Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
caringlover

ShopAndShip / PPO Box & other package forwarders

my package was stolen by bluedart i can confirm it as ppobox booked the package for 1.5kg in the bluedart mumbai office whereas the package recieved by my brother is not more then 250 gm my package was stolen very smartly by bluedart guy they cut the area below where invoice was stuck and then reattached by the bluedart by cello tape so that there is no sign of tempering and inside the package there is a bubblewrap so the package looks fluffy so my brother accepted it without any hesitation i have let this know to seller and he is very responsive he blacklisted the at&t phone

i guess its neither the ppobox mistake or sell

yes i have purchase this item from ebay and i had purchased from a reputed seller having a high feedback and i got package in intact condition filled with cotton and cardboard to increase the weight

OK.. and what about the insaurance with ppobox ?

Do one thing.. send a message to the seller informing what happened exactly.. from ur package id, I guess u might not have purchased it for more than 10 days back.. if the seller doesn't give any satisfactory answer.. open the dispute with ebay..

Also tomorrow morning call ppobox and tell them what happened.. ask them if they open the packages at there NY hub and see if the item is there before shipping them here.

Also is the item again checked after they recieve it from mumbai customs.. if u opted for paying extra 2-3% with insaurance for the item, ask them for the refund.

i guess its neither the ppobox mistake nor seller mistake the bluedart person stole the package because ppobox booked the package for 1.5kg and i have received the package weighing not more then 200gm

Some times it does happen that package is booked for a very high weight. Would the packet really have been 1.5kg had the product not been stolen?

Once the package I received was marked as 3.2kg by iccworld where as it was hardly 500gm.

my package was stolen by bluedart i can confirm it as ppobox booked the package for 1.5kg in the bluedart mumbai office whereas the package recieved by my brother is not more then 250 gm my package was stolen very smartly by bluedart guy they cut the area below where invoice was stuck and then reattached by the bluedart by cello tape so that there is no sign of tempering and inside the package there is a bubblewrap so the package looks fluffy so my brother accepted it without any hesitation i have let this know to seller and he is very responsive he blacklisted the at&t phone

i guess its neither the ppobox mistake or sell

yes i have purchase this item from ebay and i had purchased from a reputed seller having a high feedback and i got package in intact condition filled with cotton and cardboard to increase the weight

OK.. and what about the insaurance with ppobox ?

Do one thing.. send a message to the seller informing what happened exactly.. from ur package id, I guess u might not have purchased it for more than 10 days back.. if the seller doesn't give any satisfactory answer.. open the dispute with ebay..

Also tomorrow morning call ppobox and tell them what happened.. ask them if they open the packages at there NY hub and see if the item is there before shipping them here.

Also is the item again checked after they recieve it from mumbai customs.. if u opted for paying extra 2-3% with insaurance for the item, ask them for the refund.

i guess its neither the ppobox mistake nor seller mistake the bluedart person stole the package because ppobox booked the package for 1.5kg and i have received the package weighing not more then 200gm

Thats really s**ks, any way did you complained this to PPO BOX(that Blue Dart Guys may have stolen your item), did you insured this item?. And one more thing, it doesn't matter if you got the phone blacklisted in US, because phone will only be blacklisted in US and the guy who has stolen the phone can still use this phone here in India.

yes weight of package is really 1 kg because the seller sticks their usps barcode where weight is written it is 2lbs 40oz as in kg it comes out to be 1kg 100gm so bluedart booked as 1.5 kg rounding the 100 gm as their basis tariff is for 500gm i have already complained to bluedart as well as ppobox and i have not taken any insurance on that item if i take the insurance also they said they didn't entertain my claim because package was accepted by my brother he has not checked in front of bluedart courier guy i also want to upload picture to show the tempering any way to upload the photo on this forum to warn u guys for your package and show their way of stealing the package

can he able to unlock the iphone by simple server method if it is blacklisted is there any probablity to get the phone back if i know the imei and file the fir as seller told me the imei and all its serial number did any one get back its stolen phone from police

