Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
caringlover

ShopAndShip / PPO Box & other package forwarders

That s**ks big time friend, :sorry: I'm wondering that it will get more & more difficult to import any thing from US in the future :sos:

<p>Consumer court will surely help you for lost package. Do collect all documents and tracking details. After filing case you may get fake package containing something else to resolve case.</p>

<p>Consumer court will surely help you for lost package. Do collect all documents and tracking details. After filing case you may get fake package containing something else to resolve case.</p>

Oh god, then what can be done to avoid that? I am surely planning to file a case in my district consumer forum!

• Like 1

700$ is very big price, so you need to take action against blue dart/ppobox...

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

I am planning to sue them for sure, these morons didn't even give me in writing that they've lost the package.

brother my package was also lost somewhat in similar fashion i had ordered iphone 5 32gb somewhat 5 months ago i have posted in this forum my package reaches home unfortunately i am not in my home my mother has accepted that package when i come home i have shocked to find out phone is missing with the box only bubble wrap they tear up the surface below the invoice and take out the phone i have posted pictures in this forum with box i have filed many complain in bluedart and ppobox but didn't get any reply they always ask me have you opted for insurance after that i always take insurance these bluedart guys are now turning into big theif they take out phone from the box if they get oppurtunity

after my package has been stolen i shifted my service to sns and things working smmothly till now as i think they didn't pay their custom and they provide no proof they have paid custom have you declared the correct value of phone

700$ is very big price, so you need to take action against blue dart/ppobox...

I am planning to sue them for sure, these morons didn't even give me in writing that they've lost the package.

sue them for 50k so that these b*****d will do their work properly these ppobox or bluedart stole only very expensive mobile i think they work together in stealing the phone

after my package has been stolen i shifted my service to sns and things working smmothly till now as i think they didn't pay their custom and they provide no proof they have paid custom have you declared the correct value of phone

Yes,I declared correct value of my phone. Why didn't you approach consumer court?

sue them for 50k so that these b*****d will do their work properly these ppobox or bluedart stole only very expensive mobile i think they work together in stealing the phone

I clearly see that is the case with the Keval & his friend, PPOBOX clearly seems to have a direct hand in what happened with them.

Shop And Ship service had become terrible sometime back coz :

1) I got a bill for 4.4 lbs when the packet weight only 1.1 lbs !! This has happened multiple times. The shipping bill was later rectified after 're-weighing' by SNS. But my question is... Why did you charge me for 4.4lbs in the first place ?? Don't you have a weighing machine ? Don't you weigh packages ? Or you expect the client to weigh ?

2) The duty charged was excess and trust me... you don't wanna deal with the Delhi staff !! Not only they are blatantly rude, they are extreeeeeemly un-cooperative. Infact, when I went to the Customs office personally, I found the Customs staff to be more co-operative than the SNS Delhi team!!

Its been a while since I used their service.... So let me try again to see if they have improved !

Yes,I declared correct value of my phone. Why didn't you approach consumer court?

i think about it but some mistakes are there from my side also my package has been accepted from that courier guy and other i didn't opted for insurance and when i talked to they have said they written in their terms and condition they didn't provide any compensation if item is stolen and it was not insured and at that time i tried hard to get money back i complained to bluedart and they say they will solve my problem and i didn't get much time to complain them in consumer court and one advice for you post complain to consumer court as early as possible otherwise when you complain in ppobox and bluedart they will say we will investigate for the problem within 15 days when you call after 15 days they say they will looking into problem so they extend the time and days so you start to forget about so complain in consumer court as early as possible

I clearly see that is the case with the Keval & his friend, PPOBOX clearly seems to have a direct hand in what happened with them.

yes i think they try to exploit the weakness of the person when item was declared for high value and they didn't opt for insurance the ppobox guy told about the content to the bluedart courier guy and they steal from the package or find any way to stole that package so please opt for insurance if product has high value

1) I got a bill for 4.4 lbs when the packet weight only 1.1 lbs !! This has happened multiple times. The shipping bill was later rectified after 're-weighing' by SNS. But my question is... Why did you charge me for 4.4lbs in the first place ?? Don't you have a weighing machine ? Don't you weigh packages ? Or you expect the client to weigh ?

2) The duty charged was excess and trust me... you don't wanna deal with the Delhi staff !! Not only they are blatantly rude, they are extreeeeeemly un-cooperative. Infact, when I went to the Customs office personally, I found the Customs staff to be more co-operative than the SNS Delhi team!!

