Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
caringlover

ShopAndShip / PPO Box & other package forwarders

U will know the customs amount only when u receive the package. <br />

Else call DHL 24*7 toll free number 1800111345 and ask for the amount payable on delivery.<br />

Also note that amount payable includes 350+ service tax as DHL clearance fee over and above the Custom Duty amount charged.

Waiting for your updates and review for HSG..

Hello All,

Finally after a slight delay , got the package in hand today. As mentioned earlier this was my first time with HSG and DHL and I must say it was a very good experience, all things considered. The package containing 2 iphone 5 which I bought for 450$ reached HSG on monday 27th Jan. I choose the express service instead of standard as it was just 3-4$ more and shipping time was 2-3 days less. Item was dispatched thru DHL the next day i.e 28th with expected delivery date on today i.e 3rd Feb.

The item reached customs on 30th night time and it took sometime to get it cleared. I finally got confirmation that its been cleared after manual inspection and dispatched from mumbai DHL hub to pune on 1st Feb.

Now to the good news most of you might be waiting to hear.. they charged custom fee on the actual invoice value instead of the indian MRP and only at 7% (not at 10-11% as few ppl told me earlier). My item value as shown in the invoice which was incl in the package was 450$ or about Rs 28500/-. Custom + Clearence fees levied was Rs 2485/- which can be calculated roughly as 7% of the amount + Rs 350/- flat clearance fees. One thing to note here is that the paypal invoice generated by the seller was incl in the package and custom ppl surprisingly honoured that.

One more thing I would like to inform is about the shipping weight. As u know HSG catergorises in 1kg instead of 500gms/1lbs for its price slots and for 1st kg fees is 24$(28$ for express). However they dont overcharge by mentioning high volmetrci weight. Instead what was indicated as 2lbs in UPS was indicated as only 0.5kg by HSG. So I'm sure in almost every case ur package weight will not go beyong 1kg mark.

All n All, I am truly happy about the first experience and will most definately keep on using this service , mainly when getting more than 1 item.

Cheers!!!

• Like 2

U will know the customs amount only when u receive the package. <br />

Else call DHL 24*7 toll free number 1800111345 and ask for the amount payable on delivery.<br />

Also note that amount payable includes 350+ service tax as DHL clearance fee over and above the Custom Duty amount charged.

Other CC no that u can use is 18002001345 . I had better luck with this one

I guess I'm done with this PPO ****, after waiting more than 20days, finally when they have started shipping out the packages, here comes the bummer. Been getting charged around 900+Rs. custom for even a 20$ phone. I'm fine with paying these charges, but i also need to make sure that the duties are going in correct pockets. I asked them to provide me with BOE more than a week back for which they replied that they can only provide 3* BOE as per thr policy(?). Further BOE's will be charged 500rs extra for each shipment. Till now i haven't got any updates regarding the BOE and i guess i will not going to get them anyway as happened earlier too.

I have created a shipment on 27/12/2013 in PPO account, and it was delivered at PPO NY the same day according to delivery status of the package on USPS site. The package value was 90$ and the seller opted for 50$ insurance, now since the have started shipping out the packages slowly, i thought i should just wait for them to forward this package too. After waiting for more than a month, i sent them an email regarding my shipment and got the below reply,

Hi,

We have not received any update from our US Hub regarding this package.

We will check with our US team and will update you within 24 hour.

With Regards,
Divyank

I already started getting my packages with SnS, even if i have faced any kind of issues with thr service, Anuradha promptly resolved them out unlike PPO guys who only cares about peoples who have stopped using thr service for short period and call them to ask whether they are fine or not and when they are going to start using thr service again. My humble request to all visitors and members not to go with PPO service, since its mostly the same as SnS when comes to charges and worse than that when it comes to service.

Has anybody here imported a used phone from ebay ?

I mean if the condition of the phone is listed as "used" ebay - the same will be printed on the paypal invoice - how does that affect customs ? Anyone with experience ?

Also is there any way to avoid the paypal currency conversion fee while buying on ebay ? Costs a bomb...

OK...So anybody having experience importing MINT condition phones ? Tell us your story please....

Has anybody here imported a used phone from ebay ?

