Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
avishekghosh

MTS Launches EVDO Data Plans For Mobile Customers

MTS India launched few attractive plans for mobile evdo customers in few circles...

We can use it on evdo enabled mobiles & in pc also..4 plans was launched..

The denominations are

*4.99 INR-1 Day validity-15 mb data

*7.99 INR-2 Days validity-30 mb data

*31.99 INR-7 Days validity-200 mb data

*97.99 INR-30 Days validity-2 GB data

I am using 97.99 plan...its awesome....

For detailed information....

See this....http://telecomtalk.i...#comment-145002

• Like 4

just talked to MTS Delhi CC. They don't have any info about this plan.

Will talk to one MTS dealer tomorrow.

Dosto... Dua karo yea khabar sach ho.

I expect reliance to offer such plans to the satisfaction of its cdma customer base.

97.99 pack looks great... Even better than GPRS packs but on EV-DO... In 3G operators give max 150MB only for Rs100... So t is the best plan up to date...

But still it will be better if they used some round figure amount like 96Rs or Rs101 pack, instead of this 97.99 recharge, imho...

called to CC in maharshtra,

they dont have any update for these plan.

I will try to recharge with Rs 4.99 today to check reality.

BTW how to check remaining balance of usage in MB?

The new data plans from MTS are currently available in Kolkata, West Bengal and some selected circles.

Rs.97.99 for 2 GB data usage with 30 days validity looks awesome :Ohhhh:

wake up Rcom!

^^^

Why only RCOM?

It should be the wake up call for Tata Indicom also. Karthik ji, you are a Tata subscriber, let's give them a strong dash. What's going on? We are sticking to Tata Indicom for cheap voice tariff, but no better handset, no good data!

Every RCDMA users are expecting these good plans from Reliance. Rel should wake up otherwise MTS will grab the all RCDMA users. Thanks MTS to bring some relief in the CDMA data plans.

I was thinking to port out to GSM for good data plans. But with this initiative from MTS, its like another good reason to stick to CDMA, however with MTS only ;)

@ Sougata Regarding data pack, TI is already offering unrestricted 1Gb HSIA data usage for 300 bucks and 5Gb data for Rs.94 for Tata Zone Internet Browsing. Further reduction in tariff is welcome but shouldn't be our paramount concern but we should press for better handsets at reasonable price or official foreign handset registration like Rcom.

Let's not hijack this thread, we can continue our discussion on handset here and on data packs here

http://www.moneycont...fer_585163.html

Reliance has unveiled some 3G plans. But, it is not for CDMA. It is nothing compared to MTS plans.

Edited by @Akash

just talked to MTS Delhi CC. They don't have any info about this plan.

Will talk to one MTS dealer tomorrow.

Dosto... Dua karo yea khabar sach ho.

called to CC in maharshtra,

they dont have any update for these plan.

I will try to recharge with Rs 4.99 today to check reality.

BTW how to check remaining balance of usage in MB?

on mtsindia.in there are some FRC for delhi and mumbai which offers EVDO 10 GB/month for 2 months. Ask CC about these and any plans after that. The above mentioned plans are launched in Kolkata & WB.

@avishekghosh

MTS offers free roaming for its data cards. whether the above rates for mobile data use are applicable on roaming in other MTS circles also?

This should be a pilot in WB.

and i hope it will be soon available in delhi too.

If that happens, i will buy their 5k android phone and will do at least 2 recharges of 2gb in a month.

@ inception.

Tried asking for EVDO plan in mumbai, but mts store was not having any info.

Also i had tried recharging with 4.99, it's says "invalid amount"

So i think plan not configured for MAHARASHTRA circle.

could be so..may be its in the test phase right now..

Avishek has posted in Telecomtalk that the offer is available only when the OMH RUIM is bought bundled with the 'Net Phone' handsets offered by MTS. Such phones are Ivory, Buzz and Alive.

But my questions are:

Are these RUIMs handset locked? Or can I use a RUIM on an MBlaze?

Avishek's post in Telecomtalk shows a screenshot of Galaxy Pop (OMH) with the particular recharge. Then the exclusive bundled offer with handset doesn't hold good. Is it so?

I wanted to ask these questions in detail from Avishek. Sent a PM to him. But he didn't respond. Does anyone know?

I want to use this on an MBlaze over wifi router.

Avishek has posted in Telecomtalk that the offer is available only when the OMH RUIM is bought bundled with the 'Net Phone' handsets offered by MTS. Such phones are Ivory, Buzz and Alive.

But my questions are:

Are these RUIMs handset locked? Or can I use a RUIM on an MBlaze?

Avishek's post in Telecomtalk shows a screenshot of Galaxy Pop (OMH) with the particular recharge. Then the exclusive bundled offer with handset doesn't hold good. Is it so?

I wanted to ask these questions in detail from Avishek. Sent a PM to him. But he didn't respond. Does anyone know?

I want to use this on an MBlaze over wifi router.

Option 1: get OMH RUIM with your own handset (for eg Avishek uses G-pop). No extra data benefit. Rs2/MB or get these recharges.

** 20GB data benefit is available in Delhi and Mumbai, but NOT in Kolkata & WB.

Option 2: Get OMH RUIM with MTS Net phones - in this case you will get 10GB/month EVDO data for 2months. These Ruims are handset locked and data benefits will be choked if you use it with other devices.

Though I was told these recharges are only for mobile users, I am going to take a OMH RUIM, recharge and use on a EVDO dongle.

^

I want to know the case particularly for the OMH phones (like Avishek's G Pop), which are not net phones of MTS. If the plan allows this benefit only on net phones, how come Avishek uses the new recharge of Rs. 97.99?

If this recharge is allowed for OMH phones, how MTS will know whether the OMH RUIM is being used on an OMH phone or on an MBlaze?

Please let me know your result of recharging an OMH.

@sougata.

You are messing up all info.

MTS provide following

1) mts mblaze, no RUIM all MBLAZE recharge applicable.

2) MTS branded NET phone. free 10GB/month then use mobile rechage(97.99) or MBLAZE rechage. ( sim given with phone are mapped to handset.)- sim can be used only with phone till free data consumption, then freedom to use with ANY DEVICE.

3) NEW/OLD OMH sim, any MBLAZE or MOBILE recharge (97.99) are applicable.SIM can be used with ANY DEVICE.

• Like 1

^

If that is the case, then point number three is my 'Khonj'.

A new connection on an OMH RUIM, along with the recharge of Rs. 97.99, if works on a USB device, what else is required? Who will go for a locked phone that too with a mapped RUIM?

Anyways, @Rudradeep, please let me know your experience.

I am having a MTS blaze USB modem is it possible to have this plan...?

@sougata

I had already used mts sim modem, But at that time i had used recharged of Rs198.

you can surely try extension by recharging with mobile recharge.or rs97.99 in USB modem.

or wait till

Rudradep tell his experience.

can nebody confirm if this recharge is available in delhi ......................i tried recharging with such amount but the transaction declined

i have both mblaze nd mts omh ruim with my samsung handset

I enquired with MTS staff, it seems they are launching it on 22nd or 23rd of this month.