1. They will charge you for volumetric weight if they can so make sure your package dimensions are less, it doesn't matter how much your package weight, when they are charging for volumetric weight...

So that's not SNS fault..

2. They provide you custom charge receipt, so Again it's not SNS fault, it's Delhi custom at fault..

1. They will charge you for volumetric weight if they can so make sure your package dimensions are less, it doesn't matter how much your package weight, when they are charging for volumetric weight...

2. They provide you custom charge receipt, so Again it's not SNS fault, it's Delhi custom at fault..

As far as I know, SnS does not charge on volumetric weight. They don't consider the size of the box, but the actual weight....

This is actually sns problem..

Last week one of my parcel also shown 4.4lbs when it was less than 300gms.

But they re assessed it on my request n charged correct weight..

But i don't think it is intentional.. This is 1st time in my history of around 50 parcels in 2 yrs

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

sns item was cleared from mumbai custom i talked to anuradha regarding this

bhai, kuchh handsets apne sell-bazaar forums mea bhi lagaa dena..

• Like 1

Well

1. No the fault was with SNS. If it was volumetric weight, they would not have rectified the shipping charges. They have rectified the billing in 2 consecutive shipments due to faulty shipping bill. I advise you guys to weight the package and check just to be safe !

2. Custom Charge & BoE (Original) was not provided despite repeated requests. I was just given a photocopy with their stamp. When I gave that to the customs officer, he said it is not valid and I need original.

The duty paid itself was more than the invoice itself ! (I had NOT under-declared the item. The invoice was genuine.Infact, the item was still available with 'Ebay buy it now & amazon at the time of clearing). It was purely the fault of SnS in the sense that I was not even informed before clearing. In such exceptional cases, I think they should inform the client immediately. For 2 months they said they are 'looking into the matter'. Nothing was done at all. Infact after 2 months, I was told to go to the Customs Office myself as they 'Did not have adequate time' (This was told to me by Mr. Das of their Delhi team). When I agreed, I asked them for original BoE which was not provided. The Delhi team simply refused to co-operate. Further, I was told that the time for raising a dispute for re-assessment was over after 2 months. Ultimately it was a loss of about 7k for me.

On a positive note, their service was immaculate when they had started.

I have decided to give them another chance, hoping I would have a better experience. Lets hope what happened to me was an isolated incident.

• Like 1

If you are talking about my item, no it was cleared from Delhi.

Ms. Anuradha was quite helpful.She was polite and tried to find a solution. It was their Delhi team who refused to co-operate.

@maniac8828

- Look you have to understand, that since SnS or PPOBOX get the items cleared on our behalf, and the fact that SnS charges you fee for it (I think about Rs100 or so as brokerage fee), I believe that partly it is also their duty and responsibility to ensure that their clients interests are protected and they are not blatantly over-charged. If that happens they should immediately inform the client and co-operate. I feel it would be wrong on their part to just say 'What can we do? Customs has charged this.The receipt is the proof.' Wrong-doing on the customs part does not relieve them of their responsibility to take necessary action on our behalf.

So, I made the invoice payment yesterday and there has been an update today in tracking status. The update was done today but date is of saturday. :P

January 11, 2014 2000 BOMBAY SHIPMENT IN TRANSIT -LOCATION
But I got no mail or tracking number yet. :s
Finally got tracking number of Bluedart. :D so when does the tracking starts? currently its not working on bluedart.
Edited by Shivam15

High value phones are likely to be absorbed by PPOBOX. I had bought a note2 SPR which was told to be in customs, the strangest thing ever happened when Mumbai airport customs replied with release date and the applied duty. There are many non RIMweb members who have been caught under the net of ppobox. They have a sound knowledge of hoodwinking the law and are experts in gaining legal loopholes. I still have 17 Stellars in their NY hub, so virtually unable to take a legal action for the $220 Note2. All they are saying is 'Sir, ab aap yeh package bhool jaao ' Sanjay Gandhi is bent on saying the same thing giving a lame excuse of Rs 16000 more to pay for the release. There is nothing like used phones will get detained, if at all they get scrutinized, they will be attached some extra penalty. Got one Stellar released because it was of a very less value with Rs 3000 attached. For those who have a list of items with ppobox should join hands and take some initiative preferably via some media.

Sent from my SPH-L720

^^^^ What happened to your phones sir(that you mentioned few days earlier that they have been detained by customs, did you get those by paying the penalty).

bhai, kuchh handsets apne sell-bazaar forums mea bhi lagaa dena..

correct..... :Sorprendido:​ ab unke 25 post ho gai he....lol :welcome: