Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
caringlover

ShopAndShip / PPO Box & other package forwarders

Ty for the reply

So what i see is the best is ppobox for used phones but at the moment many people are facing problems with ppobox

Other thing i see is that there is another option sns but that could be a problem as packages are cleared individually

Now to be on a safer side i think i should not import used phones from usa as if the phone gets caught 45% penealty on mrp is too much (they assess value on mrp not the billed amount ,right??)

Thank you

btw another thing guys ...will a brand new phone without box charger be considered as new ??

Before browsing the forum and getting aware of the difficulties faced by members. I have placed an order for a $220 Tablet and provided the shipping address that of PPOBox. Now I am scared. The seller has shipped the product via USPS and its insured, I have also created a new shipment with PPOBox and fortunately opted in for Insurance. I have also submitted ID Proof, eBay Invoice and Paypal receipt.

What I wish to know is that whether there is anything else apart from praying that I need to do to avoid any hassles or being slapped additional duty.

Previously I had used SNS for a couple of shipments but nowadays Aramex takes 8 Days to deliver domestic product to Kolkata and therefore decided to try PPOBox. I was of the opinion that as PPOBox and iShopinternational are both ICC Worldwide's entity, the service must be good. Hope I am proven correct.

So, Moto G sold on Amazon with name "Global GSM" is gonna work in India with 2g and 3g?? :w00t:

Also, what does PPOBOX requires for shipping a mobile via them? :doh:

So, Moto G sold on Amazon with name "Global GSM" is gonna work in India with 2g and 3g?? :w00t:

Also, what does PPOBOX requires for shipping a mobile via them? :doh:

If it is written as "Global GSM" or "Unlocked for International" then you can use it for 2G and 3G in India for any GSM Network of your choice..

PPOBOX requirements can be found on their website.. And they ask for each and every detail required while filling your shipment form.. So it's a straightforward method.. If you don't fill something by mistake they call you and ask you to fill it out..

If you are buying from Amazon then try ishopinternational.. They use the same freight forwarding service and sometimes have discounts too.. If you buy today there is a 50% shipping discount going on..

• Like 1

Got a call from Ppobox guy. He asked me which phone I am buying, when I said moto G he said, custom will be charge at $280 while the phone which I am purchasing is of only $199 on Amazon? Why so. :w00t::censored3::surprise:

^ ^ ^

What's the bright idea behind importing Moto G 16GB Single SIM from amazon at US$199(+international shipping+Customs) without warranty when one can get Dual SIM version in india with warranty from Flipkart at Rs 13,999?

• Like 1

^ ^ ^

What's the bright idea behind importing Moto G 16GB Single SIM from amazon at US$199(+international shipping+Customs) without warranty when one can get Dual SIM version in india with warranty from Flipkart at Rs 13,999?

Just for the sake of it(importing)!! or for helping some package forwarders....

Talked to a PPOBOX rep today..

1) You cannot order more than two phones per person per day..

2) Both phones must be in different packing.. Two phones in one package is not allowed..

3) Duty paid will be on current market value for used phones.. (When I asked how they decided market value the guy said google for current market value of your phone you will get it)

Also talked to an Ishop rep

Ishopinternational is refusing to ship used phones.. Only phones with condition New or New(Other) can be shipped through Ishop..

Talks are going on with customs dept. for the duty applicable for used phones after which they will start shipping used phones (will take a month or so)..

• Like 2

^ ^ ^

Actually I have some gift cards of Amazon so it wont be that costly to me. It will be cheaper than what I would buy from here. ;)

And also I hate dual sim phones :P

Actually I have some gift cards of Amazon so it wont be that costly to me. It will be cheaper than what I would buy from here. ;)

Actually you will save more if you buy one Moto G from here and use those gift cardS for some other thing...

