Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
caringlover

ShopAndShip / PPO Box & other package forwarders

However, I have been using HSG for quite sometime now and touch wood haven't had any bad experience with them. I like them for their quick shipping and delivery so I get my phones in 5 days. For me the shipments get cleared from Bangalore customs as they ship directly without and re-routing. Maybe that might be working for me.

Hmm. Thanks for your suggestion bro and your experience really makes me scared now. Will keep this is mind in future.

But, really appreciate your concern and making us aware of the same. Cheers bro :):thumb:

Residents of Bangalore are perfectly OK for ComGateway or HopShopGo. DHL has clearance facilities there. Only TN and AP residents are screwed coz of Chennai customs.

I think only Bangalore people are lucky guys because as per another user here in this POST, who used FedEx(from Comgateway) also f***ed up by the FedEx & Customs, don't know his present situation. His items are stuck in Mumbai. Not scaring any of you guys but just to let you know guys so that you take wise decisions there is no point shedding thousands of rupees to shipping & customs and take all the headaches. Let it settle down may be in few weeks or few months. After that you can continue to importing.

Hi guys, Finally the item which was shipped on 6th Jan has reached Mumbai ppobox office today. I tracked it. :) It says Custom cleared n reached bombay hub at 13.50.

But no invoice?? :(

Also, I opted for insurance. What to do or how to check it? Do I need to check item before signing to the bluedart guy? or i need to check infront of him.

Edited by Shivam15

Hi guys, Finally the item which was shipped on 6th Jan has reached Mumbai office today. I tracked it. :) It says Custom cleared n reached bombay hub at 13.50.

You will get the invoice by Monday afternoon...

Hi guys, Finally the item which was shipped on 6th Jan has reached Mumbai ppobox office today. I tracked it. :) It says Custom cleared n reached bombay hub at 13.50.

Also, I opted for insurance. What to do or how to check it? Do I need to check item before signing to the bluedart guy? or i need to check infront of him.

Blue dart with PPObox does not have open box delivery. They will not allow you to open the package. Just make sure that the package is not tampered.

mine shipped at 8th jan still not reached mumbai hub dont know why they are saying it will reach monday or tuesday!

Hi guys, Finally the item which was shipped on 6th Jan has reached Mumbai office today. I tracked it. :) It says Custom cleared n reached bombay hub at 13.50.

You will get the invoice by Monday afternoon...

Blue dart with PPObox does not have open box delivery. They will not allow you to open the package. Just make sure that the package is not tampered.

Ok, so what is the meaning of Insurance in PPOBOX?

hello gurus

on Friday i received my lot of 10 phone from fedex and that person forgot to collect (custom-duty and octroi) aprox rs 12XXX :wOOtjumpy:

yesterday he called me and ask to pay that duty :Sonrojado::ranting:

what if i refuse to pay them now or what i refuse to pay them full amount 12XXX????? :Sorprendido:

hello gurus

on Friday i received my lot of 10 phone from fedex and that person forgot to collect (custom-duty and octroi) aprox rs 12XXX :wOOtjumpy:

what if i refuse to pay them now or what i refuse to pay them full amount 12XXX????? :Sorprendido:

That delivery guy is going to loose this month's salary and at least one year's perks.

that will be very sad.

hello gurus

please pay them ... :)

hello gurus

If u r good person u have to pay the duties! :)

tapped from DNA

Edited by shreesh

hello gurus

Do the right thing, pay

Karma is a biatch as the saying goes

Edited by digitalnirvana
  • Like 1

Ok, so what is the meaning of Insurance in PPOBOX?

Trying to figure out myself. Last time when I told the Blue Dart guy that I want to open and check, he didn't allow. He said it is not open box delivery and asked me to contact the sender.He was ready to take the package back without delivery but did not allow me to open it..

thanx for ur opinions gurus :smartass: I will definitely going to pay them the duties :thumbup:

just asking dis question bcoz i had already paid 8000rs as bribe to clear my shipment :eek:

one more question they r charging me octroi 5.5% on total value, i have never been charged octroi before,can any one tell me y and when they charge octroi :quest::quest::quest:

i m from mumbai :punk:

• Like 1

<p>Which part of Mumbai.. If you are around thane area there is an octroi for the same. But on central side up to Mulund there is no octroi and do not pay the same. </p><p> </p><p>Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk</p><p> </p><p> </p>

Whats the office Timing of ppobox Mumbai? Thinking to call and and ask for Invoice as item was custom cleared on saturday only.

Whats the office Timing of ppobox Mumbai? Thinking to call and and ask for Invoice as item was custom cleared on saturday only.

You should get it by evening. I receive invoice normally after 3:30 pm..

You should get it by evening. I receive invoice normally after 3:30 pm..

After making the payment, can I call them and ask to ship it today?

Got the invoice today at 3:21PM and made the payment at 4PM.

Then I asked them about shipping and they said it will be shipped tomorrow and not today. :(

<p>Some times they ship same day .</p><p> </p><p>Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk</p><p> </p><p> </p>

Dude im confused firoz saying they didn't receive my package it but komali saying they received package but in custom clearance don't know whom to trust

Got the invoice today at 3:21PM and made the payment at 4PM.

Then I asked them about shipping and they said it will be shipped tomorrow and not today. :(

Yes it will be shipped tomorrow only and you will get tracking details later in evening around 9:30 pm or so. Or you can call them around 8:00 and ask for tracking details..

Edited by maniac8828

Dude im confused firoz saying they didn't receive my package it but komali saying they received package but in custom clearance don't know whom to trust

Ya, they are too confused. First when I called around 2.30PM regarding invoice, the girl who picked up phone was like my item is still in custom. LOL

then I told her that i tracked it and it was custom cleared on saturday only. :P Then she is like if it reaches our office today u will get invoice. But item reached office on saturday only.

Anyways i got invoice later on at 3.20pm

Hello guys,

Posting here to caution everyone and seek help from experienced members.

So, I've lost my iPhone 5s 32 GB imported from USA by PPOBOX.COM, it was worth $700.

It was with package ID 373574-56381

My phone was supposed to reach me in Jamnagar, Gujarat, and it was shipped by PPOBOX.com, Mumbai.

When I tracked it on Bluedart website, it was showing me the destination as Valsad, I immediately called PPOBox and informed them that it is going to wrong destination and they must stop/inquire about the package.

They said they will ask Bluedart, after days they responded me that it was misrouted to Valsad, and will be routed back to Jamnagar soon.

Days gone, I never received my phone, called Bluedart they said they've lost the package, informed PPOBox, they said security investigation is going on and we will update you on this as soon as security investigation gets over.

They never updated me anything, after lots of calls and followups, they said they've lost the package.

Further, Bluedart said that PPOBox has declared my package as Documents and it's value as 1 rupee only.

Interestingly, I've friend in Jaipur, during this time he also had imported iPhone 5s and his phone is also lost, this time, they shipped it through Bluedart where there is no service of Bluedart and the shipment was not at all trackable online.

I am planning to file case against PPOBox.com for the deficiency in service in local consumer court, and FIR against Bluedart for the theft of my package.

What are your suggestions friends? Would I be able to get compensation from them through court? Will court accept my case?

I am yet to consult lawyer.

Thank you for your any help in advanced.

Did you opt for ppobox insurance service? It is valid from the time ur package reaches their us hub to the time it is delivered to you. If yes, then you can claim insurance to the value you declared in invoice..

Edited by maniac8828

My bad luck, I didn't opt for insurance.