.5 Lakh Discount on Ex-showroom price, On Road price discount will be around 2 Lakh.

^^ i think so sandeep is refering to 1.5Lt engine ... ford is giving discount due low sale figures ..

Yes, it have 1.5 Lt Engine, As this car not performing well on sales, India Ford offering discount.

Popular Indian cars fail crash tests

_72646274_72646273.jpg
India's best-selling car Suzuki-Maruti Alto received a zero-star safety rating for adult occupant protection
Five of India's most popular small cars have failed crash tests conducted by a UK-based car safety watchdog.

BBC - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-india-25974754

The tests by Global NCAP showed that if involved in a crash, fatalities or serious injuries could result.

Among the cars tested was India's talismanic Tata Nano, the world's cheapest car, as well as models made in India by Ford, Volkswagen and Hyundai.

The cars were apparently stripped of safety features to make them cheaper for Indian buyers, correspondents say.

The five models accounted for 20% of all sales in the country last year. Estimates say that about 80% of the cars sold in India have price tags of under $8,000 (£4,856).

"It's worrying to see levels of safety that are 20 years behind the five-star standards now common in Europe and North America," said the head of NCAP Global, Max Mosley, the former chief of international motorsport.

Those car manufacturers who have spoken out since the safety tests have insisted that safety is of paramount importance and that they will be reviewing the NCAP's test results.

Airbags left out

The car safety watchdog put five models through crash tests, including the Suzuki-Maruti Alto 800, the Tata Nano, Ford Figo, Hyundai i10 and Volkswagen Polo.

None of these entry-level cars sold in India are fitted with air bags. They also lack the safety standards that the same models have when sold in North America and Europe, according to the watchdog.

"Poor structural integrity and the absence of airbags are putting the lives of Indian consumers at risk. They have a right to know how safe their vehicles are and to expect the same basic levels of safety as standard as customers in other part of the world," Mr Mosley added.

_72645597_72645596.jpg
During the tests on Hyundai i10, the vehicle structures proved inadequate and collapsed to varying degrees
_72645599_72645598.jpg
Coinciding with the Global NCAP tests, Volkswagen has decided to withdraw the non-airbag version of the Polo from sale in India and replaced it with a version which has two airbags
_72646272_72645600.jpg
The Ford Figo's structures remained stable during the tests and Global NCAP says that with airbags, this car would provide much better protection for the driver and the front passenger

As a result of the tests, Volkswagen has withdrawn its Polo model without airbags.

Volkswagon also said the airbags, as well as anti-lock brakes, would become standard from 1 February along with a 2.7% price increase to offset the costs, the Associated Press (AP) news agency reports.

"We are proud to be leading the cause of driver safety," Arvind Saxena told AP.

A Ford spokesperson told the BBC: "Safety is one of the highest priorities in the design of our vehicles. Our vehicles consistently meet or exceed applicable industry safety standards.

"We are monitoring the progress of this review and will work with Indian authorities, GNCAP and the other relevant stake holders as appropriate."

Tata has said it is looking at the Nano's structure for ways to improve its strength, having already added power steering and other features, AP adds.

India's growing middle class has helped fuel a massive boom in car sales but are also always looking for a good bargain, the BBC's Sanjoy Majumder in Delhi reports.

But India also has more road accident deaths than any other country - put down to bad roads, poor driving but also it appears unsafe cars.

Every year, tens of thousands of people are killed on the country's roads and the numbers have been rising steadily - nearly 140,000 people were killed in 2012, according to the government's National Crime Records Bureau.

According to NCAP, it is estimated that 17% of these deaths are of car passengers.

Edited by digitalnirvana
  • Like 3

THe major problem is that airbags and seat belts are not compulsory in India. Seat belts were made compulsory only after SC ruling but still not followed widely. The airbags are have become luxury since the most manufacturers (not high end cars) offer them in top models only. Besides we do not have extreme test and crash facilities in India.

