Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
caringlover

ShopAndShip / PPO Box & other package forwarders

This is sent for a phone bought for $220 ~ Rs 14196, in customs since a fortnight. Spoke to Sanjay who calculated some Rs 12000 (5000 as fine and 7000 as import duty) for clearance. Invoice, bank statement and identity was provided to them.

So, nothing can be done here? We all know that duty should be 7% or is it based on custom officer?

Aren't there any guidelines that can be referred to build a case here?

This can happen to any of us and after this PPObox problem this really makes us scared.

Is there any applet authority or governing forum where we can compliant/ raise case/seek help regarding such incidents??

Talk to the customs officer directly. will that help ?

Nothing can be done, as I said few pages before, I was charged around Rs.7k(6k for phone + 1k for a case) by Chennai customs officials, the irony in my case was that the phone was a brand new one & they assessed it for around Rs.35k but they charged 16% of the assessed value(by considering it as a tablet!! :doh: ), which is unheard of, now you call it 'Blatant loot'(as Ankit said) or whatever you want, at the end of the day it doesn't make any difference and as I've already explained on few pages back, when I argued with DHL guys how on earth it was considered as a tablet(the reason the DHL customs agent gave for 16% duties) when the LG itself is importing the same phone(LG G2) as a smartphone but not as a tablet, he slapped a circular on me which gives the Customs officer all the powers to consider any smartphone as a tablet & slap 16% or 18% duties on the assessed value. When I asked DHL person why can't they ask the concerned officer, he said no one can, they will show you all sorts of rules and may create more problems.

As Hitesh said, consider yourself unlucky, pay the amount & stay low. Don't waste your time, money & effort by trying to do something about it.

Edited by st_7

It seems lot of misunderstading prevails for many aspects. Suggest everyone to read the attached detailed document regarding "Import & Export Through Courier Mode" & most things should be clear.

Import And Export Through Courier Mode.PDF

• Like 4

Nothing can be done, as I said few pages before, I was charged around Rs.7k(6k for phone + 1k for a case) by Chennai customs officials, the irony in my case was that the phone was a brand new one & they assessed it for around Rs.35k but they charged 16% of the assessed value(by considering it as a tablet!! :doh: ), which is unheard of, now you call it 'Blatant loot'(as Ankit said) or whatever you want, at the end of the day it doesn't make any difference and as I've already explained on few pages back, when I argued with DHL guys how on earth it was considered as a tablet(the reason the DHL customs agent gave for 16% duties) when the LG itself is importing the same phone(LG G2) as a smartphone but not as a tablet, he slapped a circular on me which gives the Customs officer all the powers to consider any smartphone as a tablet & slap 16% or 18% duties on the assessed value. When I asked DHL person why can't they ask the concerned officer, he said no one can, they will show you all sorts of rules and may create more problems.

As Hitesh said, consider yourself unlucky, pay the amount & stay low. Don't waste your time, money & effort by trying to do something about it.

Thanks bro. I guess just pray that we don't end up in an instance like this.

Hi guys, If my item was shipped by NY ppobox on 6th Jan, when should it reach Mumbai India office?

Thanks bro for sharing the best practices :-)

Just wanted to clarify few things:

If we mention the value of the phone higher, it won't match with the invoice or PayPal transaction value. Won't that be a problem?

Also, many a times when we buy an eBay listing, used, bad ESN, etc is mentioned in the title itself. This shows up in invoice and PayPal receipt as well. How do we deal with such situation?

Till date PPOBox was not asking purchase invoice for custom clearance.

As they are asking now, we can request seller to provide same with our desire value and description , or you can just fake it out . ;)

Be sure to ask them to mention full address of both, (seller and buyer)

He he nice :) Will have to keep this in mind to ask the seller before making payment as PPObox also asks that seller sends the invoice along with the package :)

Have to pay attention while importing anything now. Thanks bro :)

Hi guys, If my item was shipped by NY ppobox on 6th Jan, when should it reach Mumbai India office?

IF everything is normal, by friday evening it should be in mumbai office.

• Like 1

IF everything is normal, by friday evening it should be in mumbai office.

