Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
caringlover

ShopAndShip / PPO Box & other package forwarders

The camera I purchased costs Rs.12,000 in India while I purchased it for $130 on Amazon. So, any guess how much I will have to pay to Ppobox??

@amit gupta

:censored3: No words for reply !

just pick up the phone and talk to them :nerves: :nerves: :nerves: :nerves: :nerves:

plzz dont say like dis mhannn

i m completely blank what to do next :nerves:

For those who want new account in Sns with discount

Hello chetan

This will be activated asap

In the mean time pls email me the email id of the people who want to register but are unable to use this code

We have the account created and in the mean time they can deposit /NEFT 620 inr in the bank account. Details attached

Best,

Anuradha Iyer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The camera I purchased costs Rs.12,000 in India while I purchased it for $130 on Amazon. So, any guess how much I will have to pay to Ppobox??

10470 to 11k

You can directly drop a mail to india@shopandship.com, they will create ur account at the back end u can NEFT the charges in their A/C

this afternoon did same NEFT way for SnS, and paid exactly 620 Rs only !

10470 to 11k

11k ?? it might be item value, he is asking for custom+shipping

@shivam

just go to ppobox.com and use their calculator, only custom duty will go little up seeing their current issue with custom.

10470 to 11k

You mean I will have to Rs.10,470 to Rs.11,000 for a camera which cost me only $130 ??? :nerves::doh::Sorprendido::w00t:

guys if any know a good local agent from mumbai plz tell me

Now the fedex had rejected to clear my shipment ,they told me to find local agent for it

plzz help me guys

• Like 1

Finally, today I got an email that my item has been shipped to India. :):D

But tracking not working. Its still showing "awaiting item from seller". when does that gets updated?

As per PPObox quote, assuming weight is 2 lbs and approx. size of the box (LxWxH) is 1x1x1, total estimated charges would be Rs. 3894.47 ($59.14) - (Shipping Price & Clearance - 1363, Customs - 2363.

If weight is 1 lbs = Total would be Rs. 3469.75 (Shipping Price & Clearance - 985). Rest everything remains same.

Edited by maniac8828
  • Like 1

As per PPObox quote, assuming weight is 2 lbs and approx. size of the box (LxWxH) is 1x1x1, total estimated charges would be Rs. 3894.47 ($59.14) - (Shipping Price & Clearance - 1363, Customs - 2363.

If weight is 1 lbs = Total would be Rs. 3469.75 (Shipping Price & Clearance - 985). Rest everything remains same.

Ya, I too calculated with that before ordering. I thought generally it shows more than what we pay in real.

guys if any know a good local agent from mumbai plz tell me

Now the fedex had rejected to clear my shipment ,they told me to find local agent for it

plzz help me guys

Can't pm you...

Shoot me mail on hkmplus a t gmail

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Hi,

This is to let you know that your shipment has been detained by customs and it needs to be cleared by any CHA agent. If you have your own CHA agent then please let us know and we will submit all the relevant documents to your agent. If you do not have then we will provide you with a CHA agent and you can speak with him in getting item cleared. After it is cleared we will ship it to you. You only need to pay us the shipping charges and all charges related to custom you need to directly deal and pay to CHA agent. PPObox will not be involved.

So kindly sent us a mail with content below.

I hereby authorize M/S ICC World Wide to hand over my shipment to CHA agent Sanjay who will do the clearance on my behalf.

Your sincerely

Name :
PPO account :

Regards,
PPOBOX

This is sent for a phone bought for $220 ~ Rs 14196, in customs since a fortnight. Spoke to Sanjay who calculated some Rs 12000 (5000 as fine and 7000 as import duty) for clearance. Invoice, bank statement and identity was provided to them.

<p>7000 import duty!!!!!! </p><p>Means one handset valued at one lac???? </p><p>Blatant Loot </p>

Were you importing a Diamond Studded phone :D ? Now the clearance charges are equal to the cost of the phone :ko2:

I hereby authorize M/S ICC World Wide to hand over my shipment to CHA agent Sanjay who will do the clearance on my behalf.

Your sincerely

Name :
PPO account :

Regards,
PPOBOX

I also got the da same mail

after having few words with firozz he told me 30/250 had been detained by custom officer

This is sent for a phone bought for $220 ~ Rs 14196, in customs since a fortnight. Spoke to Sanjay who calculated some Rs 12000 (5000 as fine and 7000 as import duty) for clearance. Invoice, bank statement and identity was provided to them.

So, nothing can be done here? We all know that duty should be 7% or is it based on custom officer?

Aren't there any guidelines that can be referred to build a case here?

This can happen to any of us and after this PPObox problem this really makes us scared.

Is there any applet authority or governing forum where we can compliant/ raise case/seek help regarding such incidents??

Me thinks everyone should stay clear of PPOBox for a while. I understand the amount charged as fine. But, why is the customs charged so high? Was the item used?

Talk to the customs officer directly. will that help ?

So, nothing can be done here? We all know that duty should be 7% or is it based on custom officer?

This can happen to any of us and after this PPObox problem this really makes us scared.

Is there any applet authority or governing forum where we can compliant/ raise case/seek help regarding such incidents??

I was twice charged customs at 42%, as the phone was used. This was when custom tax was 1-2%

30 used mobile phones detained in the last lot in Mumbai customs, only those which are named "used" in the description are switched to CHA mode. It means PPO does not have authority to apply for customs clearance for these 30 phones. ICCworld does not have a CHA agent in house and needs to negotiate for these 30 phones. They have done meeting with an agent who first agreed to do the job at a reasonable rate but later by the day, he retracted his offer and ultimately gave high quotes for them. We are left with the option to hire an agent on our own to procure the relevant documents from ICCworld and submit them to the customs or go with whatever Sanjay Gandhi says. As of now nothing can be done except stating as "Brand New" for used phones and never write "bad esn" again.

So u guys where mentioning as used or bad esn etc?????

Never do that!!!

Just mention phone make and model. Even if it is used never mention it any place.

Importing used electronic is against the rule and no one can help u there.

Pay the fine and keep quite.

Its a serious offence, never go against the rules.

This is the only reason that Bad esn are removed from ebay geb from last many months.

Also never mention item below 100$.

Lower price attracts attention in custom.

Even u buy phone for 60$ mention as 99$ or some odd value near 100.

Don't mention round figure value.

In custom till 100$ duty is very nominal .

Also don't import on your name every time. Keep changing name and address every alternate shipment.

Above are few things which I take care while importing . And it helps a lot.

tapatalking....

• Like 9

So u guys where mentioning as used or bad esn etc?????

Never do that!!!

Just mention phone make and model. Even if it is used never mention it any place.

Importing used electronic is against the rule and no one can help u there.

Pay the fine and keep quite.

Its a serious offence, never go against the rules.

This is the only reason that Bad esn are removed from ebay geb from last many months.

Also never mention item below 100$.

Lower price attracts attention in custom.

Even u buy phone for 60$ mention as 99$ or some odd value near 100.

Don't mention round figure value.

In custom till 100$ duty is very nominal .

Also don't import on your name every time. Keep changing name and address every alternate shipment.

Above are few things which I take care while importing . And it helps a lot.

tapatalking....

Thanks bro for sharing the best practices :-)

Just wanted to clarify few things:

If we mention the value of the phone higher, it won't match with the invoice or PayPal transaction value. Won't that be a problem?

Also, many a times when we buy an eBay listing, used, bad ESN, etc is mentioned in the title itself. This shows up in invoice and PayPal receipt as well. How do we deal with such situation?