Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
caringlover

ShopAndShip / PPO Box & other package forwarders

^^

Does this mean easy availability of more OMH CDMA phones in India?

May be it does not mean more omh phones... but you would surely get more deals on rimweb at even better prices... Just wait for the duty cut to be effected...

very strange !!!

I got a mail from sns on 13 march regarding a shipment which I have not oredered.

It is showing the item "Phone".

Should I be worried or happy?

I am afraid if someone has stolen data from sns and sent me some illegal thing in the name of phone.

What do you guys think?

Should I recieved the item or not?

What you can do is check tracking no. of shipper n then track on http://www.packagetrackr.com/. It will automatically detect operator n give u details from where has the parcel been shipped so you can try to guess.

@amitnsonu

Dear friend, if you have any doubts then you should not accept the parcel.

Hi All ! Actually I stumbled upon this interesting topic for thr first time now and was not even aware that there is any way for us to get products directly from US.

My question is a little different though. I have a verified paypal acc with one of my bank account credit card attaced to it. If i purchase an item from ebay US which provides international shipping via USPS, how exaclty the custom process works in this case. Lets say if I purchase a handset worth 300-350$, what would be the custom charge that could be applied to this and if there is any way to work around this?

Any quick help and guidance is highly appreciated as I have found a good deal on ebay US. Thinking about going for it.

Thanks in advance !!

Dev ,before the present budget the Customs on Mobiles was 2%, but i am not sure what it is today.Moreover the maximum customs you would have to bear would be within 500 rupees.So don't worry Cheers

OT : does that means, one can purchase handset directly from ebay.com (without having ShopandShip Account)..

Yes. From Sellers who ship internationally. But it's not worthwhile to do so as in most cases, shipping cost to india itself may turn out to be US $ 30-40.

thanks.. i do not have shopandship account and i do not want to go for that also, because aramex is not having its own facility herein Lucknow.. They tie up with some third party courier agents (came to know when one of my purchase from ebay.in got stuck) Aramex site was updated with status delivered and the product was not delivered to me.. had to travel some 30 kms. to get my package after lots of altercations with aramex CC and local agent..

Sir , I do agree that USPS international shipment is around 30-40$ to india , but if you consider the fee to register a shopandship account (is 45$ one time) and for a person like me who is just interested in using this service very rarely for personal use (only one time in this case) then USPS would be a better option. Don't you think ?

check www.ppoworld.com they offer same service n registration is free of cost...

ppo is service from www.iccworld.com n they are quite reliable... I have used their services n they are equally good as sns.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

but if you consider the fee to register a shopandship account (is 45$ one time)

1. ShopAndShip can be subscribed now with one time fee of US $ 10. Use Discount Code MC634926IND while registering.

2. There is one another service, ShopAbroadOnline where there is no registration charge. >> http://www.shopabroa...ne.com/home.asp

I have heard that they use the same courier for US to India as is used for Ebay India's global easy buy service.

There are two ways to use their service.First is same as ShopAndShip like US address and second, Shop using their service on any US website. Second option is better for websites which do not allow indian credit card to be used or Ebay listings where confirmed US paypal address is required. One can buy from practically any US website as they will make the purchase, payment on their account and later ship, custom clear the item.

Shop Abroad Online FAQ >> http://www.shopabroa...ine.com/faq.asp

Q: what is the difference between Shop Abroad & Just ship?

A: SHOP ABROAD is a personal shopping service wherein WE will purchase theitem for you from any U.S. website. This is most helpful in case you do not have a credit card that you can use to make payments in U.S. Dollars $$. It's easy - you use the shop abroad calculator to tell us what item you want from any U.S. website, we give you a quote that includes the purchase price, international shipping, duty and fees of them item. Once you pay for the item, we re-verify the quote and payment then purchase and ship your products!

JUST SHIP is useful to you if you have the facility to purchase goods online on a U.S. website and just need a local U.S. address for your seller to ship the goods. This is basically a mailforwarding service. When we receive you package in your mailbox we will it forward it to your address in India at our discounted shipping rates (our rates are genrally much cheaper than what any website may charge you for shipping to India)

check www.ppoworld.com they offer same service n registration is free of cost...

ppo is service from www.iccworld.com n they are quite reliable... I have used their services n they are equally good as sns.

Thanks a lot buddy for pointing me to this site.. I have one query, I calculated the cost of shipment of a 300$ handset and it has two sections - shipping csot + duty and taxes.. so does that mean the price quote they are showing includes custom duty too ?

Aramex Sns account is just 5$.not 45$.

Thanks and +1 @rajanmehta for providing valuable info. I have a small query.

How many does it generally takes to get shipment at your door since dispatch from US ?

Thinking of making my first international purchase with help from all you guys... KUDOS !!!

It usually takes one week.

I have picked up one shipment in mumbai in flat five days so its variable

How many does it generally takes to get shipment at your door since dispatch from US ?

Through sns generally it takes a week from the date they receive the item in their NY hub.

Thanks for the advice hitesh. I have made an account in PPOWORLD and planning to purchase a handset from US by tomorrow. I have two question regarding ppo's services:

1. they have a cost calculator utility which asks for value and weight of the package with its type and accordingly calculates- 1. Estm Shipping cost and 2. Estm custom fee and taxes. Does this mean that it includes the custom fee in it and I don;t have to pay any further custom fee ?

2. How much time it takes for them to deliver the product from their NY office.

Thanks again.

Dev, it includes customs and shipping charges.Usually it takes 5 to 8 days to come to you from the seller via PPO.

Don't worry too much n go ahead... You will learn from particle only... In all, you won't pay more than 1500 for 300$ phone

• Like 1

^^^^^^

Thanks Hitesh ji... +2 to you (for too useful posts)....

Thanks a lot u guys for introducing me to this awesome service....

I have finally taken a plunge and have purchased an unlocked galaxy s2 i777 in 300$ from ebay using paypal. I have just payed for it and the seller will ship it to NY's PPO office tomorrow morning. I hope everyting goes well as I get my shipment without issues as soon as possible.

Waiting impatiently for my GS2

KUDOS to you all !!!

:previous:

Congrats buddy, by the way is it a used one?

^^^^^^

Kindly update your experience, once you got the phone here in India...

I want to buy an equipment and co allows only US/Canda address for shipping and billing. though both addresses can be different. if i purchased it and give SNS address, will they ship it to India based on that invoice. or i need India address.

^^ you have to specify your Indian address at the time of registration of sns ac n they will give u an ac code (something like BOM-123) now anything that comes to sns usa address with address containing your sns ac code, they will send it to your Indian address... sns is not concerned with your seller invoice. So, even you give your shipping address to your seller, it should be in format

Chirag shah

BOM - xxx

New York -11413

Just make sure you tell your seller to opt for delivery confirmation service so you have proof off delivery..