Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
caringlover

ShopAndShip / PPO Box & other package forwarders

ShopAndShip is offering 10% Valentine Discount on Shipping for all shipments received between 1st Feb – 14th Feb 2012 at their origin facility.

This discount is applicable only on payments in cash on delivery

Is the 5$ offer for opening new account still available.

^^^ Have you checked this old code -- USD5983402

That code is not working anymore.

Now one can register for $ 10 using Master Card Credit Card and Discount Code MC634926IND

Try if the same code works with other credit cards also.

thanks that worked.

They charged me Rs.1455/- as custom fee for the HP Touchpad that is valued Rs.9200/-(this is not the value that I send in Invoice, this is the customs assessed value that I saw on the customs paper in person in their Hyd Office), adding to that another Rs.1700/- for shipping. What is baffling to me that they charged customs for an item that is assessed by Customs under Rs.10000/-, May be some experienced members can shed some light on this & clarify whether the items assessed by customs for under Rs.1000/- extract any custom duty fee

And I've forwarded the original invoice of $150 to karan before my shipment reached their NY office, & he told me(on telephonic conversation with him) that this will be valued for $150 only. This is second time that I faced problem with their service out of three times I used their services, they weighed hp veer as 3.8lbs(same as they weighed my TP) in one shipment whereas just a week before that they weighed another veer as 1.5 lbs, there was no use even though I took it to their notice, they ended up charging me double(1800) the amount to the earlier shipment(900).

can some experienced member answer my question asked in my previous post please?, will an item which is assessed by customs for a value of under Rs. 10000/- extracts any custom duty fee?

:previous: Rs.10000 value item is certainly bound to pay customs duty fee. For a 54.43 USD invoice electronics item I shipped through them I was charged Rs.1046 customs duty (+ the shipping charge).

This is how they calculated: Customs assessed value was determined as Rs.3529 (2884.79 INR + 21.125%+1% where 21.125% was cost of insurance & freight and 1% landing charge) and the customs duty for it was 26.8%, i.e.Rs.946 + Rs.100 INR broker fee. So I ended up paying around Rs.2000 (~Rs.1000 shipping + ~Rs.1000 duty) for an item costing Rs.2884

:previous: whoa! thats rediculous having to pay almost the value of the item as shipping + duty fee, my shipment was charged Rs.1355 as Custom fee which is 14.5% of Rs.9250(customs assessed value of TP) + Rs.100 Broker fee, in second page of this thread we can read that smnrock got his single TP with out any duty & he referes someone who got even 32 GB with out any duty fee, this is what baffling to me why some one gets charged in a different way to other for the same amount(in this case both are under Rs.10000/- value)

btw thanks arun for ur reply,

The post that you are referring to was made on 15 September 2011. SnS had sent an email with the following content on November 15, 2011 after which it seems they are strictly following the regulations from the Customs Department:

1) As per the Indian customs, the imported shipments for which the invoices will not be provided will not be custom cleared , and it would be under the discretion of the customs officers for further action.

2) As per Sec 13 we being Authorized Courier to clear the shipments, it has been strictly be informed to us to educate Customers that only Bonafide Gifts and Sample from a person to person is considered duty free up till value of INR 10000 as per Courier regulations of 1998, and not purchases made in foreign countries which are imported into India. All shipments being carrying foreign transaction it’s bound to attract duty going further which has been informed to us by Assistant Commissioner failing to comply with regulation there will be fine and penalty as per sole discretion of Customs. It applies for all transport companies.

So it looks like the customs department is strict nowadays. On a side note, I was charged customs duty around Rs.200 for mobile accessories (not even battery, just plastic stuff!) worth Rs.650 for shipment that was delivered via normal post. However there was no customs duty for an electronic item worth around Rs.1000 that was shipped via normal post. Both items were from Hong Kong/China. :bash:

As per Sec 13 we being Authorized Courier to clear the shipments, it has been strictly be informed to us to educate Customers that only Bonafide Gifts and Sample from a person to person is considered duty free up till value of INR 10000 as per Courier regulations of 1998, and not purchases made in foreign countries which are imported into India.

