Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
caringlover

ShopAndShip / PPO Box & other package forwarders

<p>May be someone in between. </p><p>USPS itself. </p>

I couldn't open the Ebay case earlier as PPO-Box only informed me today !

I paid through Paypal... I doubt if charge-back is gonna help... but let me speak to my CC company.....

What do you think.. is it the fault of seller or PPO-Box? I am confused because of the seller rating.

I doubt, if PPOBox are involved in this. Most likely the seller or USPS. If as you say the seller is legit, it`s most likely USPS.

All those who are finding problems locating so called 'detained' phones in this December 2013 lot should contact Mohammed Anas of PPObox and give him my reference, he will see that your papers really reach to the CHA agent. The below contact should not be confused with PPO's in-house CHA Sanjay Gandhi. This agent will maintain maximum transparency in getting our items out of Mumbai Air customs and courier terminal.

SR No:- 1418

CHA No:- 11-1039

SUNSHINE AGENCY

MR.SANJAY N.MISTRY

4C,KOLDONGRI SOC,PARSIWADA,SAHAR ROAD,ANDHRI EAST,MUMBAI pino :-400-099

28254242/4343

sun94@rediffmail.com

PAN based CHA no:- AAOFS9411PCH001

• Like 3

Well.. I even I was doubting that it has anything to do with ppobox... but the experiences posted by other members (two of them posted missing iphones) force me to

doubt... have written to then for weight confirmation of the package and also filed missing item claim in USPS. USPS said they will investigate in 2 days.

I'm planning to get a consolidated package containing 4-5 handsets (phone only bad esn/imei for parts and repairs). As per my experience and what I read here going with comGateway (hopshopgo) this time as ppobox doesnt allow for more than one item in one package.

I wanted to know from someone who uses comGateway regularly, how does is compare to ppobox 's speedy and hasstlefree delivery ? (although ppobox is somewhat laggy for last couple weeks).

Also if I can get the seller to incl an invoice in the package confirming that I purchased them at that price, will there still be delays/issues at custom clearance ?

Finally is there any customer care contact no for hopshopgo where I can talk and get more info about their services ?

Superb service by Hopshopgo for Western India. When PPObox halted its operations in early January, I chose HSG and all my used bad esn phones were delivered on the fourth day of shipping from Portland. I did get an option to repack the phones in Portland but I did not instruct to club them all. HSG has per Kg weight scale charge, most handsets ship in their $24 shipping. A detailed customs invoice is delivered by Bluedart who partners DHL in India. Real-time tracking all the way thru and SMS alerts during inward customs and customs clearance. Customs duty was charged as brand new phones.

Sent from my SPH-L720

• Like 1

^^^

Its not hsg, its Dhl

Hsg just fwd package to DHL, then all the clearing is done by DHL only.

HSG has nothing to do with it.

Also got my package cleared yesterday from ppobox with normal duty.

tapatalking.....

Superb service by Hopshopgo for Western India. When PPObox halted its operations in early January, I chose HSG and all my used bad esn phones were delivered on the fourth day of shipping from Portland. I did get an option to repack the phones in Portland but I did not instruct to club them all. HSG has per Kg weight scale charge, most handsets ship in their $24 shipping. A detailed customs invoice is delivered by Bluedart who partners DHL in India. Real-time tracking all the way thru and SMS alerts during inward customs and customs clearance. Customs duty was charged as brand new phones.

Sent from my SPH-L720

Thanks for the review on HSG service.. I'm also trying their service this time.. but u mentioned they also charged custom fee as brand new phone for used bad esn ones.. so it must be quite high. I am getting 2 iphone 5 which I got for 450$ from a pawn shop which are used phone only without box or accessories. Will they charge as per 650$ each ? also do they provide some kind of proof for the custom fee charged like SNS ? Ppobox ppl are denying to provide that at the moment.

^^^

Its not hsg, its Dhl

Hsg just fwd package to DHL, then all the clearing is done by DHL only.

HSG has nothing to do with it.

Also got my package cleared yesterday from ppobox with normal duty.

tapatalking.....

My package from ppobox also got cleared yesterday and I received invoice with normal duty.

Do you know how much time they take to dispatch parcel once payment is done?

You both mentioned 'normal duty'.. does it mean according to the invoice you provided or according to indian value of new phone. They are charging custom duty on 650$ for an used bad esn note 3 phone only without backcover.

Still awaiting reply from PPOBox/USPS for my lost phone. The Seller says he sent the phone. I am hoping that the phone is found.

PS: The Seller says he contacted local law enforcement ... I think that should help

@dev

Normal custom duty = duty on declared value.

tapatalking.....