I mean if the condition of the phone is listed as "used" ebay - the same will be printed on the paypal invoice - how does that affect customs ? Anyone with experience ?

Also is there any way to avoid the paypal currency conversion fee while buying on ebay ? Costs a bomb...

Customs clearance charges are not at all straightforward. You may or may not get charged for the invoiced value.

It also depends on which forwarding service you are using. Hence, this thread for discussion of various package forwarding services.

Edited by astrokidvaibhav

^^^^ Sshhh....

• Like 1

You can also use your card provider's conversion rate while checking out with paypal.. In my case I always found paypal conversion rate better..

HSG will ship upto 5 handsets new or old in one box, sometimes they label the contents as cellphones and sometimes as "pc-parts". The ideal benefit of HSG's carrier DHL is that they immediately notify us if the package is detained by the customs department. And they will themselves arrange for CHA Sunil D'souza in Mumbai and get it freed along with the customs challan. So there is no apparent risk in shipping by HSG, if at all, the shipment can become little costly.

• Like 3

Thanks astrokidvaibhav. Will look into it...

dr.faramroze have you tried it ? Being able to import mint condition phones would be awesome...I will be able to change phones often then...Customs Officials do open the box right ?

I heard the customs on used phones is 42%....it makes no sense in getting the phones released from customs if that is the case....

anyone tell me rate of used mobile custom duty????

i heard now its too dificult to purchase used or refurbished mobile???

As per law its illegal to import used electronics goods.

But if u somehow get thru saying new or officer did not check, duty will be as same as new device or on declared value in invoice.

tapatalking.....

Ya...I checked with some other places too...importing used phones mint or not is illegal. There goes that option......Awesome phones were available at great prices.. :(

Ya...I checked with some other places too...importing used phones mint or not is illegal. There goes that option......Awesome phones were available at great prices.. :(

You can always check the Sell Bazaar for good deals from our Rimweb sellers. If you want a specific model then request it. I am sure the Rimwebian gurus will help you obtain the handset you want. :cheers:

You can always check the Sell Bazaar for good deals from our Rimweb sellers. If you want a specific model then request it. I am sure the Rimwebian gurus will help you obtain the handset you want. :cheers:

Ohk nice.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

PpoBox is providing Mobile shipments? or its blocked?

I am planning to buy a Moto G from thr.

They still doing mobiles

tapatalking.....

Is it safe to buy a $500 phone via PPOBOX? Are they going to say that they didn't recieve the phone and keep it themselves?

Is it safe to buy a $500 phone via PPOBOX? Are they going to say that they didn't recieve the phone and keep it themselves?

I should suggest you to keep away from PPOBox, rather get it shipped via SnS with Insurance. You can ask Anuradha for discount coupons.

hey guys ,

i was thinking to order a phone but i dont want to use ppobox because of some of u guys faced some problems with delivery of the product and delayed shipment

i have also used ishopinternational but currently their custom, taxes etc are too high

so what do u recommend me to use comegateway or sns or something else or maybe stick to ppobox ( i live in delhi)

btw safety is the most important thing for me

thank you guys for helping a noob

ps if comegateway are fedex or dhl good in delhi ??

^ Do not use comGateway if you are going to get your shipment in or via Delhi. Your phone is going to get stuck in customs. Delhi customs is nutritious for harassing.....

My shipment via comGateway landed in Bangalore on Monday 4 AM and is still in customs.....DHL didn't do a thing to help me. This despite Bangalore having a good reputation of customs.

PPOBox had some bad weather issues and people misused it by ordering large number of phones with false values....hence the trouble. My recommendation - go with PPOBox with insurance.....they use bulk clearance and the odds of your phone getting stuck are low...especially if it is not a new one. I do not know how good ShopNShip is....but they are the cheapest if you want to order just one phone. However you will have to open an account with them....

@KanishkGandharv...can you please share Anuradha's contact ?

• Like 1

All those who are finding problems locating so called 'detained' phones in this December 2013 lot should contact Mohammed Anas of PPObox and give him my reference, he will see that your papers really reach to the CHA agent. The below contact should not be confused with PPO's in-house CHA Sanjay Gandhi. This agent will maintain maximum transparency in getting our items out of Mumbai Air customs and courier terminal.

