Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
caringlover

ShopAndShip / PPO Box & other package forwarders

AFAIK, any gift valued less than Rs 10000 can be duty free. If it is a gift, there should be no invoice. It is left to customs to decide whether it really cost less than Rs 10000.

Items sent as gift, get a deduction of Rs 10000 from CIF (Cost+Insurance+Freight) and tax is calculated on remaining amount.

Why dont GOI makes any pruchase for personal use less than Rs 10000 duty free?

Let me clarify--

Rs 10000 limit for Gifts is only for the item (Cost) while Insurance, freight are not included in this value. For example, a Item sent a gift for USD 200 & shipping is USD 50, So cost is below the 10000 limit. Also note cost of gifted item is calculated as per its price in country of Origin & not as per its price in India.

for the above example, if customs finds that item is under valued & it should be USD 230. They shall charge duty on CIF Value USD 283 (USD 230 + USD 50 + 1% Insurance). Remember NO Deduction is given if cost of gifted item is above Rs 10000. Rather they will calculate cost as per CIF value.

GOI has made Purchases for Rs. 2000 free for personal usage.

Another logistics company which provides similar services from US is http://www.iccworld.com/index.asp.

They have a PPO service wherein on free registration you will be given a post box number at their warehouse address at Newyork. You can get any materials shipped to their warehouse and they inturn ship it to India and door delivered to your address after customs clearance. http://www.iccworld.com/ppo.asp

They have one more service called as shop abroad http://www.iccworld.com/shopnow.asp wherein you can enter the details of the product you want to buy from a US website and they will get back to you with the landing cost at your door step in indian rupees including shipping and Customs duty.

Edited by venbab
  • Like 2

@smnrock, what was the total cost you paid for 32GB touchpad shipping + customs through sns and how much it was weighed by them(weight of the 32GB package), since they calculated my hp veer with touchstone dock as 3.4 lbs for which they charged me around Rs.1800/- for only shipping even though I told them that it won't weigh that much. Do they accept the firesale price invoice or do they assess based on the market value, I've ordered a 32GB TP from onsale for around $170($149 + taxes + shipping), how would they calculate duties for that price.And one more thing is that it was ordered on my distant friend's name using his credit card, so invoice will be on his name, will it be a problem.

^I've bought 16GB version and they did accept the firesale price invoice. You need to send it to karan or india@shopandship.com. Mostly for the items valued < 200$ (price + shipping to india) wont attract any duty! Invoice name is not a problem :)

^^ Ok, thanks for the information, my 32GB TP was shown as 4.10 lbs in the UPS tracking details, I'm sure it won't be different than 16GB, how much did the sns weigh your 16 GB TP package.

You never know how they clear parcel with customs. They say they do it as per invoice. but its not true. They do it randomly.

For 3 Mobile phone I have paid

235, 58, 117

while cost for all 3 was in range of 7500 to 8300.

^^ Ok, thanks for the information, my 32GB TP was shown as 4.10 lbs in the UPS tracking details, I'm sure it won't be different than 16GB, how much did the sns weigh your 16 GB TP package.

one is 3.32 lb, paid Rs 1725 as shipping charge and another package is 7.05 lb which had 2 TP's in it :) paid Rs 2943

Shop And Ship has Season's Surprise Celebration Offer on Shipments.. Details in Attached Image..

post-4104-0-70457400-1317296035_thumb.jp

• Like 1

Very fast Rajan ji,

I just logged in to post this and saw you posted this already.

Just to explain (As per Mr. Karan Ansari):-

This discount will be valid on all shipments arriving at SNS Newyork/UK/China address between 1st to 31st October.

5% off on 1st shipment, 10% off on second and so on..........., no discount codes nothing else. Shipping charges will be shown after adjustment of these discounts.

Bad for me.

My 2 shipment have arrived already. 1 going to come tomorrow.

So as per Tarun's post no discount for me... :ranting:

@kapil, same in my case, from 26th till 2day morning 4 shipments arrived. Three more in transit and I wish those don't reach at SNS before 1st.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Received a clarification from SNS regarding celebration offer

Hello!

An important information to share. This offer will not be applicable if you pay the shipping charges with your credit card Online.

Latest Update on SNS - Season's Surprise Celebration Offer

As per mail received from SNS:-

An important information to share. This offer will not be applicable if you pay the shipping charges with your credit card Online.

Now they say that the website will show the normal charges at the tracking page and if you opt for Credit Card payment, you will have to pay full non-discounted rates. But if you pay in cash through their courier delivery boy, you will be charged discounted rates.

Edited by tarun_kabra

Even otherwise without the discount offer part and for normal transactions, i would suggest all to pay shipping + customs through cash only to delivery boy and not online through Credit Card. I am not too sure whether they are using a proper third party secure payment gateway for online CC payments. It's risky to let them store your credit card numbers / details in their system.

Not only that, paying by credit card costs at least 2-3% higher as compared to cash.

This is what I have experienced in my last few deals.

When you pay by credit card, it in not charged in INR (Rs.) but it is charged in USD and bank rates after FCY markup fees are higher.

From information on Aramex.com, it looks like they uses infofort.com IT solutions for secure payment. It is an aramex company.

Edited by @Akash

Want To Buy Kindle Fire from Amazon. But I dont know how SnS works can someone please guide me?

Thanks in Advance

Order it to the address that SnS gives you. You need to register with SnS to get the address. Once they receive the package, pay the shipping fee and it will be delivered to you.

Order it to the address that SnS gives you. You need to register with SnS to get the address. Once they receive the package, pay the shipping fee and it will be delivered to you.

hi,

I tried to registered with sns, butthey charged onetime membership fees around 45$, I will be only using this service once, is there any other company which can accept indian payment method ?

@sunilromy

Use discount code USD5983402 while registering with ShopAndShip. You will be charged only $ 5 instead of $ 45.

Edited by rajanmehta
  • Like 1

hi,

I tried to registered with sns, butthey charged onetime membership fees around 45$, I will be only using this service once, is there any other company which can accept indian payment method ?

Check Post# 27 of this thread

Use coupon code USD5983402. I opened my friend's account last week using it.

@sunilromy

Use discount code USD5983402 while registering with ShopAndShip. You will be charged only $ 5 instead of $ 45.

+1 for this. Thanks, Coupon code works.

I tried generated hdfc netsafe,

but it s**ks, i found its not working. Generated 2 vvc, no use. I dont have credit card.

"Errors occurred, please correct them and try again." csc error. Fed up.

:( I cant even pay 5$ damm irritating.

HDFC Netsafe works great. Even I used HDFC Netsafe VCC to register on shopandship.