yes weight of package is really 1 kg because the seller sticks their usps barcode where weight is written it is 2lbs 40oz as in kg it comes out to be 1kg 100gm so bluedart booked as 1.5 kg rounding the 100 gm as their basis tariff is for 500gm i have already complained to bluedart as well as ppobox and i have not taken any insurance on that item if i take the insurance also they said they didn't entertain my claim because package was accepted by my brother he has not checked in front of bluedart courier guy i also want to upload picture to show the tempering any way to upload the photo on this forum to warn u guys for your package and show their way of stealing the package

can he able to unlock the iphone by simple server method if it is blacklisted is there any probablity to get the phone back if i know the imei and file the fir as seller told me the imei and all its serial number did any one get back its stolen phone from police

If you can help me with the IMEI number i can trace the phone for you ... You can ask the seller for the IMEI

• Like 2

For sharing pics just upload it to photobucket.Com

Or Dropbox or imgur. And share the link here.

if u can able to do this it is a great help for me serial no DNPK96KKDTTQ IMEI: 013424006123589

this is the second time happening to me in the past 6 months that courier company steal the mobile phone from my package last time i have used dtdc and that time i have sell the iphone 4s 64gb through ebay that time mistake was mine i didn't insured the package and tell lies saying that the package contains a watch of value 500 rs so they take benefit of my lies and take out the phone and send only the box to save the few bucks i had take the risk and due to this i have lost the phone and my past two months of work as i am a student so i occasionaly purchase phone and sell the phone this time also it happens and that i am the buyer and now i feel very frustated this time mistake was not mine

can u also able to help me track this phone whose imei is 012937001028496 and serial no is C39GH5N3DTDR

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gdmzzi40sws0kfg/20130808_113758%5B1%5D.jpg

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9ol30z52h1ud65i/20130808_113808%5B1%5D.jpg

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7m338e8lbhx7y9j/20130808_113815%5B1%5D.jpg

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mml873aj9agucm5/20130808_125112%5B1%5D.jpg

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ezbf8srb8zz3m5z/20130808_125121%5B1%5D.jpg

see this links these are photographs of my recieved package

Listen this is what i want you to do .

Scenario 1

If you charged customs that means the phone should have reached india at all means. Then the responsibilities lies with PPO and Bluedart

If PPO confirms that they have shipped it , then you have to get hold of bluedart and confront them (Dont let go them easily sit in their office for hours and create scene)

Scenario 2

File a dispute on ebay saying that the packet received was empty and no phone inside it ( No matter how reputed the seller is sometimes they cheat too) if you lucky you might get your amount back

Scenario 3

Forget about everything and move on ... ( Dont doooooooooo this )

Checked the IMEI , the phone is still locked and not in use. in this situation it would be hard to find

• Like 3

thank you sreejith sir i highly appreciate your help i will try to confront bluedart

Hi,

Does anyone know of a similar service that can be used to shop online from Australian site and get it shipped to India.

Thanks,

Here it is..mostly shipped by DHL. https://www.ship2anywhere.com.au/

PPO Box has sent following e mail regarding what happened earlier & New Guidelines For Import Clearance.

0eca6030815643adb0d9b811758d9a96.jpg?d=1

Dear PPOBox User,

For years we at PPOBox and ICC Worldwide have taken great pride in the speed and quality of service we offer you - we have been providing this service for over 30 years as the first courier serving New York and Mumbai.

However, recent changes and occurences have caused us to change some of our procedures and policies so that we can continue to provide you great service at a reasonable cost, without compromise.

To set the record straight, below is some information on what has caused these changes and delays, as well as a summary of the guidelines for all shippers henceforth.

As an appreciation for your patience through this challenging time, we will be offering a 10% discount on the shipping portion of your bill for all shipments dispatched from August 22 to September 15, 2013.

Delays in July

In July PPOBox suffered from extreme delays in package shipment. This was due to 100% Customs inspection wherein it was found that several customers had misdeclared the contents of their packages - this includes:

• Declaring lower than actual value of their shipments

• Declaring less than the actual quantity of their items

• Providing wrong descriptions such as "broken mobile" when in fact it was brand new

• This issue took several weeks to resolve and we had very little information of the status of shipments to convey to you at the time. Because of these few customers, 1000's of packages were delayed as they were examined individually.

