Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
avishekghosh

MTS Launches EVDO Data Plans For Mobile Customers

MTS is not ready 2 give me OMH RUIM as I am using OMH but BREW handset Samsung F219 :(:(:(:(

MTS is not ready 2 give me OMH RUIM as I am using OMH but BREW handset Samsung F219 :(:( :(:(

Just ask ur friend or relative, if they have corby or similar handset.

yhen go to MTS store with that handset by saying it's my handset.

I went to the MTS franchisee here, OMH RUIM is available. But I'm not sure (the guys there are dumb) whether these RUIMs are for mobile phones only or can be used on MBlaze? The MBlaze available with them don't have RUIM slot. The MBlaze (unlocked) offered by Mohit Prakash (weapon-x) seems workable.

I don't need another mobile connection (that too from MTS), but only for checking this special EVDO recharge of Rs. 97.99, I need to spend the following:

Rs. 1600 for the modem if bought from weapon-x, (or Rs. 978 from the ebay seller for the same product, unlocked modem of MTS)

Rs. 299 for the new activated RUIM (with Rs. 95 MSaver and Rs. 155 of talktime, which are not required by me)

Rs. 97.99 recharge for EVDO

i.e. Rs. 1996.99 for this experiment (Rs. 1374.99, if the modem is bought from ebay), which will be costly for me, if fails. I'm telling this because Avishek's post in Telecomtalk.info shows that it requires special activation from a handset. I didn't get any response from him regarding this when I asked some questions on this activation through PM. As per the conditions, it is mandatory to buy a netphone from MTS for this offer, but Avishek is using it on Galaxy Pop. I don't know the secrets of this special offer on OMH phones other than the netphones of MTS.

This offer is still not avilable pan-India, hence very few people can throw some light on this. Rudradeep (inception) also couldn't get hold of it.

If this offer is not launched pan-India, it will not last for long, I fear.

@avishek

it is still unanswered question

how to check data balance

@saket

There is no direct way to check data balance till now...but when we will send "BAl" to 51230 or call 177,all other balance including remaining data balance will be displayed by sms...this is the only way as per my knowledge till now..

If i have any new updates,i will post that here

Sent from my SCH-I559 using Tapatalk

MTS will soon launch these awesome evdo packs in other circles..

Sent from my SCH-I559 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I must thank Avishek a lot for apprising about this fantastic launch.

I bought an OMH RUIM, and then activated it with HSD. The guys here at my place were not ready to recharge my number with Rs. 97.99.

Avishek took all the pain to recharge my new number from his place. I'm now having this EVDO of MTS - 2GB for a month for only Rs. 97.99

I'm writing this post with this connection. Below is the speedtest result.

1514467134.png

• Like 1

in my area also.

RETAILER r refused to recharge with such odd amount.

MTS had not communicated to it's retailers about these recharges.

MTS not taking it seriously.

I must thank Avishek a lot for apprising about this fantastic launch.

I bought an OMH RUIM, and then activated it with HSD. The guys here at my place were not ready to recharge my number with Rs. 97.99.

Avishek took all the pain to recharge my new number from his place. I'm now having this EVDO of MTS - 2GB for a month for only Rs. 97.99

I'm writing this post with this connection. Below is the speedtest result.

1514467134.png

Thanks Sougata....its my pleasure...

Its good that u r now able access High Speed EVDO data with MTS ....

& u r getting good speed also...

in my area also.

RETAILER r refused to recharge with such odd amount.

MTS had not communicated to it's retailers about these recharges.

MTS not taking it seriously.

Yes,I am agreed with u..

MTS should take it seriously...they have to ask their retailers about these denominations....

Even Big Stores also refuses such odd amount, reason being there is very very low margin on recharges and there is no policy for reversal now atleast in RCom. And wrong recharges money cant be beared by retailers.

Now in the morning time the speed is better. I'm quite happy :)

1515489190.png

@ avishek

Can u try to rechage my MTS sim of maharsahtra from your place? atleast Rs4.99, to check whether this plan works in maharshtra or not.

also tell me, how retailer are entering amount in thier easy rechage option?

:previous:

I send a PM to u.......