I should have told them it is gift then(may be a valentines day gift), b'cause the TP which I got now was purchased back in september 2011 from onsale.com, so now it was shipped to me(NY sns Hub) by my distant friend in NJ. To add to the discussion I called Karan Asrani(SNS India Operations), he too agreed with me that items assessed by customs for under Rs.10000/- should have been cleared without any duty fee, but he stressed that they can't do anything other than submitting the given invoice & getting the item evaluated for the given invoice value, which they did actually in my case, then it's up to the customs official discretion to charge custom duty or not. Unfortunately I got charged Rs.1455/- custom duty on an item that is evaluated as Rs.9250/- by the f**king dumb a** custom officials :bash:

As a Courier, They also can't declare or clear every item as a Gift.

SNS mentions a value of package on their AWB & most of the packages are cleared as per that mentioned value and NOT as per the invoice, While they keep saying it will as cleared as per invoice..

well if a business invoice is given to customs for the item doesn't it mean it is not a gift? I think a letter/certificate needs to be given to show proof of gift and has to mention the value of item only?

^^^

The AWB has a part for Custom Declaration. Which has to contain all required Information. Carrier/Courier has to file manifest (IGM - Import General Manifest) with Indian Customs for all the item 1 day prior to their arrival.

And most of the Couriers are cleared as per that IGM. They do not show invoice for every item, unless custom's asks for it.

I purchased a mobile (Inspire 4G) costing 13000.00 and I was not charged with Customs Duty. This was in November. And now in January I purchased Blackberry 8830 for 1700.00 and I paid 1300.00 as Customs Duty. Reason behind it was that customs dept. assessed the value of that BB8830 13000 (yes Thirteen thousand). I raised this issue to Karan Asrani of SnS he told me that value assessment is not in their control.

Aramax has also charged me amount above Customs Duty for which the courier guy didn't provided any bill. The courier boy told me that it is "CC" charge for which Aramax did not provide any bill.

This is not possible. Aramex always had bill in their goods delivery. You can raise it to them. Also the assessment value will be there as an attachment. Indeed assessment value is not in the control of SnS. However, did you provide them the bill of your purchase. If you provide them the bill of purchase in most cases it gets assessed correctly

^^^

May be it was not marked as "Mobile Phone". Some times SNS NY office marks mobiles as Electronics which has 27% (approx) duty rate while mobile have 3% custom duty only.

If any time they mark mobile as electronics, make sure you email them & get it corrected.

very strange !!!

I got a mail from sns on 13 march regarding a shipment which I have not oredered.

It is showing the item "Phone".

Should I be worried or happy?

I am afraid if someone has stolen data from sns and sent me some illegal thing in the name of phone.

What do you guys think?

Should I recieved the item or not?

Hurray!!!

Import Duty on mobile phones abolished in this budget...

Guys... wait till next month for your SNS imports...

• Like 1

Hitesh bhai nice piece of info there thanks again!

^^^^^

WOW... Great news sir ji...

^^

Does this mean easy availability of more OMH CDMA phones in India?

^^^

No. More OMH CDMA phones depends purely on business models of CDMA operators & willingness of handset manufacturers.

Custom duty as it is was very low in the range of 2% + for mobiles.

Hurray!!!

Import Duty on mobile phones abolished in this budget...

Guys... wait till next month for your SNS imports...

is the import duty on mobiles or mobile parts that abolished in the new budget?, as I read in rediff news "The custom duty of LCD and LED panels has been exempted. In addition, the mobile phone parts are exempted from basic customs duty, which is expected to bring down the price of mobile phones". So if we go by that line, the new budget doesn't make any difference for us who imports mobiles through sns, right?, may be mobile accessories are exempted?