We as consumers also to blame equally. We have never taken security seriously be it vehicle or house.

Dear Friends
Facing some strange problem with my car charger mine is Capdase USB Car Charger PICO CABB00-0P01

to be precise : http://www.flipkart.com/capdase-usb-car-charger-pico-cabb00-0p01/p/itmdnymydwhy2n2t?pid=ACCCZ9Z3GXWAJ5MY

now till now it was working fine with maruti alto charging (moto defy, moto photon, sammy fascinate and moto electricfy too)

now in my VW vento i could only charge (moto defy sammy fascinate lenovo s820) but could not charge (moto photon and moto elecrify)
i tried different cables cleaned the connectors but it seems its not charging .. when i connect cable to phones it will show charging but wont charge

is 2 amp car charger will solve my issue? Capdase Revo K2 CARV-A6T 2.4 Amp Dual USB Car Charger

http://www.amazon.in/Capdase-Revo-CARV-A6T-Dual-Charger/dp/B00E6KPH1W/ref=sr_1_6?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1391667943&sr=1-6&keywords=car#productDetails

pour in your valuable suggestions, thanks in advance

Vaibhav

^^ update : got pico charger, now photon and every other phone is charging perfect so it was amp issue than charger

Sent from my Moto Photon 4g using Taptalk2

• Like 1

Planning for a new diesel car. Budget about Rs. 8 lakh. I'm keen on EcoSprots (diesel) might have to stretch the budget. But many say it is not that good. So need some real users review or someone can recommend. Other options are Hyundai Xcent, Maruti Dzire or Honda Amaze (least preferred).

Experts please reply.. thanks in advance.

^^ never driven ecosport so cant comment .. dezire is good with maruti service .. xcent too early to judge .. amaze gr8 petrol but not so sure about diesel.

vabs

Sent from my Moto Photon 4g using Taptalk2

Ecosport doesn't feel like any kind of SUV even remotely though it's pitched like urban/compact SUV. The ride quality is smooth for city. Decent power. Go for the new Eco boost or something they call 999cc engine. It has a neat balance of power and economy.

sent from my Moto G - Reliance

Chiragbhai,

Keeping aside the budget factor, I would always prefer Ecosport compared to all the other three options.

Hyundai Xcent: Overall Good Car with great features but the Engine lacks the required power and punch. 1.1 Crdi Engine is No fun to drive inspite of the added power compared to the Grand i10. It can be preferred if the car is going to be used as chauffeur driven.

Maruti Dzire: Sells only bcoz its a Maruti. Cannot say that it outclasses the competition in a particular segment. However, the engine is fun to drive.

Honda Amaze: Engine is punchy & powerful but the Interiors are not as good as others and the feature list is minimal. NVH levels are a big deterrent. Reminds you of old Diesel engines.

Ford Ecosport (Diesel): Good Overall Package. SUV or Not is a debatable question. Good sturdy Ride and Handling even on the Highways at speed of 140 Up. Fun to drive. Interiors are also nice with good list of Features. Ford services are little expensive compared to the competition.

If you are not looking for the SUV or seven seater, I would suggest you to look at the Honda City diesel as well. Its almost the same budget range of Ecosport however the fuel efficiency is way higher and car is feature rich especially the SV & V models. The drive is also quite Good. Just take a Test drive once and then take a call.

Good Luck with your purchase and kindly update once you narrow down on a particular option.

• Like 2

Thank you everyone for the response. I am buying car for city used only (95%). I know that EcoSport is not an SUV but I liked the shape and it is different. I generally buy a car through a broker who said EcoSport is not that great. He might be thinking of resale value.

Now need to convince my bro and other family members for EcoSports. Will keep you posted.

Go for Ford Eco Sport for sure...

Even i was looking to purchase the same till last month but cancelled as i want a 5 seater car...

The Features and Usability is the best in the class...

Or if your budget is low go for Hyundai I20... Again a car with top features in its class but a bit small car then compared to others...