Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
caringlover

ShopAndShip / PPO Box & other package forwarders

Sanjay's new id is sanjay@ppobox.com. This id active for long and today only i received one mail from him.

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk 4

Anyone`s shipment delivered to their NY hub not been updated? One of my packaged was delivered on Saturday. Yet to be updated. Called Divyank today. Was told that they`re having a backlog for items delivered on Friday and Saturday.

Anyone`s shipment delivered to their NY hub not been updated? One of my packaged was delivered on Saturday. Yet to be updated. Called Divyank today. Was told that they`re having a backlog for items delivered on Friday and Saturday.

Same here

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4

Same here

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4

Me three.

^^^

Just received a mail of the item being shipped to India. After the last customs fiasco with iccworld every delay has my hearts beating fast :-p

Shipment was finally forwarded yesterday.

Hello All,

I wanted to know if anyone has used HOPSHOPGO for shipping and how is the experience. I have heard that they provide service for consolidated shipping , so u can get more than 1 items packed in one package and get them together, saving on shipping.

I am hoping to get 4 phones in same package delivered to me and so was searching for option, but have a few queries which I hope u can answer.
1. do they provide custom clearance service too ?
2. How much time they will take on average for shipping.
3. Item I am thinking of getting is off value 900$ and weigh 3-4lbs (consolidated package). How much charge in total I should expect.
4. And most importantly how reliable are they?

Thanks

Hello All,

I wanted to know if anyone has used HOPSHOPGO for shipping and how is the experience. I have heard that they provide service for consolidated shipping , so u can get more than 1 items packed in one package and get them together, saving on shipping.

I am hoping to get 4 phones in same package delivered to me and so was searching for option, but have a few queries which I hope u can answer.

3. Item I am thinking of getting is off value 900$ and weigh 3-4lbs (consolidated package). How much charge in total I should expect.

Thanks

Hi,

They ship either by FedEx or DHL Express. They will handle custom clearance

DHL takes about 3-5 days to reach India. FedEx takes a bit longer. You should expect delays in customs for bulk orders.

Insurance is mandatory, if you`re using HSG. It`ll be added to your shipping cost.

Just make sure your package worth does not go over $2000. You`ll need a Import/Export code for that.

• Like 2

One friend is in US right now.

Can he send me electronic stuff through USPS?

I know they won't allow anything with batteries.

So, I plan to get a mobile posted without batteries. Is it possible?

Hello All,

Thanks

Hi,

They ship either by FedEx or DHL Express. They will handle custom clearance

DHL takes about 3-5 days to reach India. FedEx takes a bit longer. You should expect delays in customs for bulk orders.

Insurance is mandatory, if you`re using HSG. It`ll be added to your shipping cost.

Just make sure your package worth does not go over $2000. You`ll need a Import/Export code for that.

Thanks for the prompt reply sir. As I mentioned My packages total worth is 900$ and incl 4 pc mobiles. I was wondering how would be rate their services in reliability. And how much time I should expect they will take from their hub to deliver to me(via both services).

Both DHL and FedEx are reliable. Moreover, you're taking insurance and your shipment is covered for theft or damage.

I've only used DHL through them. FedEx takes 2-3 days more. My shipment reached from Portland to Chennai in 4 working days. But, they took three days for custom clearance as shipment value was $1200. You should expect delays for your shipment.

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk 4

One friend is in US right now.

Can he send me electronic stuff through USPS?

I know they won't allow anything with batteries.

So, I plan to get a mobile posted without batteries. Is it possible?

Never ever get anything shipping directly to india via USPS. They will charge 41.8% custom fee on declared value ( they apparantely have fixed charge of any electronic item if a package comes thru post). No matter what u do and whom to talk to , they will not negotiate on that and the item gets stuck in custom.