And also I hate dual sim phones

You can also use DualSIM phone as Single SIM phone. If you are still having way too much anger on that second SIM slot, you can use a pocket knife or any other sharp object to remove the second SIM slot :P Another added advantage by doing so is, it will lose the warranty just like the Imported one. (Am just kidding, please don't take it seriously my friend)

Edited by KanagaDeepan
  • Like 1

^

Lolz

You could sell off your gift cards too. :)

Or maybe gift them... :P

Someone told here to use SHopandship but when I went to signup it asks for $45 as membership fee. :w00t::w00t::w00t:

That way any item will be way more costly. :bash:

Generally they have coupons through which your signup amount reduces to around 10-15$.. One such expired in November 2013.. You will have to wait for the next round.. Or signup in 45$..

http://www.shopandship.com/service-updates/46459/welcome-to-shop-and-ship-india

Shop and ship member ship can be taken by rs 620 .

Payment to official Aramax sns bank account thru neft

tapatalking.....

• Like 1

^ How do we find the bank account number ?

Simple.. Message Hitesh ji.. He will tell you.. :-p

put a mail to Anuradha.Iyer@aramex.com

tell her, that you are not able to complete online payment thru aramax normal web payment,

Also you are not able to use any coupon codes,

and request her to send you bank dertails for NEFT

So, Shopnship is better than ppobox?

I read some reviews from people saying that even shopnship says that they recieved empty box in NY? :P

So, if that happens then there will be a great loss to me or anyone. :( I have to buy a phone of around 400 to 500$.

And thus looking for best company to ship. the ones who are true and dont delay much.

So, Shopnship is better than ppobox?

I read some reviews from people saying that even shopnship says that they recieved empty box in NY? :P

So, if that happens then there will be a great loss to me or anyone. :( I have to buy a phone of around 400 to 500$.

And thus looking for best company to ship. the ones who are true and dont delay much.

Maybe you can try HSG. They are good but little expensive. Haven't heard of any missing shipments from them..

^^^

What if these companies are true and original shipper is a at fault ?

I'm done using ishopinternational.

The phones which I request them to buy for me, they buy themselves and then I receive a mail that sorry, your product is sold out.

This has happened to me twice.

I am trying to get an evidence to support my claim and will post the same.

Please suggest a better alternative to this service.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

^^^

What if these companies are true and original shipper is a at fault ?

But if its purchased directly by Amazon then there wont be any chances like that. Ships and sold by amazon.

There is risk in items sold by sellers.

Received from ICICI Credit cards the following, not sure if it can be posted here. Mods may delete, if inappropriate: -

topLogo.gif

middleimg.jpg Dear Card Member,

Greetings from ICICI Bank.

Celebrate this new year by shopping from the U.S., with your favourite brands being just a click away. specialTD01.jpgspecialTD02001.jpgspecialTD02002.jpgBelow are some simple steps you need to follow: specialTD02004.jpgspecialTD03.jpgspecialTD04.jpgnumber.jpg Register with your
ICICI Bank Credit Card on myus.com, a personal shipping service which provides you with an exclusive shipping address
in the U.S Shop from any U.S. based online store and provide your
MyUS shipping address The package arrives
at the MyUS address
and automatically
gets forwarded to
your address in India Package is received at your door step – Quick, easy and
cost effective specialTD06.jpgspecialTD07.jpgspecialTD08.jpgspecialTD09.jpgspecialTD01.jpgspecialTD02001.jpgspecialTD02002.jpgSpecial benefits for ICICI Bank Credit Card members: specialTD02004.jpgspecialTD03.jpgspecialTD04.jpgstar.jpg Set-up fees waived on premium membership ($20 savings) star.jpg Membership fees waived on premium membership for 2 years ($120 savings) star.jpg 25% shipping discount during first month of membership star.jpg 20% shipping discount on all subsequent shipments for next 23 months specialTD06.jpgspecialTD07.jpgspecialTD08.jpgspecialTD09.jpgclickhere.jpg to register now. So go ahead and start shopping! myus.jpg
  • Like 1