So, they will send invoice same day? And if I pay it instantly are they going to ship my item same day?

So, they will send invoice same day? And if I pay it instantly are they going to ship my item same day?

No, if it reaches on Friday, you might get invoice on Sat or Monday. They will ship on the next day of payment date. Usually you will receive the invoice in the second half of day and tracking details are shared by end of next day...

• Like 1

Our item will reach India by tomorrow morning by afternoon customs will be cleared and they will send invoice before evening if we pay instantly we can get it shipped by tomorrow night only

Our item will reach India by tomorrow morning by afternoon customs will be cleared and they will send invoice before evening if we pay instantly we can get it shipped by tomorrow night only

Was your Item shipped on 6th January from NY??

Yes!

Well, lets hope that it comes today. I am also waiting for it. :)

Called PPO box they told the packages wasn't arrived todAY IT WILL REACH ON SATURDAY Only and what's ur item?

Called PPO box they told the packages wasn't arrived todAY IT WILL REACH ON SATURDAY Only and what's ur item?

ok so sad to hear :( :( My item is a camera.. what about yours??

Taking too much time.

My product shipped on 4 jan. Still i dont recieve yet. Its been shipped by tommorow frm mumbai hub

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

Mine Motorola Wireless Buds Headset

Guys USE SNS, if you have any issues creating account in SNS, message me. Atleast SNS people are very clear on charges and stuff, the give you documented proof etc., It maybe little more expensive.

HSG and comGateway are also good and no membership fees. They use DHL and FedEx and also provide BOE.

Finally decided to get the confiscated packages from Mumbai customs at any cost, just to see where it takes us. Ppobox has withdrawn completely and whatever payment has to be made has to be given to agent Sanjay. He has assured of releasing them by early next week. Sanjay added that even if I do not claim my present packages, they do not relate to future incoming packages from NY. And that this was a matter of sheer bad luck. Hope to see normalcy next week.

Sent from my SPH-L720

• Like 2

HSG and comGateway are also good and no membership fees. They use DHL and FedEx and also provide BOE.

No bro, pls don't opt for comGateway(although the fault is not with them), but because they only use DHL & FedEx, which both of them rip you off(I had a horrific experience with DHL, which you can read in this thread only and other member complained about FedEx too couple of pages back, pls read that). Unless, you have some free money laying around & don't know what to do with it and just want to donate to poor customs officials... lol, yeah then you can proceed with the above combination. Otherwise just stay way at least for now.

Edited by st_7

No bro, pls don't opt for comGateway(although the fault is not with them), but because they only use DHL & FedEx, which both of them rip you off(I had a horrific experience with DHL, which you can read in this thread only and other member complained about FedEx too couple of pages back, pls read that). Unless, you have some free money laying around & don't know what to do with it and just want to donate to poor customs officials... lol, yeah then you can proceed with the above combination. Otherwise just stay way at least for now.

Hmm. Thanks for your suggestion bro and your experience really makes me scared now. Will keep this is mind in future.

However, I have been using HSG for quite sometime now and touch wood haven't had any bad experience with them. I like them for their quick shipping and delivery so I get my phones in 5 days. For me the shipments get cleared from Bangalore customs as they ship directly without and re-routing. Maybe that might be working for me.

But, really appreciate your concern and making us aware of the same. Cheers bro :):thumb:

No items even today :( I haven't received my first item yet which is delayed by more than 10 days and I already get calls from them asking to buy more stuff from other countries. :(

Hmm. Thanks for your suggestion bro and your experience really makes me scared now. Will keep this is mind in future.

However, I have been using HSG for quite sometime now and touch wood haven't had any bad experience with them. I like them for their quick shipping and delivery so I get my phones in 5 days. For me the shipments get cleared from Bangalore customs as they ship directly without and re-routing. Maybe that might be working for me.

But, really appreciate your concern and making us aware of the same. Cheers bro :):thumb:

Residents of Bangalore are perfectly OK for ComGateway or HopShopGo. DHL has clearance facilities there. Only TN and AP residents are screwed coz of Chennai customs.