Use package forwarder services like ppobox etc only. they are fast,trackable all the way to ur home and less expensive (usps shipping will cost more)

• Like 1

Also never rely on cheap USPS shipping rate indicated on eBay.com, if its $23, $34, $41, its definitely going to get held at your zone's customs office. If anyone wants to have USPS for direct shipping without any forwarding, go for sellers who ship for $49.50 or $60 or $71. The higher the USPS shipping charge, the safer delivery we get with or without customs clearance. Ebay.com examples are: Cport-wholesale and rangerange. Initially I used to place orders by USPS but then package used to return back. A nasty call follows from the customs office about various laws and penalties, eventually the seller or the sender also suffers in the deal. He doesn't know when he is going to get back his phone from India customs and the refund process is delayed too. HopShopGo is an easy alternative to PPOBOX, cheaper and safer. PPOBOX provides better service for those opting for professional package. Many of my business associates have business accounts with PPOBOX. Its wise to hop and shop between different forwarding companies for a smooth delivery and even logistics. ComGateaway is also a reliable company we have accounts with, slightly more expensive than PPOBOX. If I order handsets under Rs 10000 I make it PPOBOX mandatory, if its expensive package I will switch over to HopShopGo and ComGateaway. I have received intact parcels from HopShopGo and ComGateaway till now.

Home Office with Samsung Note8

• Like 2

how much HopShopGo chares ?

lifetime Shop and Ship membership for USD 11.25

using promo code IND65365353

offer is valid until 30 November, 2013

gives 7 shipping addresses in New York, London, Shanghai, Dubai, Istanbul, Hong Kong and Johannesburg where your shopping can be received before being delivered to you

If I were you I would stay away from shopnship, their courier forwarder aramex is not reliable at all... Go with PPOBOX, cheap n reliable...

Sent from my LG-E970 using Tapatalk 4

• Like 1

PPOBOX is way way btter than shopandship.!

Can purchase products from Dubai and ship it through Ppobox

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

PPOBOX is way way btter than shopandship.!

how are the shipping charges at ppobox compared to shopandship. i have to say i have ordered a couple of times from shop and ship and delivery has been prompt. but i did find the shipping charges quite high.

ShopandShip charges $10 for 1lbs and $8 for subsequent lbs.

This means if the weight is 1.5lbs you would be charged for 2lbs

Guys just wanted a small clarification out here I have ordered a laptop battery from Ebay GEB I received a email stating I2C shall buy and ship to me and got an tracking number via sms.While browsing the net about I2c I found many complaints of people not receiving items or them damaged or refund not given etc.Has anyone in our rimweb faced such issues should I be worried or something as all my transactions via ebay india have been good and this is my first purchase from ebay geb. Thanks in advance for help and clarifications

Guys just wanted a small clarification out here I have ordered a laptop battery from Ebay GEB I received a email stating I2C shall buy and ship to me and got an tracking number via sms.While browsing the net about I2c I found many complaints of people not receiving items or them damaged or refund not given etc.Has anyone in our rimweb faced such issues should I be worried or something as all my transactions via ebay india have been good and this is my first purchase from ebay geb. Thanks in advance for help and clarifications  

Don't worry.. Your purchase with geb is protected by eBay protection.. If at all you don't get your product in stipulated time, you'll get refund..

I've got lot of stuff n never faced any issue..

If you see, icc geb has been used by lacs of people.. When the are so many customers, complaints are ought to be there.. But if you see % it should be 99% positive ratings..

That said, don't blame icc for bad product. You have to do your due diligence regarding product. It's deficiency cannot be blamed on icc as icc is just forwarding company n will buy whatever you choose n fwd it to you in India

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Thanks Hitesh Bhai I was just a bit worried since its my first purchase at GEB and saw many comments on ebay forum of people complaining of goods not received and no status updates of delivery or refund so just wanted to know about the same.About the product we cannot blame I2C that part I am aware as they merely forward agents my concern was about delivery if is fine I am happy with it

Go ahead... You'll get your product..

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk