Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
caringlover

ShopAndShip / PPO Box & other package forwarders

:previous:

Congrats buddy, by the way is it a used one?

Yes ,its a used one - used for 2-3 months (as per sellers listing), but in good condition. I got actual pictures before paying for it.

Thanx hitesh for explaining..

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

I want to buy an equipment and co allows only US/Canda address for shipping and billing. though both addresses can be different. if i purchased it and give SNS address, will they ship it to India based on that invoice. or i need India address.

If you need US billing address then you need a US CC. If you dont have one, then you can avail shopabroad's assisted buying service.

http://www.shopabroadonline.com/howitworks.asp

^^^^^^

Kindly update your experience, once you got the phone here in India...

Finally Got my phone today , on 11th day from the day I purchased it from Ebay US. Most of the time was taken by custom clearance in Mumbai (as expected) i.e about 4 days (including sunday) and bugger bluedart guys took more than 2 days to deliver it to me from Mumbai to Pune.

So, I had to pay 973rs for shipping + custom fee to PPOworld (now PPObox). But the worse thing that happened is Octroi. I was charged 624rs for octroi and it is the first time, I have been charged octroi on anything. :( I think it might be due to value of shipment mentioned in $.

So all in all , I spent around 17k for AT&T galaxy s2 , although there are minor signs of usage on the phone, I'm loving the swiftness and no-lag goodness of Galaxy s2.

So my opinion for the PPObox (or ppoworld) service would be positive with some conservations as it took a little longer that what I expected to deliver and Customer care service is really bad (not a surprise there!)

• Like 1

You should have hunted more. I have purchased box pack s2 for 20600

Thats great man ... is it from Ebay US only ? And is it the price including shipping and custom ?

+1 for the review dev.....

Thats great man ... is it from Ebay US only ? And is it the price including shipping and custom ?

That's ebay usa only and phone only price.

I paid 1418 for customs and shipping.

Pepperfry s**ks!

Never buy anything from them if the product is low cost or you put a coupon. - They will simply cancel your order.

In my case, after the payment they sent me a mail saying shipping in 3 days. and note that '3' is in large font. But no update from them since. After 9 days they sent a mail to say order cancelled! Refund was done 2 days, and they also shared a coupon for discount of Rs 200.

So I tried to buy another low cost watch to gift from them using that coupon. It is more than 7 days, still no update.

At the same time I find bookmywish.com is really good, got some belts @Rs90 !! they ship it via DTDC and delivery happens within 5 days.

^^^

What does post no 134 & 135 have to do with ShopAndShip Discussion? :doh:

Post in the right topic, there are 2 existing..

SNS becoming bad day by day(atleast in my opinion), last week HP U.S has sent me a replacement of A.C adapter for my HP Touchpad(the original A.C adapter came faulty out of the box) the replacement was free as my TP under warranty. The A.C adapter can be split into two parts see the attached image, the HP U.S strangely shipped me the adapter in two packages (two packages in single shipment) I think by splitting the adapter into two :doh: , now sns people(karan asrani) telling me that they can't consolidate two packages even though they were delivered in single shipment at their NY Hub, interestingly the same guy told me (when I contacted him last month to convey my disappoint regarding my TP was being charged custom duties even after it as being declared under 10k) he can help in combining shipments if required but can't do anything about the custom duties. So now I've to pay around $24 for shipping + customs for an adapter that I could get for $10 + $2 shipping on ebay.com :doh: . The most disappointing thing is that he(Karan Asrani, SNS) didn't stand by his word.

One more thing is that two day back I received an e-mail from Anuradha Iyer(SNS) regarding service tax which is increased to 12.36% from April 1,2012, but when I asked her what about customs duty on mobile accessories (which waived off in the budget) she told me that they haven't received any circular regarding that & as soon as they get it they will update accordingly. Very quick to charge people extra but not so in reducing the cost :angry: .

post-75464-0-50869600-1333523989_thumb.j

Edited by st_7

^^^^^

They do not consolidate shipments. I have faced the same situation. However, multi-package shipment arriving at same time will be treated as one shipment. If you are sure that it was a multi package shipment then escalate it to anuradha iyer. If still not resovled write to percy.avari at aramex.com (Country manager, Aramex).

:previous: ok thanks for your suggestion, I'll immediately write to them, may be they don't consolidate shipments but as I said he(Karan Asrani) has told me that he will help in combining shipments if required and that too my two packages are just of 0.10lb + 0.20lb = 0.30lb. So that's why I asked them to send them as one.

friends,

Want to buy this apple headphone

http://www.ebay.com/itm/OEM-Apple-Stereo-Headset-w-Remote-for-iPod-iPhone-4-4S-3GS-3G-16GB-32GB-64GB-/130626334317?pt=PDA_Accessories&hash=item1e69efae6d

how is the seller? (although rating is very good)

will it work with htc or other phones?

and what is current rate of duty on mobile accesories?

thanks

@ Amit The seller has in product description mentioned that it will fit "all 3.5 mm jack". So Apple headphones work just as headphones on any other device with a standard 3.5 mm headphone jack. But it may happen that the buttons and some features won't be working. I faced this particular issue while trying with a Galaxy S last year.

Edited by Karthik R

friends,

Want to buy this apple headphone

http://www.ebay.com/...=item1e69efae6d

how is the seller? (although rating is very good)

will it work with htc or other phones?

and what is current rate of duty on mobile accesories?

thanks

I have Original Iphone Stereo headset for Rs.750 + 25 Shipping

Those who are importing handsets and any other lithium battery powered products from US through Ebay.com OR other websites directly into India address and if your shipper is USPS, please don't order. Your order may get stuck in US itself as USPS has banned international shipping of smartphones / lithium battery powered products starting Thursday 17th May 2012.

This restriction should not apply as per my interpretation if you are buying through Shop And Ship and other such services and the delivery is meant for your Local US address although USPS is saying it's applicable to,

The prohibition on mailing lithium batteries and cells internationally also applies to mail sent by commercial air transportation to and from an APO, FPO, or DPO location.

USPS bans international shipping of smartphones starting Thursday >> http://www.phonearen...hursday_id30157

USPS DMM Revision: Mailings of Lithium Batteries >> http://about.usps.co...ml/updt_004.htm

Edited by rajanmehta
  • Like 1

Your order may get stuck in US itself as USPS has banned international shipping of smartphones / lithium battery powered products starting Thursday 17th May 2013.

2013 ?

Rajan Babu, abhi toh ek saal baaki hai. :)

^^^

Typo. Edited now. It's 17th May 2012.

How can buy place BID product on eBay.com through shopabroadonline.

Sent from my HTC S710d using Tapatalk 2

Bid as usual in your account and when you won it, put the shipping address of SnS/Others while making payment.

SNS service has slowed down. Now, they are taking on an average 3-4 days to process in US itself. I have shipments which had taken 3 days to show up in my account.

^^^ ditto!

^^True, Need to find better service :)