Since then new procedures have been put in place to identify users that abuse the service and cause problems for sincere customers and service has been resumed in full force. It is however, our earnest request that all customers use the PPOBox carefully read the guidelines on our website and comply with all the policies in place.

New Guidelines for Electronics & Mobiles

Mobiles and Electronics come under detailed scrutiny in any Customs inspection and are also the most likely subjects of fraud. Therefore the following policies have been put in place to ensure that all customers comply with proper Customs requirements for importation.

• The maximum allowable value of all goods shipped in a single day for any customer under regular clearance mode (not reseller/CHA) is $1500 TOTAL. This value is based on the market price of your items in India..

• PPOBox may not ship more than 2 mobiles or Tablets per person per day

• PPOBox may not ship more than 1 laptop per person per day

• You must declare the correct model number, brand, and condition of any electronic item when you create your shipment.

• You must declare the correct market value of your item.

• You may not ship items for re-sale without informing us to clear in CHA mode and providing your Import/Export code. You must be registered with us as a reseller before you can ship goods for re-sale.

Guidelines for Resellers

If you are a reseller looking to purchase goods in the U.S., U.K., or China, and ship them to yourself in India in order to resell locally, you must register with us as a RESELLER, by contacting us at resellers@ppobox.com.

As a reseller you may ship any quantity of products and value, BUT you must have the following:

• You must be a registered Importer with a VALID Import Export code (IEC) to import your goods. If you do not have and IEC code and wish to import goods in bulk, please contact us and we may advise you how to obtain the proper licensing.

• You must have an appointed CHA (Customs Clearing Agent). We will hand over your shipments to the CHA who will do the clearance and negotiate the rates on your behalf with your consent. If you do not have a CHA we may refer you to a preferred CHA agent. Once cleared, PPOBox will pick-up and deliver your shipments.

• All reseller, MUST ship through CHA mode only. Not doing so will result in cancellation of your PPOBox service and ALSO serious legal consequences and fines. In many cases you shipments will be seized and PPOBox will not be able to help you in any way.

• The only exception to this is if you are shipping products directly to your customer, meaning the shipment contains your customer's name and address as the consignee of the shipment (recipient/importer) you may ship through our regular mode and do not require CHA clearance.

Customs Duty & Valuation

Your regular shipments are cleared in Customs Form V mode where you/your consignee is the importer of the product. In this mode a review of the item and declared value occurs. During this review customs may re-evaluate the value of any items they feel have been under-declared - this majorly for popular electronics and mobiles. In many cases the price stated on your invoice may not be of concern and the product may be valued at the ongoing market price of the product in India this is particularly true for mobiles and tablets from Samsung, Apple, Sony.

In any case, PPOBox has no part in this valuation and you will be charged the Actual duty charged by Customs for your shipment.

Invoices & Payments

Invoices are sent to you AFTER your package has arrived and been processed in our Mumbai facility. Please note this is usually in the late afternoon, so most shipments may only be shipped out by the next day. We will however strive to improve this timeline so that payments can be made and shipments sent out on the same day as arrival.

Please note however, unless you are specifically signed up for our warehousing services, we will NOT hold your packages in our facility for more than 15 days total. You must make payment and accept your shipments within 15 days or your packages may be disposed of. In case you have any extreme circumstance you can let us know and we will work with you for the best solution.

Insurance Policy

We try our best to protect and deliver your packages from damage, loss, or theft. However, sometimes things happen beyond our control, for this reason we offer you the option of purchasing insurance to protect your shipment from theft or damage.

Here are a few things to keep in mind regarding insurance:

• If you wish to insure your package, you must purchase insurance at the time of entering your shipment (before we receive your shipment). Your insurance preferences CANNOT be changed once we have received the package.

