Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
caringlover

ShopAndShip / PPO Box & other package forwarders

Have you guys heard of a seller named Cart2india online on Ebay? If you require any good to be purchased from any American website, all you need to do is mail them the link of the product you wish to purchase and ask for the approximate price it will cost to import it including duty etc etc.they will respond quickly & if you give them the go ahead they shall list the product for you exclusively on Ebay where you can pay money through the usual means & get the item delivered.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

Those who are importing handsets and any other lithium battery powered products from US through Ebay.com OR other websites directly into India address and if your shipper is USPS, please don't order. Your order may get stuck in US itself as USPS has banned international shipping of smartphones / lithium battery powered products starting Thursday 17th May 2012.

This restriction should not apply as per my interpretation if you are buying through Shop And Ship and other such services and the delivery is meant for your Local US address although USPS is saying it's applicable to,

The prohibition on mailing lithium batteries and cells internationally also applies to mail sent by commercial air transportation to and from an APO, FPO, or DPO location.

USPS bans international shipping of smartphones starting Thursday >> http://www.phonearen...hursday_id30157

USPS DMM Revision: Mailings of Lithium Batteries >> http://about.usps.co...ml/updt_004.htm

freight charges may increase manifold and they wud shift to fedex and others.

Who is using ICC's PPOWorld regularly? The one review in this thread is not that good.

On contrary ICC's GEB sevice on ebay is very good.

Who is using ICC's PPOWorld regularly? The one review in this thread is not that good.

On contrary ICC's GEB sevice on ebay is very good.

Ive used both sns n icc ppo. Both are good with some issues sometimes.

I have been using PPO service of ICC regularly since more than an year, never had any problems. Recently from April onwards they have started slowing shipments from their NY hub due to Indian customs becoming strict, to expedite that, we need to provide proper Invoices supporting value of consignment given in the package id.

• Like 1

Hi Friends,

I am planning to buy a camera from US - eBay.com. Considering the package will weigh somewhere around 2 Kg, can any one please confirm :

1. how much would be the shipping charges and

2. how much could be the possible customs duty.

Approximate cost of the package would be $420.00

Thanks in advance

Hi Friends,

I am planning to buy a camera from US - eBay.com. Considering the package will weigh somewhere around 2 Kg, can any one please confirm :

1. how much would be the shipping charges and

2. how much could be the possible customs duty.

Approximate cost of the package would be $420.00

Thanks in advance

Quote: Rs 8,559.41

Estimated Int'l Shipping & handling RS. 1,815.00

Estimated Duty, Taxes & fees RS. 6,744.41

TOTAL RS. 8,559.41

• Like 1

^^^

Custom duty on digital camera is 28.85%. So the custom duty will be around 120$+34$(shipping rate for 2 kg). This is through shopandship.

Edited by @Akash
  • Like 1

:nerves: :nerves: :nerves:

@Aakash and @Aankush- Thanks for the info.

Lagta hai kisi ko US bhejna padega. Waha se laane ke liye :(

Edited by puneet_july30

Customs Duty list applicable for various items (provided by ShopAndShip)

Custom duty information.pdf

• Like 1

Thanks Arun, I believe duty and shipping charges would be the same with other shipping services too?

:previous: Yes, the customs duty. Shipping charge isn't mentioned in it.

Have you guys heard of a seller named Cart2india online on Ebay? If you require any good to be purchased from any American website, all you need to do is mail them the link of the product you wish to purchase and ask for the approximate price it will cost to import it including duty etc etc.they will respond quickly & if you give them the go ahead they shall list the product for you exclusively on Ebay where you can pay money through the usual means & get the item delivered.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

Guys, avoid cart2india like the plague. One of the biggest frauds on ebay along with their fraud company chronoscouriers.com Beware & stay away or regret later.

^ can you please elaborate.. if you have any bad experiance. buying anything from any ebay seller is protected with "paisapay".

^ can you please elaborate.. if you have any bad experiance. buying anything from any ebay seller is protected with "paisapay".

Sorry for not responding earlier. Was down with viral and was offline. I bought a specific product which was being sold by them on ebay India. POaid using PaisaPay (Thank God foir that!)