Check it........

I have a question for anybody using the mts connection. Does your network go dormant if u do not use the internet or leave it in idle state on your handset

^^^

Didn't experience such freezing with long idle condition.

Tempting all about this fantastic EVDO with my speedtest result once again. Tried this test at this peak usage time.

1518346777.png

Dear Sougata,

I was so tempted that I just purchased a AC2766 from the same seller.

But do not know when the same plan or similar will be launced in Delhi.

it's still suggestion for u santanu and all.

It's always been better to buy and use FACTORY unlocked micromax 300c device.

rather than MTS branded ZTE modem.

me too bought ZTE AC2766 from the seller mentioned by sougata da because i was not able to find MMX 300C.. and that person is very co-operative.. because am facing some problem in BSNL CDMA RUIM, he even offered me refund for the same..

I talked to a friend who is MTS dealer and he was clear, don't axpect this package any time soon in Delhi.

:'(

Bad news shouldn't be shared, but now I have to look elsewhere.

Friends, If you know someone working in/for MTS-Delhi, please enquire about this package.

I will be glad if this news turns out to be wrong.

it's still suggestion for u santanu and all.

Your point well taken.

But was tempted to the price of Rs 927/-.

I thought if I do not find it useful and I can always dispose it off.

300c is definitely best choice.

Is is so? I didn't know. On what count it is better? ZTE is a worldwide accepted brand and Micromax is only a rebranded Chinese product. Anyways, I'm getting quite good speed, see the result of today:

1519267631.png

In fact, I've seriously started thinking about ending my tryst with Tata Indicom. I've quite a good number of relatives,friends and colleagues who are using Tata network. By using Tata2Tata unlimited local pack and 25hrs STD pack I save at around Rs. 2500/month. But MTS's data pack has compelled me to think otherwise. What if I port out to MTS? The voice tariff is also quite cheap with 1p/2sec local calls @ Rs. 95/year. And the data pack is simply the best. No NUC lilke Reliance. I don't know how many Reliance EVDO enabled handset owners here really use mobile data packs on their handsets. With NUC so high (it makes EVDO even costlier with higher data speed compared to 1X), aren't everybody just cramped to use internet over wifi only?

Dear Sougata,

Please do not rush to any conclusion. We do not as yet know whether the MTS EVDO plan in your area is limited promotional offer.

Surviving with just 100 bucks from one subscriber and offering 2GB seems to be far fetched.

Once the same scheme is introduced in most states, then only we can conclude that this unbelievable plan is here to stay.

I also use TATA for their ON NET plans primarily. ( Otherwise my bill would also be 3000+ )

TATA EVDO speeds in Delhi is not great but tolerable whereas MTS is much better.

^^^

Okay, dear Santanu, I'll think well before taking the decision. Now I'm with Tata only for its cheapest on-net tariff.

I've written a mail today to Tata Indicom's MD's desk requesting them to think over introducing cheaper EVDO. Moreover, EVDO on Tata is absent altogether in Rest of WB circle. I don't know whether my mail will create any impact or not. Previously, Tata used to give much importance to opinions if mailed directly to them.

@sougata

i had also thouth of porting my tata number ot MTS.

BUT after buying a SAMPLE sim of OMH, and after facing lot of problem with using MBLAZE of my friend

i COMPLETELY SAY NO TO MTS for VOICE AND DATA.

Although tata indicom also have similar 2GB pack for Rs 43 for EVDO and 1X handset. discussion is here. ( topic is started by u)

http://www.rimweb.in/forums/topic/26536-tata-indicom-reintroduces-internet-packs/

MTS is realtively new operator with very less intention for customer service. also coverage is poor, They have make advantage of time, whenever they want put new TOWER they installed EVDO directly. which make them spread EVDO coverage faster then rcom and tata.

Bcoz tata and rcom has to identify site, then install or upgrade tower to EVDO, which is comparitively costly affair.

Regarding micromax and ZTE.

once you use you will find dieerence, and you would say 300C is better choice than ZTE ac2766. bcoz factory unlocked, no warranty void after unlocking, SIMPLE UI than ZTE. better feature and GOOD network and speed