SR No:- 1418

CHA No:- 11-1039

SUNSHINE AGENCY

MR.SANJAY N.MISTRY

4C,KOLDONGRI SOC,PARSIWADA,SAHAR ROAD,ANDHRI EAST,MUMBAI pino :-400-099

28254242/4343

sun94@rediffmail.com

PAN based CHA no:- AAOFS9411PCH001

Sir, can you also please let us know how to go ahead with this. One of my packages was also detained. Can we call Mr. Mistry on his phone directly and what all documents do we need to provide. Also how to contact Mohammed Anas. I always get either Divyank or Komal when I call PPOBox.

Also if you don't mind, can you share what how much were you charged when you went through Mr. Mistry. I have heard horror stories about Sanjay Gandhi and people being asked to pay 12k for 14k worth phone despite providing all documents.

Thanks.

Even one of my packages was delivered as an empty box. In my case, the seller was alreade under my suspicion because the tracking no he had provided wasn't trackable. He had shipped on 6th december and the pacage was delivered on 14th january according to PPOBox. Even if the seller had shipped the phone, he should have used a service which had tracking and insurance which he didn't do. I had already opened a case against him, even before the package arrived empty and PayPal decided in my favor just 4 days ago.

I have PMed you Anas's number.

Thanks a lot for your help.

PPOBox are cheats as can be ascertained from my encounter.

The package they had told me that had been detained by customs was suddenly automatically released and cleared. They has sent me the email on 11th January about my package being detained. For some reasons, I didn't respond for more than 2 weeks. And suddenly I recived the invoice with customs and shipping for the same package.

This clearly shows that this package detention was staged by PPOBox just so that they can cheat customers and make up for the fines that they are levied by the auditing authorities. Innocent people were duped and made to pay upto rs. 12k by their so called in-house CHA Sanjay Gandhi.

SNS are the best option out there right now. They don't have any control over the amount of duty being charged but at least they are honest about it.
HSG/comGateway are not good if you are from North India as customs department in Delhi is notoriously bad for overcharging. Best experience I have heard of till date is by people from Mumbai.
As for SNS it works out if one ships a lot of stuff via them as you are bound to get good luck as much as there are chances of bad luck. Case and point being my latest 2 shipments via SNS.

1) Contained 2 HTC One MAX - Duty charged 6300 which is alright as that would put the assessed value of the package at 90k which is what the phones cost in India. Still a lot more than what I would like to have paid.

2) Contained 1 HTC One MAX and 1 LG G2 - Duty charged 534. I was literally laughing as to how did that happen.

So all in all I end up paying around 6800 as duty for 4 phones which is more than acceptable and still less than what the cheats at PPOBox would have charged me without any proof. Experience has been similar with all the last 10-12 phones I had got shipped via SNS. Only problem with them is that the service is very slow as compared to PPOBox/HSG but then there are no hassles and as said above, Ms. Anuradha is very helpful. I used to ship with them earlier and even in those days my experience had been very good due to the great CS provided by Ms. Anuradha and her team.

• Like 2

^ If you don't mind me asking - were these new phones with box manuals etc or were they used ones ?

See my thought here is - comGateway / SNS are good if you are getting a new phone - because customs evaluate each phone individually and you may even save on the customs if its evaluated at the invoice price.

But if you are importing a used phone without box charger etc - phone only etc, then PPOBox will make more sense as they get customs cleared in bulk and the odds of inspection are low...Please correct me if I am wrong.

What is the average time with SNS ? (comeGateway - 72 hrs flat to India - then it all depends on customs)

^ If you don't mind me asking - were these new phones with box manuals etc or were they used ones ?

See my thought here is - comGateway / SNS are good if you are getting a new phone - because customs evaluate each phone individually and you may even save on the customs if its evaluated at the invoice price.

But if you are importing a used phone without box charger etc - phone only etc, then PPOBox will make more sense as they get customs cleared in bulk and the odds of inspection are low...Please correct me if I am wrong.

What is the average time with SNS ? (comeGateway - 72 hrs flat to India - then it all depends on customs)

These were new phones but I have shipped used phones with them too without any problem in the past.

Average time with SNS is 7-10 days. One of my packages was delivered to their NY office on the 5th and I will be getting it in my hands today.