Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
caringlover

ShopAndShip / PPO Box & other package forwarders

Dev the problem is some people buy mobiles actually at 200$ and declare only 100$. So due to this even genuine people suffer who actually declared correct value. This is what even Sanjay from ppobox said.

^ very true.. thats the whole story behind this chaos..

I went to Mumbai Customs to clear a consignment of good value. The assessing officer felt item is under billed and asked me to enhance value by 30% to which I did not agree. I had to wait for 2 days to see Assistant commissioner and than he suggested officer to check their NIDB (NATIONAL IMPORT DATABASE), where I found most people are importing at a very low value. They play with item description so that customs cant asses their import correctly.

Even today I got a consignment cleared by DHL without any issues from Delhi

Dev the problem is some people buy mobiles actually at 200$ and declare only 100$. So due to this even genuine people suffer who actually declared correct value. This is what even Sanjay from ppobox said.

Its the fault of PPOBox.com, to improve their business they have allowed all the people to declare value of their liking & used to deliver the items to customers with the customs fee for the declared value itself(which shouldn't have been done at first hand) and now the result of that practice can be seen by every body. Look at SNS, they've been strict in asking their customers to provide copies of original invoices(although they are other side of extreme, where they don't care what the customs are being charged, they just pass those charges to the customers) and so they aren't facing any problems with customs offices(officers) even now.

Man! these PPOBox people throwing punches after pucnches at me, now they are asking me to pay Rs.1100/-(~$18.5) to ship my item from their NY hub to my SNS NY address, which is just 15 Miles away. $18.5 for 15 Miles and $10 for some ~ 14,000 KM :bash:

can anybody tells me how sns charged customs on item for an item of value 45 dollar weighing 1 lbs

Man! these PPOBox people throwing punches after pucnches at me, now they are asking me to pay Rs.1100/-(~$18.5) to ship my item from their NY hub to my SNS NY address, which is just 15 Miles away. $18.5 for 15 Miles and $10 for some ~ 14,000 KM :bash:

hello raju ji i have also place same request to ship my item to sns ny hub can u pls able to tell me what is the weight of your package that u requested to ship

Ishop and Ppobox are operated by the same company.

^^^

Its an sister concern of PPOBox,

If you are looking for mobile import, dont even think , right now they are having issue with mobile import.

hii i tried to get it ship it from my ppobox ny address to sns any address is this is a good idea let me know??

Finally got a mail from PPOBOX today informing that one of my item (mobile phone off course) has been dispatched from NY hub. This particular one reached there on 11th July. I also called them today and confirm that its been dispatched yesterday and I should get the reciept in 1-2 days and item dispatched within 3-4 days.

From this one can guage that each item which is in NY hub right now , will have a delay on 15-20 days in the conditions remain same and hopefully can pickup as soon as they are confortable with sending more items in a Day. This news came as a respite to me as this particular one has been booked and paid advance for long back and I was afraid I have to return the money and loose some profits..

Cheers :yahoo:

One of my phone has moved from NY to india too. But one phone which Is already lying in Mumbai, customs and shipping charges paid, no news reg that.

Sent from my skz_tenderloin using Tapatalk HD

Yes guys they r finally starting to ship mobiles from NY hub, mine was also shipped today and like dev997 it was also delivered there on 11th.

One word of caution though DONT MENTION BAD ESN in the description, as per latest update from ppo box they are illegal to import :-(

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

One of my phone has moved from NY to india too. But one phone which Is already lying in Mumbai, customs and shipping charges paid, no news reg that.

Sent from my skz_tenderloin using Tapatalk HD

The one which is stuck in Mumbai hub (most probably mumbai custom) , is the value defined for the item correct ? I mean did u provided any proof of that value ??

Yes I have declared the correct value. But have not provided proof for it , this despite me telling Sanjay that I am ready to submit proof . no response from them so where to give proof? all I get is the standard reply

Yes I have declared the correct value. But have not provided proof for it , this despite me telling Sanjay that I am ready to submit proof . no response from them so where to give proof? all I get is the standard reply

Did u called them on 022-40641090 for the same and asked about the delay ???

Did u called them on 022-40641090 for the same and asked about the delay ???

I do call them every next day, and send email too, same stupid answer , "sir stuck in customs , it will be cleared in few days , please bear with us"

I feel like going to mumbai and kicking the guys at ppobox .

What I think actually happened is ppobox are collecting duty from us but not paying it fully in the customs dept , and they have been caught .

Only thing we can do is wait and hope

yeah i also thinks they previously charged custom on each item and then get cleared in bulk for a very low value and they get caught now the custom dept has strict on them

PPO box gave its customers the liberty to undervalue the declaration of items which got caught in the customs net. Upon customs audit, it clearly indicated falsified rates of goods imported through PPOBOX and ICC. This has put innocent importers into a sudden delay chain, but its going to be normal in a week's time.

Sent from my N5100 Samsung Galaxy Note 8

now they are shipping item very carefully they investigated each item thoroughly and if they find out the description of item is correct then only they ship i they take necessary precaution so that item doesn't doesn't get struck in custom my package was delivered to them yesterday they get it shipped to india on the same day

now they are shipping item very carefully they investigated each item thoroughly and if they find out the description of item is correct then only they ship i they take necessary precaution so that item doesn't doesn't get struck in custom my package was delivered to them yesterday they get it shipped to india on the same day

Really ? Let me get this clearly , Ur item reached their NY hub yesterday and its shipped to India the same day ?? Thats very highly unlikely and if true , u got lucky..

One of my item , although not any electronic item but a medical equipment which is needed urgently for my friend's mom for recovery after surgery (aspen cervical collar) reached their NY hub on 26th and its still not been dispatched from there

Really ? Let me get this clearly , Ur item reached their NY hub yesterday and its shipped to India the same day ?? Thats very highly unlikely and if true , u got lucky..

One of my item , although not any electronic item but a medical equipment which is needed urgently for my friend's mom for recovery after surgery (aspen cervical collar) reached their NY hub on 26th and its still not been dispatched from there

yes i am also surprised when i get the notification my item has been shipped to india almost my five package with them from 12th july and only two of them get shipped to india today also got the notification one package has been shipped so total two now i think if they find your description and value accurate they will ship the item

Talk to them. Normally it ship the very next day but if you speak to them they can get it expedited

ask them to ship the item explaining them your emergency if possible call their us address