• Like 1

All those who are finding problems locating so called 'detained' phones in this December 2013 lot should contact Mohammed Anas of PPObox and give him my reference, he will see that your papers really reach to the CHA agent. The below contact should not be confused with PPO's in-house CHA Sanjay Gandhi. This agent will maintain maximum transparency in getting our items out of Mumbai Air customs and courier terminal.

SUNSHINE AGENCY

MR.SANJAY N.MISTRY

28254242/4343

sun94@rediffmail.com

Sir, can you also please let us know how to go ahead with this. One of my packages was also detained. Can we call Mr. Mistry on his phone directly and what all documents do we need to provide. Also how to contact Mohammed Anas. I always get either Divyank or Komal when I call PPOBox.

Also if you don't mind, can you share what how much were you charged when you went through Mr. Mistry. I have heard horror stories about Sanjay Gandhi and people being asked to pay 12k for 14k worth phone despite providing all documents.

Thanks.

Even one of my packages was delivered as an empty box. In my case, the seller was alreade under my suspicion because the tracking no he had provided wasn't trackable. He had shipped on 6th december and the pacage was delivered on 14th january according to PPOBox. Even if the seller had shipped the phone, he should have used a service which had tracking and insurance which he didn't do. I had already opened a case against him, even before the package arrived empty and PayPal decided in my favor just 4 days ago.

SUNSHINE AGENCY

MR.SANJAY N.MISTRY

28254242/4343

sun94@rediffmail.com

Sir, can you also please let us know how to go ahead with this. One of my packages was also detained. Can we call Mr. Mistry on his phone directly and what all documents do we need to provide. Also how to contact Mohammed Anas. I always get either Divyank or Komal when I call PPOBox.

Also if you don't mind, can you share what how much were you charged when you went through Mr. Mistry. I have heard horror stories about Sanjay Gandhi and people being asked to pay 12k for 14k worth phone despite providing all documents.

Thanks.

Even one of my packages was delivered as an empty box. In my case, the seller was alreade under my suspicion because the tracking no he had provided wasn't trackable. He had shipped on 6th december and the pacage was delivered on 14th january according to PPOBox. Even if the seller had shipped the phone, he should have used a service which had tracking and insurance which he didn't do. I had already opened a case against him, even before the package arrived empty and PayPal decided in my favor just 4 days ago.

I have PMed you Anas's number.

But in my case the seller has 100% feedback ! And he used traceable number which was available in online tracking.

Edited by gaurangbhartia

I am getting 2 iphone 5 which I got for 450$ from a pawn shop which are used phone only without box or accessories. Will they charge as per 650$ each ?

+1

Can someone please clarify that if the customs is charged on the invoice value or value of brand new phone in US (or India ) or ... ?

Its mostly on the invoice value but the custom officer has every legal right to assess it at market value in India.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Received a phone through ShopAndShip.

Experience:

The phone arrived on 20th Jan 2014 to ShopAndShip, NY. Didn't get updated in their records so I called them on 22nd Jan and they created the record.

Phone was shipped on 25th Jan 2014 and it was delivered on 30th Jan 2014.

Weight for the first time after sooo long was correctly charged !!

Overall Experience : Good

Special mention. Ms. Anuradha was helpful in answering my questions.

^ Customs was charged on invoice value or Indian MRP ?

Anybody have experience with HopShopGo ? They are charging $30 for shipping - feels expensive compared to ppobox - but comes with Insurance and 5 days shipping time.

^ Customs was charged on invoice value or Indian MRP ?

Anybody have experience with HopShopGo ? They are charging $30 for shipping - feels expensive compared to ppobox - but comes with Insurance and 5 days shipping time.

After good service reviews from Dr. Faramroze and fed up with the service issues from ppobox, I decided to go with HSG for this time. The item was dispatched from portand on 28th and currently reached the mumbai customs. Hopefully, I will get the info on the custom charges and let u know if they charge on the declared (invoice) value or the MRP value.

@Dr Faramroze : Sir, my shipping status says custom process completed last night, but still I cant see any details on how much custom fee is being charged on HSG or DHL. Will they send the documents directly to my mail or I have to wait for the courier guy to provide it ?

@Dr Faramroze : Sir, my shipping status says custom process completed last night, but still I cant see any details on how much custom fee is being charged on HSG or DHL. Will they send the documents directly to my mail or I have to wait for the courier guy to provide it ?

You see lot of those messages with regards to DHL, what they do is that they submit papers to the customs officials before item is arrived to their Indian hub(depending on the location of your place in the country), you will also see 'custom status updated', 'Clearance Event' & 'processed for clearance' messages every day until the physical verification of the items by customs officials is completed. If you have multiple packages, then they may also arrive at different times or days even(it all depends on the sorting facility at Heathrow Airport, London). You will get a call from them or you can call DHL customer service & ask to arrange a call from their clearance team, you will get a call & you can ask them about the status & customs fee(if the items are cleared).