• Your insurance coverage starts only once we physically receive your package in your mailbox. We cannot insure packages that are NOT delivered to us. Therefore when you purchase goods it is always a good idea to use a local service that requires signature at delivery.

• In case you have an insurance claim to be filed for damage, you must do so at the time of delivery - you must inspect the package for damage and call us right to us right away if something is wrong.

• If you have any doubts as to the policy, please review the information on our website or contact us.

It has been our pleasure serving you the past many years, and you can look forward to our dedication and support in handling your shipments for years to come.

For now please enjoy the 10% shipping discount throughout rest of August and September!!

what is the latest custom duty charges on mobiles?

tapped from my ELECTRIFY M

what is the latest custom duty charges on mobiles?

tapped from my ELECTRIFY M

It's 7% on custom accessed value.

i searched amazon.com and found that there is not a difference of more than 2000rs can you provide me link where i can buy it at a less price. can i purchase LED too i yes can anyone please explain the procedure and suggest good sites also.

Buying LED will work out to be more costlier than local grey market. Can get a sealed pack LED of any size at very less locally. I am facing a slight problem sometimes, EBay US seller requires verified PayPal address in US, how is it going to work with ppobox system? Recently shipped thru an alternate shipping company called hopshopgo.com. It works out to be cheaper than ppobox. Moreover it delivered five handsets in one parcel. Thought of this alternative after MYUS.com charged $150 for shipping four broken Stellar handsets. PPOBOX swallowed some 5-7 handset boxes and eventually the items came in a cloth embedded envelope with no accessories inside.

Home Office with Samsung Note8

Indeed off late PPO box is becoming notorious.

Numerous cases of earphones and accessories and boxes missing.

Was not the case earlier in my experience at least

PPO Box is more the same PPO Box it used bee ... very unprofessional .... i have to remind them of the parcel invoices and the parcels that has arrived in their US office .

Now their email address "support@support.com" is not working .. anybody facing the same issues .

I would prefer Shopandship to any other service provider as their are prompt .. only problem is custom rates and cash payment

@KTD U can try mailing your PPO box concerns to sanjay@ppobox.com

Very true. Even I have had to remind them of sending invoices. But after dropping a mail things do get moving

Sanjay's mail id's also bouncing back ...

Call them after 1pm
  • Like 1

Buying LED will work out to be more costlier than local grey market. Can get a sealed pack LED of any size at very less locally. I am facing a slight problem sometimes, EBay US seller requires verified PayPal address in US, how is it going to work with ppobox system? Recently shipped thru an alternate shipping company called hopshopgo.com. It works out to be cheaper than ppobox. Moreover it delivered five handsets in one parcel. Thought of this alternative after MYUS.com charged $150 for shipping four broken Stellar handsets. PPOBOX swallowed some 5-7 handset boxes and eventually the items came in a cloth embedded envelope with no accessories inside.

Home Office with Samsung Note8

can you pls let us know your overall experience with this service in terms of rates(shipping & customs), speed & customer service?. I see that it is a joint venture of comGateway.com & Paypal.com and they quote higher shipping charges ($24 is minimum rate of them) while PPOBox.com & SNS quote $10(minimum rate). There is no sales tax in using hopshopgo.com(even for purchases from the sites other than ebay.com) so it should be cheaper but I don't think it will be much cheaper than PPOBox.com because as I said their shipping charges are higher. And for me personally, everything that is involved Paypal is costlier, I avoid them(paypal) as much as possible.

Try Sanjay Ghoshal <sanjay.ghoshal@iccworld.com>

Call them after 1pm

Which No do you guys call? 022-4064 1090 is always engaged or no one bothers to answer it. Does anyone have Sanjay`s extension no?

IMO,S&S is far better than PPO.

PPO is very unprofessional.

Call them after 1pm

Which No do you guys call? 022-4064 1090 is always engaged or no one bothers to answer it. Does anyone have Sanjay`s extension no?

I've these numbers...

Try your luck as they hardly pickup

Sanjay ghoshal Icc courier mumbai

09821516779 Mobile

02242468039 Work

sanjay.ghoshal@iccworld.com

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4

• Like 1