Within a few days the drama started. First there was a series of emails stating there was a delay by their supplier in US. There there was a extended delay with the customs in India. Till now I was understandable. My suspicion was aroused when they quoted an X date for courier and updated eBay with X+5 days!! Then I wondered why would anyone lie if their intentions were clean. I started surfing the net. Came across horror stories.

Then when I started speaking to them, I was told they are a new company, short staffed, etc. But when I questioned about lying about courier dates, they had no answer.

Next straw was when they updated the shipping details. It was some number with a company called http://www.chronoscouriers.com/ This appears to be a fake website for 2 reasons:

1. Except their home page & Contact Us page, all other links show as "This page is under construction". This is weird for a Courier company based out of US!

2. Chronos Couriers is shown as a US company. Their 2 employees are based out of Bangalore (same as Cart2India)

Next straw, contradictory information provided depending on who you spoke to in their customer care. First guy said, item shipped by TNT courier from Mumbai. Second guy says, still with customs for clearance. Third said there was a mistake and it will be given to the courier the next day. Fourth said it was given to Bluedart and being shipped from Bangalore!

All this took about a month from online payment date at eBay!

Final straw. It was shipped from Bluedart. I luckily went to bluedart office to collect the parcel. Seeing the size of the parcel, I was sure this was a scam company! Although Bluedart doesn't allow you to open the parcel in front of them, I did and saw cart2india had sent some completely different product to me.

Even after this cart2india fraud doesnt end. While I updated ebay with a request for a refund, cart2india guys called me and cheekily told me that as per their records I have recieved the product. I sent a long detailed complaint to eBay which was sent to cart2india. It clearly mentioned what I had ordered and what I recieved. EVEN after this detailed complaint was with them, they have the audacity to call me ask me why am I seeking a refund! B@st@$#!

Anyways, I have now got my refund, so this story ends here.

What bothers me is that such frauds will kill the ecommerce industry in India. This would be sad!

Can anyone recommend me a good alternative to order stuff from abroad? Reliable, please :) !!

^^^

ebay GEB.

I have ordered many products from cart2india and I have never had any problem with them

Sent from my Motorola Photon 4G

Global ebay is cheaper then Cart to india..

Hello Guys!!!

I wanted to know what my options are if I want to purchase some item (obiviously mobiles) from ebay UK to get it shipped to India. I have been using PPO from ICCworld without any qualms for getting my phones from US till now, but they don't provide service for UK. I know that shop&ship provides the service, but I wanted to know if there are any other like these which provide free registration and cheap shipping from UK (just want to use it once as currently its cheaper to get item from UK comparing euro-dollar value).

Thanks !!!

^ check if the UK seller, is ready to ship the product to US (to your PPO Box address).. just a suggestion..

Use SNS. They have service in UK.

Purchasing item from UK, getting it to US and than idea. Delay and customs all the way. Avoid that !!!

--

Sent from my XT862 using Tapatalk 2

Use SNS. They have service in UK.

Purchasing item from UK, getting it to US and than idea. Delay and customs all the way. Avoid that !!!

--

Sent from my XT862 using Tapatalk 2

U r right sir, shipping to US and then here is both cumbersome and expensive. I may go with Shop&ship only.

Does anyone have past experiences getting items from UK (timespan,cost and service)

Also,

Can anyone give me the latest coupon to get 5$ registration ?

Thanks

I can lend u my sns ac.

You can order in my sns address n i can request aramex to re direct Indian shipping to your address or if item arrives at my address, i will re ship to your address.

You can pay me only shipping charges. But 99% i would be able to redirect from aramex Mumbai itself for free..

If u plan to import regularly, better u buy the service from Sns.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

I can lend u my sns ac.

You can order in my sns address n i can request aramex to re direct Indian shipping to your address or if item arrives at my address, i will re ship to your address.

You can pay me only shipping charges. But 99% i would be able to redirect from aramex Mumbai itself for free..

If u plan to import regularly, better u buy the service from Sns.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

That would be great !!! However I'd first like to know if you have purchased any item(specifically mobiles) from UK using sns account and what kind of charges I have to pay for custom/shipping etc.

I'm currently checking out ebay UK site to get a good deal and once I find a good one , I'll PM you and you can provide me your account details.

THanks.